• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rwby vs Elder Scrolls, red riding hood endition. Ruby vs Aela

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheesh, I tought 70 or something.

Yeah, ruby can't even notice aela after a few dozen shots. So still a stomp...

Wokistan said:
A stealthy approach still lets her get off a lot of attacks, pinning, all sorts of stuff.
An atletic human trying to pin down a class K, that'll work out well

What is the stealth stat of the Theif Guild members because if it's under Aela's that's a problem (game problem not vs battles problem, like what the heck Bethesda)

Anyways the more I read about things I missed in the Elder Scrolls the more I realize I really need to get a better eye for detail. I'm still voting Rwby but now it's 6/10 instead of the 9/10 I originally thought.

Keeweed said:
What is the stealth stat of the Theif Guild members because if it's under Aela's that's a problem (game problem not vs battles problem, like what the heck Bethesda)
I dunno since none of them are followers (except in some quests), but Delvin is a master trainer in sneak so at least he is 100.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Sheev How exactly would you stealth kill someone who has a full body forcefield? If she tries that all she does it put herself in range of a massive scythe that can very easily decapitate her.
Oh, so a health bar to whittle down before making the killing shot. Kinda the main point of the sneak skill when it comes to dealing with the tougher opponents. Also, add that to far superior knowledge and experience with stealth tactics and what is only a degree removed from a full-on home field advantage, and Aela can pretty reliably stealth kill and avoid detection despite the forcefield

Pretty sure Ruby's enhanced senses would prevent a sneak attack from occuring, and her Aura would protect her from any attempt at a stealth kill.

@Sheev Considering theyre equal in AP a single scythe swing is going to be far more effective seeing as Ruby doesnt have to get through a forcefield in order to harm her opponent while Aela does. Aela has to hit her a few dozen times before she can even start to do any lasting damage.

Kiryu2012 said:
Pretty sure Ruby's enhanced senses would prevent a sneak attack from occuring, and her Aura would protect her from any attempt at a stealth kill.
Stealth mastery on Aela's level can pretty reliably counter enhanced senses, for example even when the Dovahkiin has inferior stealth to her they can still get the drop on werewolves, Falmer, and various types of creatures and beings that have highly enhanced hearing, smell, etc. Also, from what I've seen even non-damaging hits on Aura users can still elicit pain reactions and stun, so there's a window to reposition.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Sheev Considering theyre equal in AP a single scythe swing is going to be far more effective seeing as Ruby doesnt have to get through a forcefield in order to harm her opponent while Aela does. Aela has to hit her a few dozen times before she can even start to do any lasting damage.
Given that Aela has years more training and experience in melee combat as well as stealth, Ruby getting a hit in is more of an if than a when. And also, stealth mastery means she can reposition after shots and continue to abuse her stealth archery ad nauseum. If Aela felt like it, she could turn the fight into a rehash of the boss battle with The End from Snake Eater, excpet even more frustrating for Ruby than it was for Snake, seeing as she doesn't have a so much as a quarter of either Aela's or Snake's stealth skill, and her forcefield just drags it out.

If Ruby is being at shot by an unseen opponent her first instinct would be to use her semblance to get away and get a clear vantage point

Also going by their profiles Ruby is the more skilled of the two in actual combat

1) > endless forest > clear vantage point (even if a viable option, effectiveness against a stealth master that lived in the woods the entirety of her formative years and considers Hircine's hunting grounds (an endless forest, what do ya know) her ideal afterlife is dubious)

2) I don't see how, Aela's 20's to 30's, and been gaining experience the whole time both by living the basic premise of Hanna (minus Cate Blanchett), probably doing some Khabib shit and running with an esteemed band of mercenaries that's practically on the level of Berserk's Band of the Hawk in terms of skill, and making it into their elite inner circle, no less. She's definitely got more backing for her skill.

Tl;dr, Aela scoffs at her novice anti-stealth tactics, and if it got up close and personal she'd still teach her the basics of CQC

The sky my dude, unlike Aela Ruby can fly, and if Aela tries to shoot her down she will immediately give away her position and get a sniper round in retaliation

Has she had any actual training? Because Ruby has been training in combat since she was a child and was personally mentored by one of the most skilled fighters in the world to wield what THE most skilled fighter in the world (Who himself has thousands upon thousands of years of accumulated skill and combat knowledge) recognizes as one of the most difficult and dangerous weapons ever designed.

