• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Stat Revision: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Kep Yes

If she werent durable enough to survive the KE of her own punches she wouldnt have been able to overpower its KE

Youre just flat out ignoring Newton's Third Law and nothing in RWBY states that her durability doent go up when her semblance activates

Newton's Third Law doesn't mean anything in a verse that goes against it. It is outright stated by several sources that Yang takes damage and uses that damage, amplifies it and hits with that much force. It was also stated that a foe stronger than she is would defeat her with ease, because her durability doesn't increase.

So wait,

If Yangs durability increases as much as her attack does, does that not create a no limits rule, since the Durability and attack increase is constant. Which is not the case. This isnt death battle.

Did Yang try to block the punch without her semblance beforehand? Cause I forget.

Just something to think about, Yangs semblance has only ever been stated to say it increases attack, and its her aura that fuels her semblance, so thats probably taking the bigger toll rather than her body, which is why shes not like Deku

@Kep And nowhere does it ever say her durability doesnt go up, not once is that ever said. Newton's Third Law doesnt in any way go against it when even in the show its demonstrated to work in this way. And yeah, no shit a stronger foe would beat her, her semblance has a limit and if you can oneshot her you bypass her semblance entirely.

Just curious why is assuming that a character that is 7-B would not bother with a tier 8-A/C attack wrong? It's more logical for Cinder to have sent a 7-B, much likelier.

@Jinx No, it doesnt as her semblance has a limit and has demonstated that stronger opponents can bypass it entirely.

Yes, she did

Nope, the Vytal Tournament directly contradicts the idea that her Aura is being damaged by her semblance

Kep ya posted one quote which not working for me. Ya claim outright but ya posted vague and outright not explicitly a quote of which most definitely not doing any contradicting. Post a explicitly obvious quote kep.

Problem with that is that Mercury dropped her Aura to 16 percent during the tournament with his finale attack.

If Yang's Semblance depleted her Aura she would have lost the fight.

Also no it's not a NLF because their is only so much punishment she can take. If someone like Goku hits her she's dead no matter what.

Your logic is the same thing as me saying the AOE Fallacy doesn't exist because Conservation of Energy would spread the energy across the field, making it do that much damage. No.

The same thing as me saying Amitabha can't possibly exist because gravity dictates he would collapse into a black hole.

It is outright stated that: "Yang uses the damage she takes, and amplifies it by two. But someone stronger than her can easily defeat her Semblance. It is also stated by WoG that her Semblance doesn't make her stronger unless she takes damage". This literally only makes sense if her durability doesn't go up.

Stop using the law of action and reaction to counter a Verse's statements. If the Verse outright states it doesn't matter, it doesn't matter.

@Kep The burden of proof is on you to prove her durability doesnt go up when not only is it never stated that her durability doesnt go up, but there are feats that directly contradict that claim

Here is the proof:

It is outright stated that: "Yang uses the damage she takes, and amplifies it by two. But someone stronger than her can easily defeat her Semblance. It is also stated by WoG that her Semblance doesn't make her stronger unless she takes damage". This literally only makes sense if her durability doesn't go up.

Here are the feats being countered:

• She blocked Mercury's hit; we can see she moving her arm to the place where his leg meets it
  • She blocked the Paladin's hit as it went down.

Kep your just using headcanon at this point. Nothing proves that her Dura doesn't increase and it's never once stated that her Dura doesn't increase.

No duh that Yang loses to someone stronger then her. Yes her Semblance works by taking damage but that doesn't equal her Dura not increasing, I don't understand your logic.

(Sorry if that's rude)

But let's apply the downgrades and make another thread to discuss this alright?

WeeklyBattles said:
@Jinx No, it doesnt as her semblance has a limit and has demonstated that stronger opponents can bypass it entirely.
Yes, she did

Nope, the Vytal Tournament directly contradicts the idea that her Aura is being damaged by her semblance
Exactly, its a conundrum, as long as yang doesnt suffer too big of a hit, her durability will keep rising, to the point it can be stated as no limits

And ik aura doesnt get damaged by semblance, im not saying that, im saying that aura can probably take the toll of a increased punch better than her actual body. Otherwise the sheer attack power of her aura would instantly kill her since her, idk, wall level body without aura, cant take what it dishes out.

@Kep Yes, her without her semblance takes damage, which activates her semblance, increasing her striking power and in turn her durability. How about you show some actual proof instead of using headcanon?

I'd say Yang's semblance does increase her durability, but simply has less stamina. We either scale her durability to her increase striking strength or Yang possesses some sort of physics manipulation hax on the Flash's level. The former sounds better though.

When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us. - Alexander Graham Bell

Whoops, quoted this

Yang did not try to block the attacks of the mech on guard without her semblance at all, I just checked, so yeah, its iffy, unless you want to timestamp it for me?

I think you guys were misunderstanding what I said all this time. I meant that Yang's Semblance's base is 8-C+ and increases as she takes damage, but that she still feels the power behind the hits she takes.

@Weekly Quoting a random quote doesn't help with the argument lol.

@Kep I suppose that makes sense.

I mean, given your constant change of opinion between agreeing with me or Weekly, I just decided to not count it

EliminatorVenom said:
Yup, blocking helps a lot in reducing damage.
I've blocked while receiving rather minimal damage blows that could otherwise K.O. me.
Can we not talk about this here?

Kepekley23 said:
I mean, given your constant change of opinion between agreeing with me or Weekly, I just decided to not count it
>Kudos his posts or posts supporting him sometimes

> Said I agreed in both threads

Wutface?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back