• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RuneScape Verse Revisions: Current Progress and Finalization

Assaltwaffle

VS Battles
Retired
Over the past week or so I have been working to clean up the RuneScape verse. Our profiles for it and its characters are dismally bad, and need to be sorted. After some time and calcs from both myself and Darkanine, RuneScape now has a baseline of feats that can begin to correct and add onto the verse. So, lets overview what we currently have.

Bottom Tier: 9-A, Small Building level based on Dark's Goblin explosion calc. This is a baseline for everything above a normal human or weak animal in the game. Normal goblins are not strong, and the player character (the World Guardian) is already far above them even at the lowest level. Anything that has no other feat winds up here.

Low Tier: TBD, at least 8-C, Building level. Though not calced yet, the dragon Elvarg summons a thunderstorm capable of producing natural lightning, a feat that has a minimum of baseline of 8-C. This scales to bosses that are stronger than Elvarg. That would mean that the currently dismal profiles of the Barrows Brothers would obtain this rating, since they are all legendary warriors who should be stronger than Elvarg (supported by both their level, damage, and hitpoints, all of which are higher than Elvarg's). The Corporeal Beast would be here, since it lacks a better feat, but is vastly more powerful than anything else at this level.

Mid Tier: High 6-B, Large Country level+ based on my Forinthry destruction calc. Any character who is a god or is as strong a single god would obtain this rating. Though few characters currently on the site scale to this, many future profiles and the World Guardian (currently Player Character) get this.

High Tier: 6-A, Continent level based on the previous calc. Any character who is amped by an Elder Artifact or is stronger than the combined power of three gods would get this. This means Zamorak (amped by the Stone of Jas) would get this, the World Guardian (with the Staff of Armadyl) would get this, Tuska would get this, and the Elder Gods would get this as a minimum alone.

God Tier: 5-B, Planet level, likely far higher. This would be applied to the Elder Gods as a group, since they are able to create planets. They have been stated to have made all planets in the universe, but it is unknown how big the RS universe is or how long it took them to do this. If the RS normal universe is the same size as ours and has existed for the same time as ours, they would have to be higher than planet level. That being said we know they can be killed a High tier with preparation and they haven't shown any feats like the Spirit Beast, so putting them at High 3-A to scale to the beast seems inaccurate.

As for Speed, we see Elvarg flying very quickly in the same shot, so quickly that the untrained Captain of the boat was unable to see her (the World Guardian, even when not fully trained, was able to see her movement, however). The vast size of some of the enemies encountered would support this, so most strong entities should be Subsonic. The World Guardian should also get Transonic, and any character stated to be able to beat him/her would scale to this. The Transonic rating comes from the attack Sonic Wave, which is a literal wave of sound. The Would Guardian would also get Hypersonic in short bursts with Surge, as the player travels nearly instantly to a location; this speed is so intense that the player briefly catches fire. This wouldn't scale to anyone else since this is made to be a tool for evasion and gap-closing.

The gods would have Massively FTL+ travel speed, as they are capable of traveling between life-bearing planets very quickly.

So, there we have it. All the proposed ratings as of now. Opinions?

I think that this seems fine to apply.

I believe it best to combine Dharok The Wretched, Verac The Defiled, and Karil The Tainted to a single profile named the Barrows Brothers, as they are all virtually identical in power. There are actually 7 of them, and we only have 3. This would fill in the gap while also making the pages neater and easier to understand.

This would entail the deletion of the 3 above profiles, which I cannot do.

The Barrows Brothers have risen. The old profiles can be deleted.

PS. I don't want to rush you, but only to remind you; Elvarg's thunderstorm and boat burning feats are useful to the verse, as they scale to the newly created Brothers but also the Spirit Beast and all other bosses above her but below the gods.

You're not rushing me at all, I will to get to them soon. Probably sometime in the morning when I work on the OUAT calcs.

And no problem at all.

Well as of now all the old profiles have either been revised, deleted, or compiled and then revised. Now all the is left is to get the Elvarg feat, apply the results, and expand the verse.

It has come a long way.

Honestly this along with my calculation requests/evaluation revision is really amazing. This not only shows that if there is a problem you can fix it, but also demonstrates how the community can come together and make some positive impacts. Gives motivation to keep trying to improve and expand.

Yes. Agreed. We are trying our best, but there is always an awful lot to do.

Back