• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alakabamm

VS Battles
Retired
So while looking at the RWBY profiles I realized a lot of stats are somewhat unjustified or mis-scaled.

So let's do this on an individual basis (I will not be discussing Grimm Dragon stuff, as that is perfectly fine)

First. the MCB calc we use is actually City Block+ (98 tons). It was done by a season one Weiss so it scales to everyone except the absolute low tiers, including: Jaune, Cardin and his team, lower level Grimm (Beowolves, Ursa and that one hog thing) and Zwei.

However, there is an MCB calc done by MAPSK...the only problem here is that this is physical force and no characters have exactly been shown stopping Grimm with pure strength like this.

However, I think it is fair to scale it to someone like Yang who is a pure physical fighter, and thus to anyone that scales to her (so Pyrrha, Mercury, maybe Emerald, Qrow, Winter, Ozpin, Cinder (pre-Maiden), Glynda, maybe Neo).

As for speed, MHS speed comes from this calc and we currently apply it to a lot of characters...I think we need to consider more that it came from Emerald and Mercury, relatively high tier characters. I personally think it scales to anyone but Jaune, most of Cardin's team (maybe not Russel who scored a hit on Pyrrha?), any grimm really and Zwei

Hypersonic+ should obviously scale to all characters but Zwei and lower tier Grimm

Now, that leaves up with a couple gaps: one, what is the speed for grimm below ancient level (aka beowolves and regular Ursa) and two, what is the AP/durability for the lower tiers (Jaune, Cardin and his team, Zwei, lower level Grimm)?

Jaune is a special case in durability (took on Cinder, so MCB) and Cardin may be a special case in AP (broke past Jaune's defense, so maybe city block+) but the others are harder.

However, MAPSK's KE calc given above for MCB Yang also gives a Grimm speed of Mach 1.77, so that is usuable for Zwei + lower level grimm I think

Jaune + Cardin's team can also probably be scaled to Ruby's building level strength feats since they should be at least as strong as her pure strength, probably...

That still doesn't give us a good level for the Grimm

So, to summarize:

Hypersonic+ with MHS reactions and MCB for the high tiers (Neo/Emerald may be an exception)

Hypersonic+ with MHS reactions and CB+ for the mid tiers (includes Taijutsu, Scorpion, and Nevermore)

Hypersonic+ and Building level for the lower tiers (Jaune/Cardin are exceptions) (includes Alpha Ursa)

Supersonic and "unknown" for the lower level Grimm and Zwei

I saw a bit of this in the chat as well (though i couldn't comment due to working stuff here and at FC/OC), but given the specifics and details made out here, i agree with these changes.

Also, on second through, maybe Zwei can get building level from Ruby as well...who knows

Seeing the calc about Grimm dragon's strength ,the calcer uses the same method that GM used in the WhiteBeard calc so the reasonable question arises: is the feat a real earthquake or a tremor caused by external forces on the surface?

LordKill90908 said:
One question: Didn't the Nevermore perform the MCB feat?
If so, why is it being downgraded to CB+ based on Weiss' feat?
Yea, it would be, oops

So, would it's durability also scale to it's ap based on the fact that it should logically be capable of tanking it's own ke as they can ram into objects while moving at speeds which we have no logical reason to believe is less than for the calculation.

If so, then characters that could harm the Nevermore (ie. Coco and anyone who scales to her) should recieve scaling.

In addition, the Griffons and Stalkers should scale as a Griffon could tank Coco's bullets and the Stalkers could shatter Weiss' ice while the Nevermore can't.

As Ruby could kill a Griffon in the next episode, she too should recieve scaling.

Coco might get scaling, yes.

Griffons scale but the Deathstalker doesn't because Weiss doesn't get scaling and breaking ice is not very energetic. Also, the Deathstalker was trapped for a time.

I guess current Ruby might get scaling but I am iffy about it because the ship played a part in why it died.

Now, with Weiss's feat on freezing the Nevermore's tail, there are a couple things missing with regards to that calc.

