• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

Not to say Malo did nothing wrong, but this is not doxxing and shouldn't be framed as such. All the info was publicly made available be Deag himself, and whilst what Malo did was a twat move, he did not and i quote the definition of doxxing "he act of publicly revealing previously private personal information about an individual or organization, usually via the internet".
This is textbook doxxing. Scouring someone's internet profiles for PII doesn't stop being doxxing because they are the ones that posted it.

Most cases of doxxing occur in this exact manner.

Also, you are not a staff member. You have no reason to participate in this, as was made clear by Confluctor earlier

First, you proceeded to label the transcript "Rando" so clearly my name was not needed.

Second, for the purpose of the CRT, it did not add anything to proving your point and I am obviously not a famous person so knowing what my name is doesn't help contextualize any of the info

You added it for no reason.
I did it to better differentiate between all the other randoms who were speaking at the interview.

You knew where I got them from. I told you repeatedly that I personally conducted them.
And I didn't believe you. They were listed as part of some "Hero/Heroes Initiative", and since I have no reason to believe you were a part or particularly high-ranking member of any of that, I didn't have any reason to believe you personally conducted them.

And you interpreted that to mean I was okay with you putting my full legal name in bold on the forum? No, obviously not.

I'm done with the bickering, what you did was clearly wrong.
No. I said that in response to "instead of removing my full legal name from your post" as if you had asked me to remove that for you. You didn't, which is all I argued there.

As far as I know, that wasn't your full legal name anyway.

You knew where I got them from. I told you repeatedly that I personally conducted them.
I do gotta question about this. Why did you link the interview to yourself? Perhaps I’m missing the context on this.
(Please excuse me, I’m trying to figure this situation out for what the appropriate action is to be taken)

I did it to better differentiate between all the other randoms who were speaking at the interview
No one else spoke during the main portions with Scott and even if they did, you could have just wrote "Deagon" since you knew it was me. That is not a reason to publish my name.

And I didn't believe you. They were listed as part of some "Hero/Heroes Initiative", and since I have no reason to believe you were a part or particularly high-ranking member of any of that, I didn't have any reason to believe you personally conducted them.
You not believing me does not change the fact that you were informed it was my interview multiple times.

No. I said that in response to "instead of removing my full legal name from your post" as if you had asked me to remove that for you. You didn't, which is all I argued there.
Me pointing out that you had doxxed me is a clear and obvious indication that i wasn't comfortable with you publishing my full name on the forums for no reason. You could've corrected it, and instead you acted toxic as usual.

I do gotta question about this. Why did you link the interview to yourself? Perhaps I’m missing the context on this.
Scott had offered some relevant information about the topic. The video I posted blurred my personal information. Malomtek went on my Vimeo profile and found another video that was unblurred with my name and posted it in bold on his reply. I told him numerous times it was my interview, so he was not ignorant of that fact.

If I put in the full name of what I considered to be some interview rando in a post, that's not done with malicious intent, but for clarification purposes.

If that goes against the rules here, then I'll make sure to never do it again.

I'm seeing a lot of back-and-forth between regular users here. Can somebody just make a summary of the situation so that staff can come to a decision?
Deagonx is accusing me of "doxing" him because he linked an interview that he claimed was personally conducted by him, especially noting a part that he claims to have personally asked Scott Snyder a question. I didn't believe him about being part of the interview in any particular, and transcribed the question and answer with the questioner as "Rando", with the "Rando's" full name as a supplementary note, the full name being gathered from another interview video. I did not connect this "Rando's" name to Deagonx in any way, because I never believed the "Rando" was the same as Deagonx himself.

If I put in the full name of what I considered to be some interview rando in a post
You knew it was not a random person. I informed you repeatedly that it was me, and the videos were on my account.

I did not connect this "Rando's" name to Deagonx in any way, because I never believed the "Rando" was the same as Deagonx himself
Yet i had no reason to lie, and told you repeatedly it was me. My face and name were blurred in the video I posted, you found them unblurred and published it for no reason, and did not remove them when I told you that you'd doxxed me.

I'm seeing a lot of back-and-forth between regular users here. Can somebody just make a summary of the situation so that staff can come to a decision?
Here’s the initial report. As noted by Antvasima the user in question has a history of ending up in quarrels on the RVR thread.

Well, if I remember correctly, Malomtek has a history of bad behaviour in Touhou threads, with me giving him multiple chances despite that several other members here wanted to ban him, and he still showed his "gratitude" by repeatedly behaving in a very toxic manner towards me in the recent Animal Man thread, so given all of this combined with the doxing incident described above, my patence with him has probably run out now. Sorry, but even I have limits to my leniency.

No one else spoke during the main portions with Scott and even if they did, you could have just wrote "Deagon" since you knew it was me. That is not a reason to publish my name.
I did not "know" it was you. I did not even believe it was you. Stop acting as if you know how I think.

You not believing me does not change the fact that you were informed it was my interview multiple times.
The only person who said it was your interview was you. I didn't believe it was "your" interview, and believed that someone else in this "Hero/Heroes Initiative" orchestrated this interview.

