• If you appreciate the VS Battles wiki, and can afford it, please make a donation to help keep our forum running, so we can continue to work hard to improve on the reliability of our wiki profile pages. If you want to be anonymous, don't enter your real name when you donate.

Please click here if you are willing to help out.

Rule Violations Reports (New forum)

AKM sama

rawr
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Human Resources
The edit was not done in any bad taste and it was not a malicious act of vandalism. People need to stop blowing stuff out of proportion. The changes he made weren't sweeping, they were pretty minor. He added a few abilities that, from what I can tell, should have already been there. And he slightly changed the rating because of a calc he thought was accepted. Sure, he should have made a CRT and sure he was also warned before. He is at fault but his fault isn't big enough to warrant a ban. Between a warning and a ban, there are a number of things that can be done, like giving him a stricter warning or restricting him from editing pages for a short period of time, etc.

Also, for the millionth time, just make your report and/or clarify your point in a single comment, and leave the rest to the staff members. There is no need to go back and forth for dozens of comments regarding what he did, why he did it, what the punishment should be, counting of votes etc.

On a side note, this thread needs more moderation from the staff team.

Last edited:

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Content Moderator
The edit was not done in any bad taste and it was not a malicious act of vandalism. People need to stop blowing stuff out of proportion. The changes he made weren't sweeping, they were pretty minor. He added a few abilities that, from what I can tell, should have already been there. And he slightly changed the rating because of a calc he thought was accepted. Sure, he should have made a CRT and sure he was also warned before. He is at fault but his fault isn't big enough to warrant a ban. Between a warning and a ban, there are a number of things that can be done, like giving him a stronger warning or restricting him from editing for a short period of time, etc.

Also, for the millionth time, just make your report and/or clarify your point in a single comment, and leave the rest to the staff members. There is no need to go back and forth for dozens of comments regarding what he did, why he did it, what the punishment should be, etc.

On a side note, this thread needs more moderation from the staff team.
The point is that he has done this in the past and was warned at least two times about not doing it again so he is flat out lying when he claims that he had no idea that a crt was necessary.

This kind of leniency is why we have these problems in the first place.

Kukui has consistently brought his dislike for the need it japanese scans needed into the Persona revisions thread and is effectively trying to drag us down with him, and refuses to stop.

Kukui has consistently brought his dislike for the need it japanese scans needed into the Persona revisions thread and is effectively trying to drag us down with him, and refuses to stop.
Hmm, in this thread he was also trying to stop people from looking for the Japanese scans for a Pokemon revision, giving the reasoning that promotional material doesn't need to be verified under the assumption that they'd be under heavier vetting.

I didn't see this as a rule violation, but if someone else is reporting him for doing this in another thread, I've noticed similar stuff popping up in the past few days from him.

Last edited:
First, how is this report-worthy? I didn't insult anyone or break any rules, I was bringing up a point in the thread that directly involves Persona and a standard we use here.

And for context for the people coming in to see this, I was calling out something that's blatantly hypocritical and turns a blind eye to a standard we go by a lot here, which involves Persona.

Hmm, in this thread he was also trying to stop people from looking for the Japanese scans for a Pokemon revision, giving the reasoning that promotional material doesn't need to be verified under the assumption that they'd be under heavier vetting.

I didn't see this as a rule violation, but if someone else is reporting him for this in another thread, I've noticed similar stuff popping up in the past few days from him.
Hes literally only been circling us, saying we “shouldn’t get a slap on the wrist”, essentially trying to take us down with him.

Matthew_Schroeder

VS Battles
Retired
About Japanese Scans:

Pokemon is like, legitimately the one exception to the "Japanese Language is always preferable" unspoken rule and this is mostly because:

1. Pokemon is so fucking huge that good luck getting the Japanese Material for literally everything that's used.

2. Pokemon is well-established as having a wildly different localization in the West since it began, and this is the version that literally everyone is familiar with since childhood.

3. Pokemon has been using the English version on the wiki since it literally started, good luck changing it now all of a sudden 6 years into the game.

