• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rwby maiden powers range and ‘forcefield’

Currently all maiden powers have multiple kilometers of range with zero explanation. Even if it does have one (which I believe the wind and electricity do) it isn’t on the profile and I don’t see why literally every maiden power would scale. The maiden powers work quite a bit differently from each other. Though for justification it should be stated that Amber controlled a cloud and fired lightning from it.

For the other powers: the wind power controls wind that is already there, the lightning one can control lightning that already exist. The fire and ice never show to work like that both are forcefully summoned so I don’t see why they would scale to the wind and electricity. So instead of maiden powers being a generic multiple kilometers they should vary from whatever ranges they have shown (like Cinder’s ice trail thing that freezes people went a few feet and Raven did the freeze point from also a few feet while the ice shards and fire as projectiles definitely has never traveled over a kilometer).

Now onto the ‘forcefield’. Not all maidens would lose this power, Winter actually has an ice shield, but all the others would. They currently get it from the scene when Raven and Winter surrounded themselves with ice and fire. Nowhere in the scene is this stated to be a shield, we never see them block an attack, and they both dispersed up actual being hit by Raven and Cinder. So even being as generous as possibly and assuming this is for some reason a shield. It’s shield that backscales from the users, I.E practically pointless. Though I don’t even see why it would be a shield versus just being aura (this site’s power called aura, not Rwby’s version).

Last edited:
"Currently all maiden powers have multiple kilometers of range with zero explanation. Even if it does have one (which I believe the wind and electricity do) it isn’t on the profile"

Range doesnt normally have explanations on profiles but it comes from them being able to create kilometers-wide storms and summon cloud to ground lightning, as well as thing like Cinder and Raven being able to shake the Haven Academy campus with their clash among other things. It should probably be 'hundreds of meters to kilometers with maiden powers' but they do in fact have kilometers range with some of their abilities.

"and I don’t see why literally every maiden power would scale."

It would scale as all three of the current maidens have shown the ability to do so

"For the other powers:"

All of their magic come from the same source and all are shown to be used as ranged attacks, theres no reason to assume that they have massively different ranges just because theyre different elements.

"Now onto the ‘forcefield’.""

Why does it have to be specifically stated to be a forcefield for it to be a forcefield? It is in fact shown to block attacks as you flat out see the two barriers blocking the elemental magic coming from each other and clashing against each other in the fight (1:15).

Plus Cinder was shown to have an anti-personal forcefield (4:38), as was Amber (2:28)

"and they both dispersed up actual being hit by Raven and Cinder."

They... weren't though? You literally see them draw it back into themselves, they dont get dispersed at any point

8898f52b15fd0a75e87cc8c7b2234a3f.gif

Me when I see A RWBY CRT

“It would scale as all three of the current maidens have shown the ability to do so”

You read that wrong. I said why do the other maiden powers scale. Not the maidens themselves.

Also I knew where the range came from I just meant it had zero explanation nor justification on the profiles.

Are we watching the same scene with the Raven fight. Cinder’s fire and Raven’s ice are very clearly clipping through each other constantly, they are both parrying with their swords, the aura isn’t doing anything at all.

And while I did misremember how the aura (fire and ice things) disappeared, the swords they turned into still shattered on impact. So the ‘forcefield’ still backscales for practically the same reason (ignoring that it has no evidence of being a shield). For the rest let me check, but I’m busy so sorry for the inconvenience when it comes to splitting this post up.

Last edited:
For the Ruby thing that is not a forcefield. The bullets are very clearly hitting her hand. She’s low 7-C at least, Ruby is high 8-C at best. Plus aura (the Rwby thing) is a power she has. She doesn’t lose every forcefield, the thing in the op is referring only to the fire aura.

For Amber’s shield, again 8-Cs vs a 7-C and aura is still a thing. Ren showed aura can be projected out a bit from the user so there isn’t any reason to assume it is a completely unrelated forcefield.

“All of their magic come from the same source”

That doesn’t mean anything once so ever. They are all vastly different attacks with different methods. All magic in every fantasy game ever has different ranges despite all of them coming from the same source. The maidens have never gotten anywhere close to shooting their fire and ice as far as they have manipulated wind. Plus their insta freeze attacks were always preformed practically right next to the opponent. We have no evidence to say they can shoot those specific elements or attacks further than what is shown.

Last edited:
Sorry for the very late bump. My schedule is super inconsistent right now due to school. I actually have stuff to do tomorrow but I don’t want this thread to be forgotten.

Back