• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY: 8-A and MHS Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
To those agreeing with the downgrades, it would be preferable if you said, "Kep and Matt FRA."

Similarly, those against the downgrades should say, "Weekly FRA."

To summarize:

Reasoning for downgrades: 8-A is an outlier as there are too many 8-C feats and there are too many lower feats for MHS to be legitimate

Reasoning against downgrades: There are enough casual 8-C+/High 8-C/8-B feats to justify the near baseline 8-A feat as being legitimate, and lower feats do not invalidate the MHS feat.

Jobbo said:
To those agreeing with the downgrades, it would be preferable if you said, "Kep and Matt FRA."
Similarly, those against the downgrades should say, "Weekly FRA."
Yes, I meant that I agreed with Kep.

You realize this is just an joke,right?

You can never know with weekly after all he was ready to agree to something similar to get 2-C Bayonetta

Weiss Ice feat should be recalced as 50% hollowness does not sufficiently account for the hollow space in the ice being created (also using nytrogen specifically is maybe not entirely justified) The formerly MCB Nevermore feat also needs to be recalced with a proper size. Also aparently there's a low grade lightning timing feat in Volume 5 where the lightning is dodged but there's still some movement relative to it. Should maybe be looked into.

So, I missed the party.

Anyway I am neutral on the 8-A thing.

But for the speed I agree, I always found the fact that the lightning of the dragon was treated as real lightining as weird.

As for the MHS feat I am neutral but leaning on agrreing with Kep.

I agree with the OP when it comes to the AP stuff.

Neutral on the speed stuff.

Also, given that this was debated above, Pyrrha definitely scales from Penny's 8-B feat for the simple fact that she killed her.

It don't think that it scales to anyone else (Except people who scale from tier 7 stuff so it's moot) though.

It doesn't scale to team CRDL because she definitely wasn't as serious as she was when she fought Penny, given that they survived while Penny died.

I mean it's higher than literally everything else excluding stuff that scales to the tier 7 people

Apparently I turn dyslexic whenever I look at Kal's name. It's only now that I've realized it's Kaltias and not Kaitlas.

Kaltias said:
I mean it's higher than literally everything else excluding stuff that scales to the tier 7 people
And? How does that make it an outlier when everything else is casual?

Because they aren't casual all the time?

They also go all out, a tons of times, and they don't perform 8-A feats.

Kep's argument seems to be because it was casual. If she was half dead from exhaustion, I suppose he'd accept it.

I'm with Kep on this.

RWBY is a verse where the majority is tier 9, with some exceptional feats in tier 8-C to 8-B and one 8-A feat, excluding top tiers. It makes sense that Kep is sKeptical of the oddball feat, especially if succeeding feats aren't on that level.

I'm neutral on the whole MHS thing because I only watched until Beacon fell and the only feat on that level is Merc and Em dodging lightning.

Bringing up 'but other verses though' means that we have plenty to review, not the other way around.

Lastly, this thread is retardedly long, partly because of actual back and forth debating, and partly because of double posting, pointless quoting, posts that do not contribute at all, and 'but other verses though' comments. Don't be the latter parts.

Pyrrha is not 8-B, if she is 8-B then the cast has to scale.

She ran from a Deathstalker and needed help to defeat it. (Heck it even tossed her at one point)

Mercury fought her and was even able to disarm her pretty easily.

Pyrrha doesn't necessarily have to have a higher rating than the rest of the students because she's top dog in their group and because she beat team Cardin by herself.

It just means she's more skilled and that magnetism can be considered 'haxxed af' in a verse full of people who rely on metallic weapons.

Sigh...so AP is going down for sure then...

Though i agree with what Poinciana said, if Pyrrha scales to Penny's 8-B feat then the rest of the cast would scale in turn

There's also the feat of her and the two teams fighting the Merged Taijitu in the manga and both Nora and Yang did more damage to it than Pyrrha did

There's also nothing stated anywhere in the show that Pyrrha is STRONGER than everyone else, just that she's more SKILLED

Why would Pyrrha scale to Penny's 8-B feat? That feat was an energy beam that was projected from in front of her. When Pyrrha killed Penny, it was done by manipulating her wires into slicing her to pieces. I get the idea that because Penny projected a 8-B energy beam, then her durability must be 8-B and therefore her wires slicing into her were 8-B but is that actually the justification for Pyrrha being 8-B?

RebubleUselet said:
@Weekly
Uh, no. IIRC the MHS+ feat occured after the timeskip, thus Season 1 (Vol. 1-3) students can't scale to it
We're not using the MHS+ feat anymore, just the MHS one

I suppose posting a video I hoped to get a lot of feedback on in such a divisive and pivotal thread wasn't my best idea. Sorry bout that :/

Reasoning against downgrades: There are enough casual 8-C+/High 8-C/8-B feats to justify the near baseline 8-A feat as being legitimate, and lower feats do not invalidate the MHS feat.

Repeat again and again for you until it finally gets through; there is only 1 High 8-C feat, only 1 8-B feat, they don't scale to Vol 1 or 4, many of the 8-C feats aren't casual, and Mercury has an anti feat and every single feat in the verse is Supersonic or lower with very few exceptions

Anti feats dont discredit higher feats

Unless of course you'd like to argue against every single verse on this wiki that has been hit by things other than lightning but are still rated on their lightning dodging feat

You have to debunk me once, then i'll concede. So far youve just been arguing that its not legit becaus you say so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back