Trees normally blick the view from the sky as well. Unless she is litirally above her, some tree will be in the way of her vision. And people from a meter away can't see her, I doubt it works from the sky.

Yes. She trained all of her life since she could hold a sword (or was it dagger?). And the companions are some of the most skilled, despite the rate at which mary sues are spawned in-verse.

Unless her arrows are invisible there's no way a pro sniper like Ruby wouldnt be able to track the general trajectory of an arrow shooting into the air

According to her profile its daggers

Still has tree cover, my dude, makes it even easier to avoid detection since Aela can just chill under the darkest part of the canopy she can find and wait until Ruby lands before she even needs to give any notable effort to hiding.

Aela's life has bee training

Again, Unless her arrows are invisible there's no way a pro sniper like Ruby wouldnt be able to track the general trajectory of an arrow shooting into the air. If she's not trying to hide that makes it even worse for her.

You can shoot arrows at someone from litirally in-front of them and they can't do anything. Again, I didn't know she nearly had 100 stealth, it's absolulty impossible for ruby to notice aela unless she happens to physically bump into her without knowing where she is.

Then daggers.

That seems more like game mechanics tbh, and apparently Aela will try to sneak attack her into CQC which will alert Ruby to her presence and end up with a soon dead Aela

How is it game mechanics? Like, it's not even that impressive, you have a perk that makes people forget where you are by crouching, one that allows to take of full clothing and weapons from them without them noticing, etc. Sjyrim is kinda broken with stuff like that.

She's an archer. Daggers are only used when the enemy is already ramming her from close range.

WeeklyBattles said:
That seems more like game mechanics tbh, and apparently Aela will try to sneak attack her into CQC which will alert Ruby to her presence and end up with a soon dead Aela
I'm saying Aela's got better skill, not that she'd say **** it and go into CQC with someone she knows has an active forcefield, ya doofus

@Ricsi Because shooting straight at someone while youre standing in the open and theyre looking right at you with them being unable to notice that youre attacking them hardly qualifies as stealth, hell that's more along the lines of mind manipulation at that point.

By shooting with an arrow and noticing that she felt pain but wasn't physically hurt (which is like in-verse forcefields actually).

Shooting straight at someone while youre standing in the open and theyre looking right at you with them being unable to notice that youre attacking them hardly qualifies as stealth, hell that's more along the lines of mind manipulation at that point.

@Sheev The more likely conclusion is that Ruby's skin is hard enough that arrows cannot penetrate it

Aura is completely invisible, she has no reason to assume Ruby has a forcefield from shooting her once

WeeklyBattles said:
Shooting straight at someone while youre standing in the open and theyre looking right at you with them being unable to notice that youre attacking them hardly qualifies as stealth, hell that's more along the lines of mind manipulation at that point.
When did I say she was in the open when she loosed the shot?

Didn't aura actually show colors while tyrian kicked her?

Even if not, she just assumes she's using oakskin or something and keeps shooting. Ehat else do you think she would do, decide that going in with a dagger would be better?

WeeklyBattles said:
@Sheev The more likely conclusion is that Ruby's skin is hard enough that arrows cannot penetrate it

Aura is completely invisible, she has no reason to assume Ruby has a forcefield from shooting her once
Orrr, the more commonly-encountered scenario in Skyrim where the enemy is using something like Ironflesh to bolster their durability, which also falters under repeated battering just like Aura.

When hit by someone of a much higher tier yes but it doesnt show color when two people of a comparable level hit each other

Seeing as Ruby would start returning fire with Dust ammo very quickly, yes

Hmmm, I remember it showing color other times, but whatever.

Returning how? Are you purpusfully ignoring stealth?

WeeklyBattles said:
When hit by someone of a much higher tier yes but it doesnt show color when two people of a comparable level hit each other

Seeing as Ruby would start returning fire with Dust ammo very quickly, yes
I'd still see Aela making the connection despite not having the useful color coding. Also, that's even if Ruby can find her.

SheevShezarrine said:
I'd still see Aela making the connection despite not having the useful color coding. Also, that's even if Ruby can find her.
A few fire dust rounds to the forest floor would flush her out real quick

@Ricsi Doing what youre describing isnt stealth, its either hard game mechanics or a form of mind manipulation. And if she got hit by an arrow she'd notice she's being shot at and know to return fire

A few fire dust rounds to the forest floor would flush her out real quick

She's a steady-handed and experienced hunter and combatant, not some deer. Also goodie-two-shoes doesn't strike me as the sort to open a fight with arson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back