• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Vol 6 Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I hope somehing of worth happens in the next episode, otherwise the Brunchwick estate arc will be an almost complete waste. And no, new grimm fight doesn't count.

Hoho, looks like Ruby found someone to teach her how to use Silver eyes, and they work well against Grimm, and only them. And it looks like Silver eyes need strong emoticons to power them.

This new type grimm seems to emit screams that have mental effects on people, most likely making them feel sleepy, but they are slow as a snail. Furthermore, their screams only seem to be effective in great numbers and in enclosed spaces.

Also, why didn't Weiss just blasted the door? Her superhuman strength should have allowed her to do so.

Because she was weakened by the scream.

Yang easily smashed it open herself.

I'm inclined to say these New Grimm Deserve a profile.

Yes but then Yang easily shattered it without her semblance sp I'm pretty sure Weiss was weakened

Regardless. Not a bad episode albeit a bit choppy

So what tier are these Grimm?

Schnee One said:
Yes but then Yang easily shattered it without her semblance sp I'm pretty sure Weiss was weakened

Regardless. Not a bad episode albeit a bit choppy

So what tier are these Grimm?
Due to their slowness, their other physical stats shouldn't be that great either, with only two things going for them: their screams and numbers.

As for what they are named, granny said their name shortly after 16:41, but I can't understand it well.

Eh, nothing really implied they manipulate sleep or deprive people of sleep, in fact it seems quite the opposite, as Ruby and crew woke up way later than they had planned, and when you hear them enough times, you kind of just drop to the floor.

Being able to do something via screaming doesn't give you sound manipulation. It's just "Willpower Manipulation through screaming".

I might whip up a profile if I can get good images, although they're described as weak as opposed to other Grimm, so I'm not entirely sure where to place them.

They would just have Unknown AP, and however much durability it takes to survive a Crescent Rose bullet.

Why? They shouldn't be any weaker than a Lancer, also I don't think we can scale their dura to Ruby. Though it did seem like that Apathy was going to kill Blake.

But I doubt these things are 8-B, especially when we've been told they're weak.

Didn't we see one of them get shot by Crescent Rose and it didn't die?

And what makes you think they aren't any weaker than a Lancer?

Because Lancers are one of the weakest Grimm in the series. I have a hard time believe they're 8-B, that's way too strong for a supposed grimm that's suppose to be weak.

The Grimm themselves can be physically weak while still being durable (they didn't have any durability anti-feats, did they?)

Also, maybe a single bullet from Crescent Rose isn't 8-B. Does she have any 8-B feats by shooting something?

Volume 6 Ruby is going to be 8-B. Also the Grimm did look like it was going to kill Blake, who has 8-B dura. If you guys think they should be 8-B that's fine, I just disagree.

Damage3245 said:
I don't think their AP should be 8-B.
I think it should be Unknown.
Agreed we don't see them actually do anything other than walk and make everyone collapse, the Lancer is at least 9-B likely 8-C so Unknown Likely 8-C seems fine to me

Their whole gig is making you unable to fight and then killing you.

I don't think we treat stealthkills/killing characters who aren't fighting back as scale-worthy feats. You can also see the crew getting noticeably weaker when they were affected; Blake couldn't even lift her weapon.

So new episode is out and we've got young Maria the Grimm Reaper. Qrow basing his weapon Harbringer off Maria which therefore means Ruby technically based Crescent Rose off Maria as well. Maria stating that some members of Team RWBY (looks at Yang) are already stronger than her. Qrow saying the current generation of huntsmen/huntresses are more powerful than the older generations back when they were their age.

Qrow could have just been bullshitting a little. He was pretending to be a decent teacher / actual leader in that moment.

Well Maria kinda said the same thing so it might not have been all BS. Actually thinking back Maria could be saying that because Yang still had the courage to fight even after losing her arm while she didn't after losing her eyes.

The Apathy should have High 8-C durability seeing as they were undamaged by Crescent Rose's bullets

Also they weren't damaged by normal fire, they were burned by weiss' Fire Dust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back