I’m not saying he should get a punishment, but he quite literally will not stop focusing on Persona vs Pokémon and it’s standards, and has consistently derailed the thread.

Could people please not bring Pokemon specifically into this? It has literally nothing to do with my complaint in the Persona thread that im getting reported here for.

What I was doing was calling out a double standard in which, generally speaking, some verses aint allowed to get anything for them with english scans and always have to go through the raws. I see Persona's case using nothing but 100% english scans, and no one bats an eye to it about that. Hence, I called it out in the thread as it involves Persona and our translation standards.

Could people please not bring Pokemon specifically into this? It has literally nothing to do with my complaint in the Persona thread that im getting reported here for.

What I was doing was calling out a double standard in which, generally speaking, some verses aint allowed to get anything for them with english scans and always have to go through the raws. I see Persona's case using nothing but 100% english scans, and no one bats an eye to it about that. Hence, I called it out in the thread as it involves Persona and our translation standards.
It’s definitely about Pokémon, you literally came into the thread asking about Japanese scans, just like you were asked.

I agree there is a double standard, but your consistent and constant fixation on only Persona and not the dozens of other verses that got by with English scans kept derailing the thread. Just like you say don’t mention Pokémon, don’t mention Persona and keep fixating on us, and only us.

It’s definitely about Pokémon, you literally came into the thread asking about Japanese scans, just like you were asked.

I agree there is a double standard, but your consistent and constant fixation on only Persona and not the dozens of other verses that got by with English scans kept derailing the thread. Just like you say don’t mention Pokémon, don’t mention Persona and keep fixating on us, and only us.
Because Persona is the thread that im most recently involved in.....? And no, I came into the thread asking for japenese scans, because half the verses here on this site are asked the exact same thing. Not just Pokemon.

You also clearly missed my comment on where I said Persona isnt the only offender of this, and if I have to make a staff thread to address the general issue, then I will.

You also clearly missed my comment on where I said Persona isnt the only offender of this, and if I have to make a staff thread to address the general issue, then I will.
Make a staff thread on hypocrisy of the standards, all I ask is you simply leave the thread so me, Matt, and Whitee can go back to the actual debate, since there was no reason for this to go on as long as it did.

The AOT wiki states this
"The ODM gear tends to be less efficient in open spaces because the user does not have too many spots where the hooks can be reeled. However, the hooks are able to pierce Titan flesh and ODM gear can be as fast or even faster than a Titan."
Which has been showed many times on canon.

Nothing bad has been added. Imo it's alright

Inksaness, a user with a few hundred edits, has edited The Worm In Waiting, giving it a shitton of additional abilities, and upgrading it, seemingly without a CRT (none were linked and I couldn't find any under the Stellaris discussion tag).

(The image/quote were also somewhat mangled during these edits)

Last edited:
He has done this before btw. Me and Ant told him not too and he continues to do so. He seems to and please take this with a grain of salt but all he does is reply with stream of consciousness type stuff. It's not really possible to have a coherent conversation with him.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
We talked about beforehand that there were two pages for the same character, and that he should probably merge together the information within them. However, he seems to have misunderstood, as I did not tell him to upgrade the statistics.

Also, given that @Elizhaa is knowledgeable about this verse, we should ask him for input as well.

DarkDragonMedeus

The Sword and Shield of AKM Sama
VS Battles
Sysop
He hasn't been active in almost a year, and I thought I messaged him on his wall a while back. He hasn't made any bad posts, but I do agree that name alone is considered Fandom worthy.

I was told to come here for this, but I'm accusing @Matthew_Schroeder of evident bias and threat making.

He says things like my lies will be exposed and goes on to call others he disagrees with liars. He makes offhand comments to attack the fact I upgraded Bleach, and within the same thread tells me to "get ready" like he's about to drop some divine punishment on me for my "lies".

It's clear he holds zero respect for me when he resorts to calling my arguments garbage, and no saying "with all due respect" and then proceeding to insult me is not showing any respect. He also clearly provokes in his comments when he disagrees with certain CRTs seen here.

