• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY speed upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaltias

VS Battles
Retired
So, I made this calc. The result is Mach 2500+, so it would upgrade more or less everyone to MHS+.

It also scales to travel speed, given that Sun had to move quite a bit in order to intercept it.

Based on the fact that the best none of the god tiers such as Qrow have shown feats anywhere near MHS+ and this is being performed by Sun. The gap between Hypersonic + and massively hypersonic compared to Massively Hypersonic+ ( Mach 2500 ) is a pretty big jump. So this seems outlierish to me.

I mean, Qrow (ot any other top tier) doesn't have MHS feats either.

And given that there already 3 feats in the triple digits mach speed (here and here) it wouldn't be an outlier.

It would just be a case where the higher tiers scale from someone weaker than them.

Yeah but there's also the fact that Mercury who should be superior to Sun had a mach 352 feat at best. And here Sun is performing a feat much faster than anything Mercury as ever done. Also while it's still triple digits it's still much faster than anything we've seen in RWBY this far. Just seems off to me.

And that's what scaling is used for. Does Mercury have 8-A feats? No, he doesn't. But he scales from Ruby who overpowered a Nevermore. Same thing here, just that people would scale from Sun

The points Kaltias puts forward make sense to me. Now if more staff members familiar with this verse and a couple of calc group members agree to this, I suppose the upgrades can be implemented.

@Kaltias

If/After the calc group members approve your calc, then you can go ahead and highlight this thread as this is a major revision that sales to pretty much everyone.

It was already approved by Darkanine and ArbitraryNumbers, actually. Dark said that the math was fine and AN's only issue was if the speed of lightning was justified, which it is due to the new rules about lightning dodging feats.

I'll go ahead and highlight this then.

Is AP now what is checked for a lightning bolt's speed? What of it actually exhibiting properties of a lightning bolt like we used to?

I have to ask, what properties of real lightning does the dragon's lightning breath show?

There's no explanation for it acting like real lightning in the blog.

Pretty sure that what was agreed here is that the AP is enough. The lightning also electrify the ship for a bit after being dispersed

Ant's link says it has to satisfy requirements to be determined as real lightning first, and only then does its AP factor in the speed it moves at.

That said, I'm not knowledgeable on lightning and electricity to say whatever about how the lightning should interact with wood. It should leave scorch marks that look like a black lightning bolt, but then again, it could just be a case of indestructible surroundings in fiction.

@Gemmy It visibly electrocuted Sun when he touched it, conducted through the ship when it was dispersed as Kal pointed out, and has the AP to be considered a comparable speed, it should qualify

Aside from senior Huntsmans, who else is gonna get scaled to this calc? Because I can't see people like Jaune is comparable to people like Sun.

Volume 4 Jaune is definitely comparable to Sun since he fought the Nuckelavee alongside Ruby, Ren and Nora who scale. Volume 1-3, maybe not, although he wasn't that much slower than the others

Just re-watch the fight, and yes, you have point there. Although perhaps we should add different key for pre volume 4. How long the timeskip since the fall of Beacon anyway?

Also, with a few exception, I don't think we should scale this calc with the cast who hasn't made an appearance in volume 4, like Team CFVY for example.

I'm getting sick of the "higher feat than the rest so it's an outlier" nonsense.

I agree with the upgrade.

Well, since two calc group members and three admins have accepted this, I think that the changes can probably be applied.

Scaling to people in the older volumes is acceptable I think. After all, we have Pyrrha being more or less comparable to full power Cinder (speed wise) who scales from the calc. While Pyrrha is above a lot of people, she isn't hilariously faster than them.

Kaltias said:
Scaling to people in the older volumes is acceptable I think. After all, we have Pyrrha being more or less comparable to full power Cinder (speed wise) who scales from the calc. While Pyrrha is above a lot of people, she isn't hilariously faster than them.
Pyrrha was not comparable to Full Power Cinder in anyway. Cinder just fought Ozpin so how is she full power and she barely used her Maiden Powers againsts her. It's as Ozpin said to Pyrrha when she tried to help she would just get in the way. Cinder was toying with Pyrrha nothing more.

However when it comes to scaling to people in older volumes I'm alright with it, besides how much faster and stronger could Sun get while following Blake?

@Homu Team CFVY are second year students at Beacon, technically they should be somewhat superior to Sun

@Poinciana

Speed wise, she was. She dodged her attacks and landed a few hits on her. Equal, no. But Cinder wasn't blitzing her

Kaltias said:
Volume 4 Jaune is definitely comparable to Sun since he fought the Nuckelavee alongside Ruby, Ren and Nora who scale. Volume 1-3, maybe not, although he wasn't that much slower than the others
I agree. And in the latest episode, Ozpin even notes the impressive improvements Jaune has made. I believe he should scale to other huntsmen/huntresses of the same age bracket.

So Jaune and Team CRDL staying at "Hypersonic+ with Massively Hypersonic reactions" with everyone else but Zwei being simply MHS+ is ok?

I'm not sure about how I should word Jaune's speed justification tho. Considering that the Hypersonic+ comes from Yang while the MHS comes from Emerald and both of them will be MHS+

Kaltias said:
I'm not sure about how I should word Jaune's speed justification tho. Considering that the Hypersonic+ comes from Yang while the MHS comes from Emerald and both of them will be MHS+
What's the exact confusing part? I'll see if I can sort it out.

That for now it's just (Comparable to team RWBY) but team RWBY is going to be MHS+, while Jaune stays at Hypersonic+ with MHS reactions, mostly. So idk how to word the new justification

Maybe Jaune just gets MHS+ reactions?

Though tbh I'm pretty sure the Hypersonic+ feat is combat speed anyway (It was, IIRC, one of the Malachite sisters kicking away a bullet from Yang's Ember Celica), so everyone just all-around being MHS+ is probably the better option.

So simply MHS+ everyone (well excluding Zwei)?

Seems good for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back