• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

I do agree with what Axiom said, and while Clover isn't wrong that Azontr is a very active member and very contributive. He has done a lot more good things than bad, Crabwhale does make a point that this isn't the first time, but saying he does this in "Every thread" sounds very hyperbolic and I at least recommend compiling examples before making such an allegation.

Of course, there has to be a limit to how many times people can get away with lashing out, but at least from my experience, I haven't seen anything deserving of anything beyond a warning.

Feel free to warn me for my behavior, I gladly acknowledge my actions and will accept that.

But what I will not appreciate is being accused of being a consistent toxic influence on the community. That's a lie, and bullshit.

But what I will not appreciate is being accused of being a consistent toxic influence on the community. That's a lie, and bullshit.
It literally did not take me more than 20 seconds of scrolling your name to find you acting unseemly and provocative, and this excluding the incident with you saying a word that is strictly against FANDOM ToS (and for the record, I understand there's shit-throwing between friends involved in most of these threads. I do it as well, but for the thread linked even the people involved were pointing it was going a bit far).

Perhaps my original statement was a touch too far. I will admit I may have fallen into a trap of hyperbole. But this does not change the fact that you need to adjust your attitude moving forwards. None of your outbursts have been terrible on their own, but you should be aware that plenty of people have received reprimands before via death by a thousand cuts (or a thousand comments that weren't thought through, in this case). Keep that in mind moving forwards.

Crab, quit acting like several other users haven't said things just as provocative or satirical without punishment before. It's disingenuous on your part.

I'll gladly adjust my attitude and avoid being toxic, but genuinely quit trying to paint me as this asshole when I'm not.

Crab, quit acting like several other users haven't said things just as provocative or satirical without punishment before.
And I could just as well point to many individuals who have been warned and, through repeated offenses, reprimanded for behaviors like that.
I'll gladly adjust my attitude and avoid being toxic, but genuinely quit trying to paint me as this asshole when I'm not.
If that is indeed the case moving forwards, then you won't hear a pip out of me.

Azontr acts that way with members he's friends with all the time. Like in those links you posted. Most of the time, it's not him being actively provocative or toxic. It's him joking around or being blatantly satirical with people he knows won't take offense to it.

If you somehow didn't realize that, you shouldn't be a thread moderator. And you definitely shouldn't be trying to bring that stuff up as evidence of his character here.

I will agree that he has done a handful of mildly upsetting things such as the GoH Revision posts that brought up this discussion, but he's already apologized for that.

It literally did not take me more than 20 seconds of scrolling your name to find you acting unseemly and provocative, and this excluding the incident with you saying a word that is strictly against FANDOM ToS (and for the record, I understand there's shit-throwing between friends involved in most of these threads. I do it as well, but for the thread linked even the people involved were pointing it was going a bit far).
Even if the language itself may or may not need fixing, using banter between friends as "evidence" toward his character is scraping the barrier of dishonesty, not gonna lie

Not trying to involve myself but his comment did not offend me at all. I know him and he is great friend and good friend. And I know deeply he did not try or at least not intentionally to offend me. I am aware he was stressed dealing with opposing party (I am neutral on the thread and trying to find solution for both parties). So his comment is excused from my heart. But this is not the case for Elde.

I am saying this because his comment is redirected to me and to @EldemadeDityjon . Maybe to Elde, it is offensive, sure, I don't recall they both are friends privately. But his comment is not offensive to me necessarily.

Not trying to involve myself but his comment did not offend me at all. I know him and he is great friend and good friend. And I know deeply he did not try or at least not intentionally to offend me. I am aware he was stressed dealing with opposing party (I am neutral on the thread and trying to find solution for both parties). So his comment is excused from my heart. But this is not the case for Elde.

I am saying this because his comment is redirected to me and to @EldemadeDityjon . Maybe to Elde, it is offensive, sure, I don't recall they both are friends privately. But his comment is not offensive to me necessarily.
He apologized. So I don't want to drag it down. If he limits his behaviour I am fine with that.

I suppose a final remark is a good thing to have, and I've got something I'd like to say.

I firmly believe that Crabwhale is one of the few voices that ought to be heard on all occasions in which he deigns to speak, even if you don't agree with him. Saying that he ought not be a discussion mod because he pulled up a handful of situations you, personally, do not agree with, is wack as ****. Azontr tends to acknowledge when he's ******* up and that's a good quality, but even he admits that the ****-up has, indeed, occurred- it seems Crab is just of the opinion that this, mixed with his fuckup-adjacent verbage used with his friends, implies a deeper problem. This is no sin.

Azontr shouldn't be banned, but in the future I think at least a warning is appropriate should another one of these minor issues arise- whether the man admits it or not, Azontr does get into a disproportionately large amount of scuffles, and does derail important threads quite often. The simple fact that he is a good member shouldn't dissuade our acknowledgement of that. Rules are rules and we ought to apply them to everyone.

With that said, I'm not going to dole out any official warning for Azontr at the moment. Just tone it down, guy.

For the record, I also do not think that azontr seems to have done anything particularly bad in what we have been shown here, and he is a longtime productive and usually well-behaved member according to my experiences.

Also, he did apologise and said that he would try to shape up as well.

This user was banned due to the following reason:
This member has been banned until Apr 4, 2023 at 07:30 for the following reason: https://vsbattles.com/threads/rule-violation-reports-new-forum.107529/page-159#post-5273660 And later attempted making 2 socks. His ban may be extended to permanent if he attempts another.

I see that he tried creating two more accounts (and even used the latter to some extent):

Bureaucrats can check this report to verify: https://vsbattles.com/reports/858/

Since this is sockpuppeting, I am extending his ban to permanent on all of the accounts.

Reporting @BlackDarkness679 for their behavior in this thread.

Throughout the thread, they've been constantly trying to devalue others by claiming that they know nothing about the series, insulting their intelligence with comments such as "you can't comprehend anything" and "You still decide to be dense dont you?", and is being generally rude to others, even though the other side hasn't done anything really rude besides a mocking meme from SirAlex09, although I wouldn't say that isn't too rude.

Apparently they have a history of being reported for bad conduct, but I'm not really in a position to take action, so I'm just gonna report this and leave it at that

Back