To me (and others have expressed the same sentiment) he's clearly abusing his status as a Staff member here by demonstrating clear bias and resorting to uncivil threats and insults. I remember being called out here because for the same uncivil behavior (calling Jvando blind among using other insults towards Damage), but I see Matthew doing the same thing to non-Staff members. It's okay though because he's Staff? The double standard of treatment towards members here is quite sickening.

Smaller things that I'm not sure are rules violations, but I'll address them here. He often asserts things that are directly or provably false within a verse's lore (i.e. he called the Garganta outer space when it's common knowledge that it is a possibly infinite torrent of reishi that is it's own time and space). However, the issue is when he continues to assert falsehoods and we can't do anything because if Staff wanted to they could band together and grandstand anything (since all decisions come down to do Staff agree). This is just another instance of what I believe to be Matt's bias interfering with productive discussion here.

While I won't divulge them here (due to respect for privacy), I've been sent screenshots of certain Staff members talking behind my back and insulting the fact that I upgraded Bleach.

Damage3245

VS Battles
Sysop
Calculation Group
Matthew should refrain from calling other users liars without good reason, though I don't think a simple post like "Get ready" is offensive or breaks any rules.

Calling certain arguments out as "garbage" is not very respectful, but it does seem to just be an opinion expressed badly.

Honestly, this whole situation is a squabble that is not supposed to happen, i mean those war between mods and members only for some stuff like upgrade/downgrade shouldn't happen, people need to focus only on the argument, not the person or the verse, because i can see that it will lead to a bunch of other problems in the futur

Damage3245

VS Battles
Sysop
Calculation Group
I insulted Jvando’s argument. Matt also insults me directly too, but you’re very lax about it.
Don't try to rewrite history.

This is one of the comments you were reported for:

Then you're blind.

This is not an insult to Jvando's argument, this is you speaking to him directly.

Whether you think it is a big deal or not, doesn't matter. You were not reported for being insulting to somebody's argument, and you were officially warned for this.

Yeah this is an HR problem, not a Rule Reports problem. All that’s gonna happen here is drama, drama, drama. Let’s drop the subject and send it to the correct people, otherwise, we’ll just clog the thread.

TOAAPRESENCE1

VS Battles
Wiki Thread Moderator
Yeah this is an HR problem, not a Rule Reports problem. All that’s gonna happen here is drama, drama, drama. Let’s drop the subject and send it to the correct people, otherwise, we’ll just clog the thread.
Is good that is being brought to light however

I mean I get why you wouldn’t directly take things to HR since you never actually know what it going on there, so posting it here is also good.
Though I do think you should put it in HR as well.

Posting it here just causes a bunch of people to start getting on each others case, and potentially cause us to miss actual rule violations. I’m confident in HRs ability to solve and report problems, and I firmly believe that discussing it here would do nothing but take up unneeded space and attention.

TOAAPRESENCE1

VS Battles
Wiki Thread Moderator
Posting it here just causes a bunch of people to start getting on each others case, and potentially cause us to miss actual rule violations. I’m confident in HRs ability to solve and report problems, and I firmly believe that discussing it here would do nothing but take up unneeded space and attention.
Posting it here helps bring a light to bias so that everyone can see so it helps, but yes I agree that it should be taken to them now especially if he has proves of staff insulting him

I’m not familiar with who I talk to about this but I’ll go to HR thank you!

Abstractions

VS Battles
Content Moderator
To me (and others have expressed the same sentiment) he's clearly abusing his status as a Staff member here by demonstrating clear bias and resorting to uncivil threats and insults. I remember being called out here because for the same uncivil behavior (calling Jvando blind among using other insults towards Damage), but I see Matthew doing the same thing to non-Staff members. It's okay though because he's Staff? The double standard of treatment towards members here is quite sickening.
While I agree that Matt shouldn't be calling anyone a lying troll, are you going to ignore AppleLord attempting to discredit any rebuttals Damage and Matt make as staff bias despite that clearly being an attack on their position and character? If you're upset about a double standard that's fine but at least acknowledge this.

