• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Stat Revision: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kepekley23 said:
It's outright stated by the characters several times that Yang's durability doesn't go up and that hitting her quickly is the way to defeat her. It's definitely how it works.
Dude, that goes against physics as a whole, and is directly contradicted by her actual feats, like when Mercury couldn't move Yang with his kicks anymore and when the Prototype Paladin couldn't move her with its attacks when her semblance activated It increases the power of her punches. Unless her arms are breaking every time she uses her semblance it increases her dura as per Newton's Third Law

WeeklyBattles said:
@Kep No, thats not how it works, her dura goes up as well, otherwise she'd break her arms every time she used her semblance
Not saying you're wrong, since I don't know the situation, but Glass Cannons can exist in fiction.

Kep bring me a quote right now.

NO character in the show has ever stated that Yang doesn't get a Dura increase.

Sorry but I've seen RWBY volume 1-5 dozens of times and that was never stated.

Disprove the fact that the Paladin was unable to move her or how about Mercury unable to move her either?

Assaltwaffle said:
Not saying you're wrong, since I don't know the situation, but Glass Cannons can exist in fiction.
What Kep is arguing goes against physics as a whole, and is directly contradicted by her actual feats, like when Mercury couldn't move Yang with his kicks anymore and when the Prototype Paladin couldn't move her with its attacks when her semblance activated It increases the power of her punches. Unless her arms are breaking every time she uses her semblance it increases her dura as per Newton's Third Law

I will be bringing up a scan or two, but Newton's Third Law is completely irrelevant if the Verse outright states it isn't true

Sorry Shmuck, but a third or a fourth thread will likely come since soon 500 posts will be reached and a new thread will be made. Im neutral about this.

@Kep It doesnt matter if someone in the verse says it isnt true as Yang's feats and basic physics directly contradict it

Kepekley23 said:
I will be bringing up a scan or two, but Newton's Third Law is completely irrelevant if the Verse outright states it isn't true
Feats>Statemens.

Even if what you said is true it doesn't matter since Yang got sent flying by a Paladin and the moment she activated her Semblance she caught it with one hand and ripped it's arm off.

Mercury couldn't budge Yang even with a kick to the face even though he could before she activated her Semblance.

WeeklyBattles said:
Kepekley23 said:
It's outright stated by the characters several times that Yang's durability doesn't go up and that hitting her quickly is the way to defeat her. It's definitely how it works.
Dude, that goes against physics as a whole, and is directly contradicted by her actual feats, like when Mercury couldn't move Yang with his kicks anymore and when the Prototype Paladin couldn't move her with its attacks when her semblance activated
It increases the power of her punches. Unless her arms are breaking every time she uses her semblance it increases her dura as per Newton's Third Law
Eh,That's something you'd have to bring up with RT honestly.

Durability in RWBY is largely based on aura and as far as can be seen semblances in general don't really affect aura.

Are you serious Kep?

Tai is just saying that Yang isn't a walking NLF not that it doesn't increase her dura and as we said before Feats>Statements.

He's simply said that it doesn't make her invincible.

Tai is saying that Yang can take damage, and dish it back twice as hard, but if she faces someone stronger than her, she will be just left weak and tired. It is also stated by WoG that Yang's strength comes from taking damage.

It's just an explanation of how her Semblance works.

The reason why we don't scale Ruby to Cinder is for the same reason she doesn't scale to anyone (except the one who defeated her) in her verse despite fightning several people. Why? Because it has been made clear she's constantly toying with every opponent, and because otherwise the scaling every person she fought to her would lead to HUGE inconsistencies. This exactly the same case (maybe I shouldn't have used this verse as it's currently under revisions, she won't scale to anyone)

EDIT: OK, I've written this a little bit too late

Nico-v11 said:
@Damage

Not assuming a blast like any other blast that Cinder has done is pretty faulty reasoning and just adjusting to what you want. Cinder didn't even know it was Ruby on the other side so she would definitely have sent her strongest blast.
Because every single attack Cinder ever does is 7-B? Why does not knowing Ruby is on the other side means she would have sent her strongest blast? There is no basis for assuming her attack is 7-B.