First, assuming 50% hollowness in original calc...

• Ice trap diameter (upper): 32.82m (16.41m radius)
  • Ice trap diameter (lower): 24.778m (12.39m radius)
  • Ice trap height: 6.0973m
http://keisan.casio.com/has10/SpecExec.cgi?id=system/2006/1223372110 (using this calculator)

Volume of truncated cone = 3,995 * (1/2) = ~2000m^3

• Density of frozen nitrogen: 1026.5 kg/m^3
  • Mass of ice trap: 2053000 kg
  • Specific heat of nitrogen: 1040 j/kg
  • Freezing point of nitrogen: -210 C
  • Melting point of nitrogen: -196 C
  • Temperature (outdoors): 20+ C (It was summer when they fought that Nevermore considering that fall and winter came along at the end of season 3)
Now for the latent heat required to freeze that much nitrogen. The latent heat of nitrogen is listed here: http://www.splung.com/content/sid/6/page/latentheat (important!)

• Q1 = MC(Delta T) = (2053000 kg)(1040j/kg)(-196-(-210)) = 2.99e10 joules
  • Fusion energy nitrogen = (Mass of nitrogen)(Latent heat fusion) = (2053000 kg)(25000j/kg) = 5.133e10 joules
  • Q2 = (2053000 kg)(1040j/kg)(20-(-196)) = 4.612e11 joules
  • Vaporization energy nitrogen = (2053000 kg)(199000j/kg) = 4.085e11 joules
  • Q1 + Fusion + Q2 + Vaporization
Add the four values listed above to get a value of about 9.51e11 joules, or about 227.3 Tons of TNT. ovo

Edit: Alakabamm's points added to calc. Also, blue needs to see this.

WOW

That is wrong, you plugged in diameter for the radius.

Outside of that, I guess latent heat is fine if MAPSK didn't actually do it

Going off MAPSK's calc for mass, the fusion + vaporization adds about 110 tons of TNT so it shoots it comfortably into MCB

We still need to edit the lower tiers and the MAPSK physical thing needs to be linked somewhere, so I will get a new suggestion for tierings in a second.

Crazy, will you formalize the edit in a blog or should I?

I edited the calc btw. I'll formalize the edit in a blog or something.

Now, about that damn nevermore calc. The scaling for the warships using Ruby being 3px is extremely weird; I might do a re-calc or something.

Also, the size of those Nevermore being 80m+ seems off seeing that the Nevermore might be closer to the screen compared to the Atlean Battleship or something (Nevermore being around 37m via calc makes more sense compared to scaling it from the ship).

IDK about that, ship length was debated and even Chaos agreed that 3 pixels was fine.

It's a lot better than 1 pixel for sure

Also, Grimm are all variable size, 80m is perfectly fine.

Please edit Weiss page with the MCB feat when you get the chance to make the blog, Crazy.

But here are the new tierings with that in mind:

Cardin: Hypersonic+ with MCB level attack and Building level durability

Jaune: Hypersonic+ with Building level attack and MCB level durability

Cardin's team: Hypersonic+ with Building level attack and durability

Taijutsu, Deathstalker, Elder Nevermore, Elder Griffon: Hypersonic+ with MCB level attack/durability

Alpha Ursa: Hypersonic+ with at least Building level attack and durability

Other Grimm Below/Zwei: Supersonic with Building level attack and durability

Maybe Zwei can get unknown attack...

I was wondering why Cardin has Building level durability when he took attacks from Pyrrha? Perhaps Cardin should be scaled to the rest of his team members imo.

Shouldn't Cardin have MCB durbs with Building level Attack Potency? He didn't hurt Pyrrha at all during their fight, but he did tank her attacks at some parts.

Alakabamm said:
He hurt Jaune though and Jaune took Cinder + BRNZ on
The attacks were pretty casual wasn't it? Plus, Jaune's shield probably absorbed most of the damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back