• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Scaling

There's also this from Salem.

"Cinder gaining the Maiden's powers also gave her a crippling weakness"-Salem vol4 ep1

It might have been brute Force.

How does that at all indicate SE is AP? All she says is that Cinder gaining Maiden's powers gives her a weakness to SE. Someone being weak towards SE does not prove that SE is brute force.

Didn't mean that. I meant that it might have been exclusive to maidens but in itself might have been 8A

She froze the Grimm, which is what are supposedly weak to SE, and Cinder, who was also weak to SE?

I still don't see how any of that proves SE is an AP attack. Yes the SE weakness is exclusive to Maidens and Grimm. Yes she froze Grimm and damaged Cinder who are weak towards it. How do these things equate to SE being brute force?

From what little we've seen of the and been told about the attack, it seems more like freezing/petrification hax to me. I don't think Ruby should be rated Low 7-C for it. At least not for now.

Actually we have no idea if Ruby's SE turn the dragon to stone or it's just a ability it has. Considering Cinder wasn't shown as stone it might just be the Dragon.

But I agree that Ruby's SE shouldn't be Low 7-C.

What are you talking about, I never said the dragon wasn't turn to stone. Gargoyle read my comment carefully this time.

I said we don't know if Ruby turn it to stone or the dragon turn itself into stone.

Poinciana1971 said:
What are you talking about, I never said the dragon wasn't turn to stone. Gargoyle read my comment carefully this time.

I said we don't know if Ruby turn it to stone or the dragon turn itself into stone.
Take your own advice, I never said it turned into stone.....

Thebluedash said:
Qrow said Ruby froze it at the end of Volume 3.
No it was stated that Ruby did a number on it but it wasn't dead that it was just frozen.

Also it was Taiyang who said that not Qrow.

That isn't a real reason to downgrade it because they are "at least 8-A". But the Low 7-C comes from scaling to experienced huntsmen which we rated as Low 7-C scaling from the Grimm Dragon, so the downgrade is fine by me

So, to summarize we are downgrading every Low 7-C who isn't the Grimm Dragon to "at least 8-A, possibly higher" (because they scale from Cinder) removing Ruby's tier with the Silver Eyes (because it isn't AP) and downgrading Base Cinder and Glynda to "at least 8-A".

Question, what should we do with Oobleck? I doubt that he should be stronger than Glynda, so should he become only "at least 8-A"?

Also I think that the Nuckelavee could have the "possibly higher" too (scaled to team RNJR if accepted". iirc an episode of WoR said that the small villages usually have at least a huntsman/huntress protecting them

Honestly all the teachers should be downgraded, there's no proof there's as strong as other teachers just for simply working at the same place as them.

The rest sounds fine I suppose.

@Blue Don't the teachers at least scale to regular hunters like Jaune and such?

I agree they should get downgraded from Small Town. But I think they deserve 8-A via scaling to regular hunters like Jaune. What do you think?

• When Ruby's Silver Eyes activated and froze the Grimm Dragon/injured Cinder Fall, nothing that was surrounding Ruby and the other characters were damaged in any significant way.
  • If Silver Eyes was truly a destruction feat, the surroundings would have been completely busted as well as collapsing the entire building that they were standing on.
Since nothing surrounding Ruby was actually destroyed (while managing to significantly harm Cinder Fall/Grimm), I am leaning towards the opinion that this is a hax-related feat, mostly targeted towards Grimm.

Thus the downgrade from Low 7-C to 8-A would apply here.

• Cinder Fall and those who scale would be written as "At least 8-A" (Tyrian, Qrow, Academy Teachers, etc)
  • Grimm Dragon retains his current rating because he actually displayed a feat where he busts a top of an actual mountain.

I agree with the downgrade to 8-A.

... Man didn't expect this when I made this thread kinda funny really. XD

Well a counter argument to the, nothing else around her was destroyed, is that it probably only affects living things. Which would still be ap.

Salem is "Unknow. At least Low 7-C, likely higher".

Should i just replace the Low 7-C with 8-A?

Edit: Done it. If someone thinks that it's wrong, feel free to revert it

I wouldn't think that Salem would be weaker than the Grimm Dragon. But I suppose if there's a lack of evidence they scale then to just make it 8-A.

I think that she should scale, also due to her superiority when compared to other people who are>>>>other 8-A

That seems fine to me. I'd like to know what Blue and Ever think as well though.

I changed Salem to "Unknown. At least Low 7-C"

The "At least Low 7-C" part comes from her being possibly stronger than the Grimm Dragon, correct?

However, we are not explicitly shown how strong she is (as we have never actually seen Salem fight at any point throughout the series).

Wouldn't just Unknow be better?

Scaling to the Grimm Dragon, and her being far superior to numerous other high end 8-A characters. I think Low 7-C is fine for her, as do Blue and Kaltias.

To put it into perspective, we have Salem being>> an entire group of people who are comparable to Cinder, who defeated Ozpin and absolutely stomped Pyrrha, who is the strongest first year student, which in turn should make her far stronger than how Ruby was when she joined Beacon and killed a Nevermore which iirc is 140 tons. Saying that Salem reaches the kilotons range doesn't seem too much of a stretch imo

Back