• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hu Tao vs Ruby Rose

Spinoirr

He/Him
Both are 7-C
Speed is equal
Fight takes place in Fhirdiad

Hu Tao:
bf462dcdb2f4f8d85215546cb91597fc_3992766675498235798.gif

Ruby Rose:
90a5f423a5960c8c075e8bc55201d142.png

Icon:

I'm bored so I'll give this a spin; Ruby heavily upscales from 29.12 KT plus has additional amps while Hu Tao scales to a casual 28 (ish) KT feat performed by a character that's narratively more powerful than her (Lisa) but has amps too, so AP is rather negligible but Ruby likely has the advantage in that department.

Ruby definitely takes the skill and experience advantage since although Hu Tao is capable of fighting off foes if she needs to, she actually doesn't like fighting and usually only uses combat as a last resort plus she prefers scaring off foes away unlike Ruby who has trained for years, absolutely loves combat and it's her actual job to fight unlike Hu Tao who is both a Funeral Director and a event's manager first then a Allogene (fighter) 2nd furthermore Ruby is known to be exceptional among Huntsmen/Huntresses while Hu Tao is just a standard Allogene (lorewise). Also Ruby actually has feats of fighting other Huntsmen and winning but afaik Hu Tao hasn't done the same with other Allogenes.

That said Ruby will have some trouble putting Hu Tao down (ironic I know) since Hu Tao's Pyro damage will be boosted when she drops below half health, she can outright ignore any stagger or knockback from Ruby's attacks while landing her own, she can heal herself with her elemental burst, can mitigate her stamina usage, create forcefields to protect herself and even if Ruby managers to get a deadly hit then Hu Tao can just auto revive herself (with a cooldown of one minute, EDiT it's not a revive but a 10s long Berserker Armour like buff lol) plus Hu Tao has sufficient NPI to harm Ruby even in her petal form while Ruby lacks the NPI to harm Hu Tao in her elemental form (judging by the profiles) however Hu Tao only uses Polearms and fire element attacks while Ruby is far more versatile in terms of fighting style, range options and elemental attacks.

Essentially can Ruby's (with her decently versatile arsenal) permanently put down or incap Hu Tao (with her more limited but resilient arsenal) before the battle drags out and Ruby's aura wears off?

Not voting but that's my two cents.

Last edited:
Ruby can one shot 29.12 KT and also she can just slam down Crescent Rose to make a blast of air to blow away her fire intangible form

I can see Ruby winning this pretty easy here, She can protect herself with Aura and She can demolish Hu Tao with her higher AP and Lifting Strength and also She has Petal Burst that give her incredible Speed (Even though speed are equalized in this match)

I can see Ruby winning this pretty easy here, She can protect herself with Aura and She can demolish Hu Tao with her higher AP and Lifting Strength and also She has Petal Burst that give her incredible Speed (Even though speed are equalized in this match)
Even tho speed is equal that's their base speed, meaning they can use speed amps

Back