Arc7Kuroi said:
While I won't divulge them here (due to respect for privacy), I've been sent screenshots of certain Staff members talking behind my back and insulting the fact that I upgraded Bleach.
If staff members are blatantly insulting you, I request that you please take that to HR, It is important that they are on top of that.

While I agree that Matt shouldn't be calling anyone a lying troll, are you going to ignore AppleLord attempting to discredit any rebuttals Damage and Matt make as staff bias despite that clearly being an attack on their position and character? If you're upset about a double standard that's fine but at least acknowledge this.
What exactly does what AppleLord posted have to do with Arc7Kuroi? And it was a joke, albeit, a joke that will probably come true.

I do disagree with what you say about at least Matt’s bais.
Considering how he acted (already shown by Arc.) I think it’s clear that he isn’t exactly doing this is good faith anyway.

Abstractions

VS Battles
Content Moderator
What exactly does what AppleLord posted have to do with Arc7Kuroi? And it was a joke, albeit, a joke that will probably come true.
The section I commented on was in response to Arc7Kuroi commenting on a double standard that it's okay for mods to insult members and not the other way around, despite AppleLord's comment clearly being inflammatory towards two staff members.
It’s not my job to police other members I was just bringing up something that directly involves me.
If you are going to comment on a double standard it shows good faith if you are not enabling the same thing by ignoring AppleLord's comment, this isn't about policing.

My example for a double standard was my own poor behavior. I’ve been punished for calling Jvando blind and now Matt calling me a liar is merely a poorly expressed opinion.

The section I commented on was in response to Arc7Kuroi commenting on a double standard that it's okay for mods to insult members and not the other way around, despite AppleLord's comment clearly being inflammatory towards two staff members.
So because Arc7Kuroi didn't report it he's somehow at fault? As was said, it's not his job to enforce the rules, and what AppleLord posted was a humorous joke, even I liked it, am I also at fault?

On an unrelated note, and apologies if this isn't the right place to ask, but is there a thread somewhere detailing the rules for how staff are suppose to act off-site? I remember a long post about it months back but I can't find it anywhere. This is a general question btw, not solely directed at you, just didn't want to make multiple posts.

TOAAPRESENCE1

VS Battles
Wiki Thread Moderator
On an unrelated note, and apologies if this isn't the right place to ask, but is there a thread somewhere detailing the rules for how staff are suppose to act off-site? I remember a long post about it months back but I can't find it anywhere. This is a general question btw, not solely directed at you, just didn't want to make multiple posts.
Yes I remember it, a mod was saying/acting in a certain disgusting (racist comments or something like that) way and was demoted

But he isn't a mod so he can't be expected to police other members.

What you said would also make all mods responsible of any hypothetical rule violation.

AKM sama

rawr
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Human Resources
Calling somebody's arguments "garbage" or "wank" or anything like that is not exactly a rule violation. Neither is saying "get ready", and it's not a threat either. It could just mean that he might be making a CRT to counter some of your points. I fail to see how this is a matter of staff member abusing his power. These are things that happen almost everyday in vs threads. Arguments get called out, things get heated. However, he should obviously refrain from getting confrontational about it.

AppleLord's comment seems to be in poor taste and passive aggressive for no reason. Both parties need to calm down, take a step back and relax.

Also, if those screenshots are from off-site and the stuff is not taking place in your immediate surrounding, then it is not reportable to the HR group according to our off-site standards. What people do off-site isn't our concern for the most part until in special cases it involves stuff that are written in our rules. You can read them and if you think it falls under any of that, feel free to contact me.

Abstractions

VS Battles
Content Moderator
So because Arc7Kuroi didn't report it he's somehow at fault? As was said, it's not his job to enforce the rules, and what AppleLord posted was a humorous joke, even I liked it, am I also at fault?

I never said he was at fault for not reporting it, just that simply ignoring it when commenting on a double standard weakens the claim that there is a double standard to begin with.

I believe there was a thread on it.
But he isn't a mod so he can't be expected to police other members.

