• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Vol 6 Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaune doesn't have a brother, that's his sister.

Count all of them, Jaune states he has seven sister but if you don't count Jaune and the missing tooth kid, you only get six girls. This is clearly a photo of all of his sibilings, so that must be his sister. She's just a tomboy, if I had to guess.

New episode: Silver eyes got a bit more an explanation of what it can do. And a little bit of a nerf it seems.

So, new editions:

I think The Silver Eyes can be roughly considered to be RWBY's version Holy Manipulation. It can smite beings made by the God of Darkness although in-verse they are still on the fence on why it affected Cinder (Personal theory is that since True Magic is another creation of the God of Darkness it is also affected by the Silver Eyes).

So, here's what I'd put on Ruby, Maria, and The God of Light's Profile: "Holy Manipulation with the Silver Eyes (Uses an energy unique to the God of Light, which can blind, paralyze, petrify, and disintegrate creations of the God of Darkness. It is also able to interfere with Cinder's magic for unknown reasons)."

The God of Darkness himself should resist said abilities as he is unaffected by the God of Light's... light.

I'll edit in Maria's semblance on my Sandbox which seems to be a combination of Enhanced Senses and Instinctive Reaction.

In your sandbox you put that Ruby nulled Cinder's magic BUT that's not on Ruby's profile. Btw I don't think it was Cinder having her magic mulled, it was the fact that her arm is Grimm which is particularly weak to Silver Eyes.

Although Ruby was still able to harm Cinder in Volume 3 with Silver Eyes it must affect more than just the Grimm. To who and what exten still remain a mystery (perhaps hurts Maidens specifically as well).

It nulling magic makes sense tbh since True Magic is a creation of the younger brother much like the Grimm.

It was hinted in the latest episode that Cinder may have a deeper connection to Grimm than it seems.

Our, alternatively because the Maidens magic is originally sourced from the God of Darkness then the Silver Eyes respond to them the same way they would to Grimm.

She didn't have the arm in Volume 3, and Salem specifically said that Cinder lost to Ruby because of the Maiden's power. Cinder lost her arm and eye to the Silver Eyes, so it affected her pretty badly.

I don't think we should consider Salem to be an objective source of truth, even if we should rely on her words for now until more information crops up.

So yeah, I'm leaning towards Salem's explanation currently for a few reasons but there's still alternatives IMO.

She still had that grimm thing attached to her in season 3.

Plus, didn't salem just say that the weakness comes with her new powers? She could have very well meant the grimm being attached to her to be the weakness.

Can someone explain to me why RWBY and JNR and Qrow are so upset about Salem being this seemingly unkillable person. And why are they so dead-set to killing her anyway. Why are they so bloodthirsty in this volume compared to previous volume?

Nothing changed in the slighest to me. They joined as huntsmen, to fight against a seemingly endless horde of grimm, and now they have fight this seemingly unstoppable witch. Victory was impossible to begin with, at the very least they now have a concrete enemy to fight so why is everybody acting like they are now. Did I miss something in the previous episodes?

Because to them they have zero possible way to win, it's that simple.

Grimm were never capable of destroying cities. Or wiping out kingdoms, that's the problem, this time around Salem has the tools and resources necessary to make that happen.

Grimm are totally capable of wiping out cities. They destroyed Ren's hometown, and Mountain Glenn.

And without Ozpin founding Huntstmen Academies they probably would have wiped out the Kingdoms eventually.

Even if they cannot kill Salem, that doesn't mean all their efforts are useless. They're still keeping people alive and safe for as long as they fight.

Rens Hometown is a city? Pretty sure at best, it's a small town. Fair enough off Glenn but that's not a kingdom

Yes, but he did found the huntsman academies, so the Grimm couldn't.

I do agree with the latter statement however

I mean, their previous fate was to die forgotten in a ditch somewhere like Summer (though it was never stated if she was killed, potential plot point?), how is this any worse?

But that doesn't explain why are so murder hungry. When have they ever expressed a direct desire to kill someone? Cinder got Penny killed and killed Pyrrha, yet Ruby doesn't seem to want to kill her. Same with Jaune for the latter. Adam cut off Yang's arm and tried to have Blake's parents assassinated, yet Blake doesn't want to kill Adam. I'm pretty sure, excluding (if I remember correctly) when that train exploded back in Volume 2 cause a lot of crazy shit happened on that train just because, RWBY and JNPR haven't killed anyone. The closest they've got is Pyrrha killing Penny and Juane trying to kill Cinder in Volume 5 (don't know for sure if he was trying to kill her, or just take her out). These characters have been against killing for the longest, especially Blake, since she left Adam for being a psychopathic racist (then later just human) murderer. But now, killing Salem is all they can think about.´╗┐

They don't need to kill Salem, but rather seal her or convince her to stop with her actions (doubt that they can accomplish the latter). The key to sealing her might be in all the four relics. And don't get me started on Ozpin, I mean why didn't he asked the relic of knowledge "How do I stop/seal Salem? If not then who can?" If the answer is no to both, then I guess that he would have to wait for someone who could.

Extra: If the relics show powers that could be of use in stopping Salem, the he is a fool.

I mean, isn't that the fate of all huntsmen and huntresses. I kind of thought that to be the fate of anyone when going against an endless hordes of monsters, that they tend to die very early. It kinda explain why we haven't heard of many other huntsmen that aren't teachers and why Roman Torchwich escape captures many times despite being stopped and defeated multiple time by a group of huntsmen in trainings (first-years no less).

KobsterHope07 said:
I mean, isn't that the fate of all huntsmen and huntresses. I kind of thought that to be the fate of anyone when going against an endless hordes of monsters, that they tend to die very early. It kinda explain why we haven't heard of many other huntsmen that aren't teachers and why Roman Torchwich escape captures many times despite being stopped and defeated multiple time by a group of huntsmen in trainings (first-years no less).
All of them? No, some do retire do to age or other reasons (see Taiyang's case).

There are a ton of ways to defeat immortal characters, like sending them to the bottom of the ocean, seal them, BFR them to the realm of the deads, send her to space via a vulcanic eruption, use the silver eyes bloodline to seal her away, wish to omnipotent relic that's separated into pieces to stop her etc.

Yes, they're all references to other medias

Or just as good; kill all her subordinates, tear down her castle and kill as many Grimm as possible.

Salem might be a badass magic-user, but she's not going to be able to take over the world or steal all of the relics if humanity is united against her.

If humanity is united they just summon the gods, they are happy with them not infighting, and... what does happen if the gods are satisfied when judgment comes actually?

Ricsi-viragosi said:
If humanity is united they just summon the gods, they are happy with them not infighting, and... what does happen if the gods are satisfied when judgment comes actually?
Humanity will be "complete" meaning they'll have access to magic once again and the Gods will be around to grant people's wishes. Just because the God of Light didn't grant Salem her wish doesn't mean he didn't grant others' wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back