• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY: 8-A and MHS Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
WeeklyBattles said:
It doesnt matter if theyre consistent because theyre all casual
They're not. They're normal. You just look at any feat where the character doesn't nearly-die of exertion and slap "casual".

I can show you Yang being scared of 6 guys with guns if you want low-end. Of which there are dozens of times more than building level feats. You have no idea how lenient Building level+ RWBY is.

@Matt No, theyre casual, every single feat used to invalidate 8-A is a casual 8-C feat.

Go for it, wont invalidate 8-A

HeroicDefender97 said:
@Twisted

If all you are gonna do is throw accusations at people and make no constructive arugments that hold no creditablity and weight to them

You should stop talking
I can write a whole essay on how much I don't **** * ****

@WeeklyBattles

Again, stop showing salt and applying false-equivalencies. Obviously leaning is allowed, specially for a Verse that has been going on since the 1960s. However, stuff like Tier 8 for Street levelers, Tier 6 for top-tier heroes, and Tier 5 and 4 for the strongest heroes is backed up by numerous feats, and Marvel divides its characters into classes making it easier to powerscale (obviously a feat done by Spider-Man scales to Thor).

Meanwhile RWBY is a web-series that is only 4 seasons long, made by most the same writers, directors and staff from the beginning. Consistency is more heavily demanded to it than Marvel Comics.

And it only has one 8-A and one MHS feat.

It has less numerical consistency, and less lee-way for inconsistency.

And I agree that Low-ends =/= Consistency, which is why I'm not in favor of ranking RWBY as Wall level.

But Building level is the most generous we can go without being dishonest to the point of wanking.

Basically.

9-B RWBY = 8-C to 7-B Thor

8-C RWBY = 4-B Thor

8-A RWBY = 3-B Thor

To use a poor analogy.

It's hurt for me, but I agree with the downgrades.

AFAIR, Adam had to try when he destroyed that spiderdroid. And Weiss performing a higher ap feats casually just doesn't make sense. Unless we got a proof that she is>>Adam.

@Matt Its not at all a false equivalency. We're not suddenly going to downgrade Marvel characters because guys like Spider Man down bust a town with every single one of his punches. Going by your logic it doesnt matter if they have a few feats on that level as they have exponentially more lower feats.

RWBY has 5 seasons and the main writer literally died so no they dont have all the same writers.

@Matthew Isn't it just a bit of a false equivalence to compare anything aside from a comic verse to a comic verse? Thor is taken on by many many many writers over many decades- RWBY is taken on by one solidified team with only one canon.

WeeklyBattles said:
Its not at all contradicted. Low end =/= contradiction
If a person shows a MHS feat, which is then overwritten by a supersonic feat mere seconds later, it is a contradiction. They are either one or the other, not both, and the later is far more consistent.

@Mr. Bambu

You should say this to Weekly, who is unironically saying that we should apply the same degree of leniancy to a 55+ year running comicbook franchise with hundreds of writers to a web show that's only 5 seasons long. When the rankings we use for the former are actually more consistent than RWBY's anyway.

Twisted I thought you unfollowed? Why are you back?

Regardless the vast majority of this thread is in full support of the downgrade. Many have voiced disapproval about RWBY's stats during this thread and in previous threads before. Gotta be fair on judging and from how things are the one that's most fair and logical is on Matt and Kepp's side.

By the way, Twisted, provide actual insightful commentary here and Weekly stop saying someone else is wrong because they disagree.

Until we see Weiss prove that she is her > Adam--- 8-A Low-Mid tiers RWBY characters is not gonna fly very well

And like I previously said--- Weiss's feat has been consistently calced to be only High City-Block at best--- No higher then that

Kep made a mistake on that calc at the time

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
Twisted I thought you unfollowed? Why are you back?

Regardless the vast majority of this thread is in full support of the downgrade. Many have voiced disapproval about RWBY's stats during this thread and in previous threads before. Gotta be fair on judging and from how things are the one that's most fair and logical is on Matt and Kepp's side.

By the way, Twisted, provide actual insightful commentary here and Weekly stop saying someone else is wrong because they disagree.
Thank you that's all I can say

HeroicDefender97 said:
Bruh
Did you not hear what I just said, Weekly?

Because Kep MADE a mistake on that calc
Kep didnt make a mistake on that calc, Lina did.

Kep saw a mistake and changed it, that is all.

My mistake, but the point still stands otherwise. Disproving MHS I could see, in some sense, but if we're considering a Tier 8 feat an outlier in a verse of Tier 8s, I'm beginning to develop a sense of overuse of the word "outlier".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back