• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY vol 7 thread

Ok I know for a fact that there were different names for them before. Isn't Yang's supposed to be called "Wreathed in Flames" or something like that?

WeeklyBattles said:
Manipulating fundamental forces
Mmm....nah. It's like Pain from Naruto. He can attract and repulse but she can also accelerate and decelerate. Wouldn't really call it changing laws of physiques or anything really hax worthy. Just a regular power.

1570205768157-1224996817
So this might upgrade Yangs semblance significantly, an expansion on what her semblance does, every strike she takes gets the energy of the attack doubles and added to Yang's power

You know what I noticed by reading that? She probably doesn't store much energy in general. She takes a hit, she's got the energy and doubles it when she hits next. However she has now lost the energy she had absorbed from the first hit and is back to zero energy until she gets hit again.

She could tank multiple hits and then release the attack all at once against the opponent. Maybe when she uses her semblance all of the stored energy is used up at once?

Exactly, so if she gets hit multiple times she gets multipe times stronger, but if she gets hit once and then immediately hits back its only a 2x amp

Neptune's weapon is named Tri-Hard and Cardin's is The Executioner. Cardin would also get fire manip and explosion manip as his mace has a fire dust crystal embedded in the head capable of releasing flmes and explosions at will

Coco's weapon is Gianduja, Velvet's is Anesidora, and Yatsu's is Fulcrum

Raven's sword is Omen and her semblance is Kindred Link

Vernal's weapon fires concentrated lightning dust

Penny's weapon is Floating Array

Oz's weapon is The Long Memory

Oobleck's is Antiquity's Roast and Ports is Blowhard

Alright, had a feeling based on the name but glad to have confirmation. Also Yang's semblance overpowered that if I remember correctly.

Nico-v11 said:
I know for a fact that "Tri-Hard" is an inside joke about Neptune trying so hard to keep up his "cool" act.
It was actually the name that Sun gave the weapon that Neptune didnt get the joke of until several years later

Ironwood's weapon is Due Process and Leo's weapon is Stalwart

Cinder's weapon is Midnight and her semblance is Scorching Caress which lets hr superheat objects and control their shape

Hazel's semblance is Numbing Agent

Tyrian's weapon is The Queen's Servants

Neo's weapon is Hush and her semblance is Overactive Imagination

Emerald's weapon is Thief's Respite and her semblance is Hallucinations

Mercury's weapon is Talaria

Ilia's weapon is Lightning Lash

Good trailer. Except for the moment where they are bound. I mean, shouldn't they be able to free themselves, because even if their aura is down, they still retain their superhuman strength.

Theraptor99 said:
I mean, shouldn't they be able to free themselves, because even if their aura is down, they still retain their superhuman strength.
Qrow: "I was honestly expecting things to go a lot rougher."

Gets tied up

Qrow: "Huh. Not that rough."

Turns into bird and turns back to escape

----

Also, F in the chat for Vic. Qrow just isn't the same w/out his voice.

I honestly can't hear a difference either. I don't have an ear that can notice the tone change, I know it's different but I'd probably never notice it if I didn't already know he was changed.

WeeklyBattles said:
Any issues with the stuff from the guide?
It just seems to be confirming a lot of the stuff we assumed here to begin with, like how Aura functioned, and how Flynt's semblance works.

I don't see how it gives Weiss any form of dura negation; her manipulating fundamental forces; acceleration, time, gravity, are already parts of her kit that don't let her bypass durability. Same with Glynda, the explaination doesn't really add anything new to what we already know, and hardly qualifies as "hax".

The stuff with Yang seems fine, it just gives a more direct multiplier for her semblance.

So Flynt can be High 8-C with his Semblance since it quadruples his power? While Yang's Semblances can overpower it. So is it safe to say Yang can become 4x stronger (at the most) with her Semblance?

V 1-3 Semblance is 5.6 Tons

V 4-5 = 8 Tons

V 6-7 = 72 Tons

TheRustyOne said:
So is it safe to say Yang can become 4x stronger (at the most) with her Semblance?
No?

Yang never overpowered Flynt when he was using his semblance; he kicked the crap out of both Weiss and her every time he used it. Weiss/Yang won through tripping him up and attacking him when he wasn't using his semblance.

Back