• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY vol 7 thread

TheRustyOne said:
She overpowered the force of his quadrupled attack while in the air, she was moving through it. That means she was generating more force than he was at that moment.
I suppose that makes sense.

Although that would directly contradict the guidebook, which is what we're using to justify the multipliers in the first place. If Yang increases her power quadruplefold when the guidebook says it's twicefold, what's to say the guidebook was correct about Flynt's power increase as well?

It didn't say that, it says she takes an attack, absorbs it, and can hit back at twice it's power. If she gets hit multiple times she gets multipe times stronger. They never said her Semblance makes her two times stronger and that's it. She can store up more than one hit, and highest we can assume is against Flynt which is 4x.

TheRustyOne said:
It didn't say that, it says she takes an attack, absorbs it, and can hit back at twice it's power. If she gets hit multiple times she gets multipe times stronger. They never said her Semblance makes her two times stronger and that's it. She can store up more than one hit, and highest we can assume is against Flynt which is 4x.
I see. Wouldn't that make her semblance's strength variable then, as it depends entirely on the strength of the attack she receives? Meaning that we can't assign a solid number to anything but the upper end of it?

Yes that's it, that's why I said her Semblance can be at most a 4x increase. We can't assume she can go higher than 4x, unless there's more evidence in the future.

WeeklyBattles said:
Well, technically 8x, 2x flynt's 4x damage but thats about it
I don't think she was absorbing Flynt's attack in that video, though. She was fighting Neon Katt up until the point where she activated her semblance, the fought Flynt.

@Rusty I'm fine with that.

Is it alright for me to update Flynt's Semblance to High 8-C?

Large Building level with Killer Quartet (Can quadruple the strength of his attacks by making three copies of himself)

You got the thumbs-up from me,

Feel free to update Yang's profile as well, since Weekly and I are on the same page for that.

No Might 09 said:
Well i wonder how they gonna beat salem...since someone that literally knows everything said they cant.
Been thinking about that. And you know what, they might not actually have to beat Salem.

You see, there was a reason she wanted the Kingdoms to be at each other's throats. The modification she was adding to the Grimm probably means that she is going to attack Altas in person, and with it cut off from the rest of the world, Salem would just swop in and grab two of the artefacts.

News would get out of this from the survivors, but the only remaining Kingdom in a position to resist would be Vacuo. Vale lost Beacon, Mistral had too many huntsmen losses and Atlas had it's central goverment destroyed.

In short, humanity would be united like Ozpin wanted, but he would be missing two of the relics in order to summon the G Bros. Salem would then be free to grab the other two by force.

Had Salem attacked Vale in person (she must be near or have Grimm within her sight in order to command them), humanity would have simply united against her and Ozma would have processed to immediately summon the Gods.

What Team RWBY needs to do, is to grab the second artefact (and possibly help defend Atlas two), and let Salem reveal herself. Then find a way to Vacuo, and grab the third artefact. Finally,go back to Beacon, or the spot where Ozma hid the fourth relic and summon the Gods. They will what is happening, and probably kill Salem for good, due to there being a good chance of them seeing her as a lost cause.

Also. While Adam' s Semblance is similar to Yang's, it's pointed out that he can only release the power he stored in a single devastating strike.

That means his afterimages and blade beams aren't part of his Semblance. It's likely they're created from dust, I assume that his blade is either made or infused with dust.

Been thinking about that. And you know what, they might not actually have to beat Salem.

You see, there was a reason she wanted the Kingdoms to be at each other's throats. The modification she was adding to the Grimm probably means that she is going to attack Altas in person, and with it cut off from the rest of the world, Salem would just swop in and grab two of the artefacts.

News would get out of this from the survivors, but the only remaining Kingdom in a position to resist would be Vacuo. Vale lost Beacon, Mistral had too many huntsmen losses and Atlas had it's central goverment destroyed.

In short, humanity would be united like Ozpin wanted, but he would be missing two of the relics in order to summon the G Bros. Salem would then be free to grab the other two by force.

Had Salem attacked Vale in person (she must be near or have Grimm within her sight in order to command them), humanity would have simply united against her and Ozma would have processed to immediately summon the Gods.

What Team RWBY needs to do, is to grab the second artefact (and possibly help defend Atlas two), and let Salem reveal herself. Then find a way to Vacuo, and grab the third artefact. Finally,go back to Beacon, or the spot where Ozma hid the fourth relic and summon the Gods. They will what is happening, and probably kill Salem for good, due to there being a good chance of them seeing her as a lost cause.

Thats probably a better outcome than what it would actually be

Adam's shadow afterimage stuff is rule of cool. So we either ignore it as an artistic style, or we find a good explanation for them in canon. Not optimistic about Dust usage being a good explanation.

The best explanation I can think of is that it is an alternative method for Adam to use his Semblance. When Adam glows with the afterimage shenanigans and attacks normally, the afterimages attacks the same spot (so it is technically one attack), or the afterimages keep following him until he uses his Semblance proper.

Ozpin: Unlocking your Semblance isn't the end. It can still grow and evolve. Providing you're willing to put in the work, who knows what could happen.

I mean, I always thought of it as an extremely refined/practiced verison of him projecting out the energy he takes in.

He uses his semblance quite often in the fight. I don't see why he can't have used it twice in a row, releasing some energy then and some energy again.

Back