• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Vol 9 General Discussion Thread: Multiverse Of Therapy

Pushing agendas are at their peak when its funny.
9-B RWBY cause Hazel can’t even punch Qrow hard enough to break a bannister.

caption.gif

What do people think about Cinder vaporizing that hole in Amity Arena?
I got town level

No upgrade although it scales to her casual fire blasts and explosions, so maybe some characters scale to that

I have a question. Do liquid/blob monsters have durability? I’m having a discord discussion right now with few friends about whether the Grimm river slamming into the Atlas shield is a durability feat. The Grimm river was semi sentient and could launch itself on its own power, as well as “survive” crashing into the shield. But, since it’s a tar like substance, and it fragmented on impact, would that count as a dura feat? We know that when Grimm die, they give off smoke. And since they are made of the Grimm goo, the goo would do the same.

This isn't a slight on you guys, but please get in here and explain this.

This isn't a slight on you guys, but please get in here and explain this.
Heavily heavily disagree with this. There is a giant RWBY bias on this site that I am frankly tired of seeing. Very much disagree with all the recent changes you guys have made.

I want to but I feel like I won't get a fair shake. I tried to start up some convos here about some feats but they never really gained traction.

My big points I have to prove is Grimm surviving the impact on Atlas and the cast downscaling from maidens. For the Grimm impact, when Yang looks down at the Grimm river for the first time, we see a Sabyr's head bob up from the river. This indicates that there are fully intact Grimm in the river and that they survived the impact. For maidens, the cast has been able to attack and harm them multiple times. Yes, they have done it in teams, but they still have contended with them before. For example, Team CME was able to defeat Amber through a group effort. Team RWBY were able to hold their own against a maiden Cinder, and Eddy Rivas in the director's commentary stated that Weiss was able to hold her in a 1v1 against Cinder for a while. Hell, when Jaune almost hit Cinder with his great sword in V5, it was framed as being an actual threat to her. Winter was also able to cut off Cinder's arm before. While it is not protected by aura, it is still strong enough to match a fellow maiden with even more experience, Raven.

My big points I have to prove is Grimm surviving the impact on Atlas and the cast downscaling from maidens. For the Grimm impact, when Yang looks down at the Grimm river for the first time, we see a Sabyr's head bob up from the river. This indicates that there are fully intact Grimm in the river and that they survived the impact. For maidens, the cast has been able to attack and harm them multiple times. Yes, they have done it in teams, but they still have contended with them before. For example, Team CME was able to defeat Amber through a group effort. Team RWBY were able to hold their own against a maiden Cinder, and Eddy Rivas in the director's commentary stated that Weiss was able to hold her in a 1v1 against Cinder for a while. Hell, when Jaune almost hit Cinder with his great sword in V5, it was framed as being an actual threat to her. Winter was also able to cut off Cinder's arm before. While it is not protected by aura, it is still strong enough to match a fellow maiden with even more experience, Raven.
Another thing, half fall maiden cinder Ran from Qrow

Why would she do that if she was strong enough to one shot kill him? Even with her new to the powers, the power amp alone of the magic should've made her able to kill qrow, yet she ran

Just testing the waters on this scaling, but what do people say about scaling Monstra to the Grimm river? In the director's commentary, they say that Monstra puked up all of the river. As we see with Kevin, large Grimm can spawn Grimm goo off of their bodies. As the river is made up off Monstra's body, it would make sense for him to scale to it. After all, he was able to create it with no noticeable draw back drawing from his own fluids. And the Grimm river was able to launch itself at high speeds to Atlas.

I know people say that Salem raised the Grimm river, but I simply don't think that is true. Whenever Salem uses telekineses, there is always a glow around the object. When she and Oz crushed the Nevermore in the flashback, it was a purple outline. When she raised up the Grimm goo at the end of V6, it had a red outline. The Grimm river had no outline. Furthermore, whenever she does us tk, she has to do some hand gestures. After all, she did the same with just a small puddle of Grimm goo. When the Grimm river explodes, she is sitting down in her chair doing nothing at all. If she needed to move her arms to move just a puddle of Grimm, I highly doubt that she'd just be sitting down when moving something infinitely heavier.

I also want to put this forth. We see in this clip that there are actual fully formed Grimm in the river, as shown when the sabyr pops out his head. Later on, after the Grimm river hits the atlas shield, four Centinals pop out too. These centinals, by the way, are much much bigger than normal centinals, as they are comparable to one of the floating platforms on the side of Atlas. This shows that Grimm are capable of taking a large amount of force and surviving it with no problem. If any of them died, then there would have been large amounts of coming out from the impact area.

This calc shows what this would yield. While it incorrectly thinks that the Centinal Grimm are regular sized instead of giant, it still should be comparable in size to a Saybr. So, we know that Grimm as Sabyr's and as big as giant Centinals can survive the impact. So, we can assume that other Grimm who upscale from the Sabyr, like the megagoliath or nevermores, can also survive the impact. I am looking for thoughts on this.

Just testing the waters on this scaling, but what do people say about scaling Monstra to the Grimm river? In the director's commentary, they say that Monstra puked up all of the river. As we see with Kevin, large Grimm can spawn Grimm goo off of their bodies. As the river is made up off Monstra's body, it would make sense for him to scale to it. After all, he was able to create it with no noticeable draw back drawing from his own fluids. And the Grimm river was able to launch itself at high speeds to Atlas.

I know people say that Salem raised the Grimm river, but I simply don't think that is true. Whenever Salem uses telekineses, there is always a glow around the object. When she and Oz crushed the Nevermore in the flashback, it was a purple outline. When she raised up the Grimm goo at the end of V6, it had a red outline. The Grimm river had no outline. Furthermore, whenever she does us tk, she has to do some hand gestures. After all, she did the same with just a small puddle of Grimm goo. When the Grimm river explodes, she is sitting down in her chair doing nothing at all. If she needed to move her arms to move just a puddle of Grimm, I highly doubt that she'd just be sitting down when moving something infinitely heavier.
Bumping this

Back