What you said would also make all mods responsible of any hypothetical rule violation.
This wasn't about policing, but about one particular argument, which I already said.

It's irresponsible of me to fill up the thread about this, so if any people want to talk about it with me please come to my wall.

Calling somebody's arguments "garbage" or "wank" or anything like that is not exactly a rule violation. Neither is saying "get ready", and it's not a threat either. It could just mean that he might be making a CRT to counter some of your points. I fail to see how this is a matter of staff member abusing his power. These are things that happen almost everyday in vs threads. Arguments get called out, things get heated. However, he should obviously refrain from getting confrontational about it.
I mean he blatantly didn’t even try to avoid getting confrontational about it, so this whole speal, makes little sense.

AppleLord's comment seems to be in poor taste and passive aggressive for no reason. Both parties need to calm down, take a step back and relax.

But AppeLords comment is completely unrelated to this, regardless of your opinion on Matt or Kuroi.

I never said he was at fault for not reporting it, just that simply ignoring it when commenting on a double standard weakens the claim that there is a double standard to begin with.

He isn't obliged to report every other instance of bad behavior to have the right to report attacks against him (if they exist)

Anyway, if you guys want those kind of things stop, you first need to tell Matt to not spam negative and provocative comments like that in every Bleach related thread, by posting that, nothing good will happen you should know that

Secondly, Bleach fans need to stop talking behind the back of Mods or, just like matt, make provocative comment, because the more you post it, the more hate you'll recieve from everyone who is inside or outside of the conflict (so mods, regular members ect.)

It's simple.

But is it fine for a staff member to act like that? Aren't they suppose to enforce rules and keep the peace? Not make snarky comments that incite toxicity and lead to arguments much like the one we're having in this thread now?

Also, it's quite evident that him saying "Get ready" or "We're shafting the whole thing" in vague ways is just meant to anger Bleach fans and the people that worked hard on the upgrade, it's unnecessary and just furthers the conflict between both parties.

If he's going to make a big downgrade thread, he really doesn't need to tease the people that made the upgrade in the first place, it's just immature and clearly shows his intent.

Ok so imma be blunt about this. This has all started by the mere fact of Bleach getting 3-A and then even more CRT for other characters to get such a tier. Both parties are at fault by the mere fact that if someone says something about the Bleach side, then the members will react or defend that person (even if they started badmouthing) and if someone says anything to the opposition, then they are gonna defend that person (even if they started badmouthing)

What should be done?
Staff needs to either watch over any of the CRT for Bleach or they need to start participating in them

What should be done?
Staff needs to either watch over any of the CRT for Bleach or they need to start participating in them
You cannot impose to the staff to participate in a CRT, worst if this is something as chaotic as a mainstream, it could be a good solution but don't think it will be done

Matthew_Schroeder

VS Battles
Retired

Also, if those screenshots are from off-site and the stuff is not taking place in your immediate surrounding, then it is not reportable to the HR group according to our off-site standards. What people do off-site isn't our concern for the most part until in special cases it involves stuff that are written in our rules. You can read them and if you think it falls under any of that, feel free to contact me.
Thank you for stepping in, AKM.

But I would like to remove my comment towards @Arc7Kuroi . It was uncalled for and unprofessional, and I shouldn't be baiting people like that as staff.

AKM has warned me about it already in private and he is 100% right. It was wrong, and I"m sorry for it.

Thank you very much for the apology I appreciate it. I’ll do my best to remain civil in future discussion as well. I apologize for anything I’ve done lately to incite toxicity as well. Hopefully we can all move forward with our best foot forward and I no longer see a need to go to HR lol.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Thank you to everybody for trying to be reasonable about this.

For the record, as usual, I agree with AKM.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
A strict instruction to stop posting controversial threads might be warranted though.

Would some staff member here be willing to handle it?

What are you going to do with Fandom Discussions geniuses? Users from there invade Naruto Fandom, create spite threads, harass its users etc.
And its getting out of hand, weren't there at least two mods assigned to Fandom Discussions?