Please tell me how the Paladin fight disproves my point. It literally proves it, since it is further reinforced that she uses the damage she takes from hits to fight back.

You guys are probably misundertanding what I said, actually.

You said her durability doesn't increase when she uses her Semblance and we're proving why it does increase when she uses her Semblance.

If her Semblance didn't increase her Dura she would have been elimated during the Tournament against Mercury who purposly dropped her aura to 16 percent.

If you drop to 15 percent Aura you lose.

Kepekley23 said:
Please tell me how the Paladin fight disproves my point. It literally proves it, since it is further reinforced that she uses the damage she takes from hits to fight back.
You guys are probably misundertanding what I said, actually.
Because without her semblance she took a ton of damage from its attacks, which activated her semblance and made her strong enough and durable enough to not only tank its punch without budging an inch, but destroy it with punches without breaking her own arms in the process

The Paladin fight actually proves it. Yang takes such a hard hit she stands up and blocks the Paladin's punch with her Semblance, before taking it out alongside Blake.

She didn't tank the hit. She blocked it.

Nothing in the Mercury fight goes against what I said. Yang has her arm up in the place Mercury kicked her, which is why she isn't fazed by the hit.

Sorry if I'm coming off as rude, I just can't believe that Yang Dura isn't increase when we've seen her become more Durable when she activates her Semblance.

As shown with the Paladin and Mercury.

Yes she did tank the hit, the Paladin literally sent her flying before and she stopped it's hit with just one hand.

Blocking doesn't magically make the force of a attack disappear.

Yes, the Paladin fight proves her durability goes up when her semblance activates

She wouldnt have been able to block the Paladin or Mercury' hits without her semblance as shown when she was getting stomped by both of them without it. Blocking doesnt mean she's not durable enough to take the hit

Stopping a hit is via strength, you're halting its Kinetic Energy.

Blocking helps A LOT against attacks. If someone far stronger than you hits you, blocking a hit will disperse most of its KE

If I sent someone flying through a pillar with a punch then it doesn't matter if they block it they are still going to be sent flying.

You aren't making it's power vanish by blocking your making sure your vital areas won't be hit. Rather be punched in the arm rather then getting punched in the liver.

No, if youre blocking an attack with literally your hands like Yang is doing youre still taking the brunt of the KE, its basic physics

Kepekley23 said:
Incorrect. If you block a hit you're halting Kinetic Energy.
Yeah. Except ya also tanking the energy accumalted till or at least almost till the punch stopped obviously.

Block a punch from a proboxer and tell me if ya took any damage just because ya halted the punch or if ya broke ya arms trying man.

Once again, that's incorrect. When you rush your hands while the object is in motion, you're putting an opposing force against the Kinetic Energy, which makes it far easier to halt. This can be done even when you're weaker than the KE you're trying to halt, Yang is considerably stronger.

@Kep Except Yang didnt rush her hands, she literally just stood there and caught the mech's punch. And again, if her AP were higher than her durability then rushing her hands to exert enough force to stop the mech's punch would have broke her arms in the process

Problem with your argument Kepekley.

Yang's arm would break from that force, Yang got sent flying and smashed through a pillar.

Just watch My Hero Academia, Izuku never tries to block a attack with One For All 100 percent since that isn't going to help him.

If Yang's Dura didn't increase she would be just like Izuku.

No.

Yang is twice as strong as the Mech, so when she put up her hand against it, she overpowered its Kinetic Energy.

Once again, you're putting too much stock in Newton's Third Law. RWBY has outright stated Yang's semblance works by her absorbing the damage she takes and dishing it out far harder. It blatantly ignores it.

Nico just ignore the fireball argument, merc vs amber is still valid since no one debunked as well as Pyrrha vs cinder, Tyrian vs ranjer. Or hazel vs Ren. None of the those were debunked, fireball was a bad example but the rest were valid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back