• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Vol 6 Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, coming back to this thread

Firstly, why is there no 9th episode I'm blocked off from by Roosterteeth's Crunchyroll tactics

Secondly, the Atlas doormen are easily my favorite characters.

Well now I have nothing to watch on Saturday for 2 weeks

RWBY and Alictization are hanging up their coats.

Semblance-stealing is such a cool ability; I wish they used it on a different character.

I'm loving Volume 6 though. It's really cleaning up the mess that was left from Volume 5, or at least tying up loose ends so we can move on with the story proper.

She momentarily stopped being able to acess her powers at Haven, and had trouble using them after the fall of Beacon.

Plus it makes sense that it interferes with true magic considering that was another creation of the Younger Brother.

If you're referring to this, wouldn't Cinder's powers have stopped right away instead of a few seconds later? It just looks to me like she dropped her weapon because she was in pain and it turned back into dust.

It dissipates the moment it starts to visually affect her.

Also Cinder's swords are from her semblance if I'm not mistaken.

Hmm, I'm a bit doubtful on that but I also know it would takes ages for the show to confirm or deny it, so I won't object to it right now.

So, is it generally accepted that the reason why Ruby's Silver Eyes are effective on Cinder alone is because Cinder has that Grimm parasite inside her which is what lets her use the Maiden's power? That Grimm that appeared ages ago when she first fought Amber and started draining half of the Maidens power away.

It would be a neat way to tie back how Ruby's 'Anti-Grimm' eyes are able to hurt Cinder.

That's some of the information that we have to go off now, but I have a feeling we don't have the full details.

We're yet to see any other Maiden be affected by Silver Eyes which would support the position that it is an inherent weakness of the Maiden's powers.

And the fact that Cinder acquired her powers through a Grimm instead of the standard way that Maidens powers are transferred makes me suspicious.

Cool, claiming anything other than Maidens having an explicit weakness to Silver Eyes, something that was stated directly by one of the few people who logically should be fully knowledgeable on the topic, is a massive assumption

I'm not claiming it as a fact, I just think it's one of the more common theories I've seen.

Rarely is everything presented in a straightforward manner ever as simple as it appears. Ruby and Maria were even discussing the other episode about how Cinder was affected. That would have been a good time to bring up the Maiden's weakness from the heroes figuring it out but instead they left it open.

Did we see Raven be affected at all by Ruby's Silver Eye outburst in Haven? (Granted RT were keeping her being a Maiden a secret at that point so they wouldn't want to highlight it.)

A fair point.

I guess we'll have to wait for a rematch with Cinder or for Ruby to fight another Maiden before we get any more details.

While the answer from Salem should be the one considered correct for now, I know that RT love their twists and that parasite Grimm is bound to come up again at some point.

Once again Ruby proves to be an idiot and a failure of a Huntress.

And this storyline with Blake does not excite me at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back