Me pointing out that you had doxxed me is a clear and obvious indication that i wasn't comfortable with you publishing my full name on the forums for no reason. You could've corrected it, and instead you acted toxic as usual.
I never believed that was actually your full name, as opposed to that of some interview rando. I never connected it to you.

You knew it was not a random person. I informed you repeatedly that it was me, and the videos were on my account.
Stop trying to act as if you've read my mind and know the things that I "know". And like I said before, as far as I was concerned you could have gotten the videos from anywhere.

Yet i had no reason to lie, and told you repeatedly it was me. My face and name were blurred in the video I posted, you found them unblurred and published it for no reason, and did not remove them when I told you that you'd doxxed me.
You could have lied about being involved in that interview to make yourself seem more "authoritative" than you really are, but that's ultimately neither here nor there.

I happened to chance upon one of three videos you had, saw that everybody's names were there, and connected it to the voice of some rando who was asking Scott Snyder about the Sixth Dimension. I didn't consider said rando to be you.

And weren't you done with all this "bickering" anyway?

I told you it was me, repeatedly. I had nothing to gain by lying, and my name was edited out for my anonymity.

No matter how many times you say it, you cannot claim you didn't know you were doxxing me. Accusing me of lying about my identity isn't an excuse to dox me.

I told you it was me, repeatedly. I had nothing to gain by lying, and my name was edited out for my anonymity.

No matter how many times you say it, you cannot claim you didn't know you were doxxing me. Accusing me of lying about my identity isn't an excuse to dox me.
I already explained a potential motive for lying, and you don't know me. You don't know how I think. You don't know anything about my beliefs except what I tell you, and what I told you is clear: I didn't think that that guy, or any other person in that interview, was you. The name I put a footnote in for just belonged to some random guy, as far as I'm concerned.

I've perpetually maintained that I didn't believe it was you, and you trying to claim that I actually already "knew" it was you all along is ridiculous.

And we're arguing in circles here.

Last edited:
"Hey, this is an interview I did."

"No that's not you, it's [legal name], I found it on another video on the Deagonx Vimeo acct"

"Dude you doxxed me."

"I didn't know it was you!"

Incredible.

"I don't believe that's an interview you did. You got any proof?"

"It is one I did because I say so and it's on my channel. I have no reason to prove anything to you."

"I still don't believe you then. So, anyway, here's a transcript of the interview between [random person; footnote for legal name] and [relatively prominent personality]."

"Dude you doxxed me."

"What? I never believed that was ever actually you. That's just some rando to me."

"You knew that it was me, because...I just know you knew you did!"

That absurd defense aside, this is what the rules say on the topic.

Posting personal information for other members against their consent will result in a ban

Please do not make any excessive attempts to actively find/stalk any of the members here on the Wiki through Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc. or harass them in order for them to share their personal info. This will be considered an invasion of privacy on your part, and it will be met with the appropriate consequences.

and these have been the mods recommendations so far.
so given all of this combined with the doxing incident described above, my patence with him has probably run out now. Sorry, but even I have limits to my leniency.
Yeah, there is no excuse for leaking his real name. Just because he did so by accident at some point does not give one the right to leak it all out even further. Doxxing is permaban worthy offense. Malomtek also does have a long history of causing issues and has been quite an annoyance and did get a temporary ban before, but the leakage of someone's full out real name is by far the real issue here.
1. I agree Malomtek shouldn’t have revealed or used any real world names. That in itself is highly dangerous and we employ anonymity to protect ourselves on the Internet.
Due to their history of recurringly ending up on the RVR I’m inclined to agree with a ban. However long I’m not certain.
just ban Malmotek off the ******* site and call it a day, it's not like he has a stellar record as is.
He didn't. He should probably get the ban
And of course, my opinion is that he should be banned. In addition to just being constantly toxic, combative, and difficult, he publicized my full name under the flimsy guise of "not believing it was actually me" even though my name was blurred out of the first video and he had to seek my name on other videos from my account, and did not remove it when I called him out for doxxing me and proceeded to mock me for it.

I don't think someone like that is a good fit for the site and he's clearly had lots of issues before. I'll let the staff decide from there.

"I don't believe that's an interview you did. You got any proof?"

"It is one I did because I say so and it's on my channel. I have no reason to prove anything to you."

"I still don't believe you then. So, anyway, here's a transcript of the interview between [random person; footnote for legal name] and [relatively prominent personality]."

"Dude you doxxed me."

"What? I never believed that was ever actually you. That's just some rando to me."

"You knew that it was me, because...I just know you knew you did!"
I have been a participant on the Animal Man cosmology thread for a fairly long time at this point, and feel this gives me better contextual knowledge than an average user. If this is not grounds enough to give input on this report, I apologise, and please feel free to delete this comment

When Deagonx was claiming to be the person you gave the LEGAL NAME of, you should’ve realised that even if you did not buy their claim, you could be doing something stupid by listing their name. In the scenario Deagonx was telling the truth, which they were, you WOULD have doxxed them, and you subsequently did. I understand you did not believe Deagonx’s claim that they were the other party in the interview, but you should’ve had the sense to realise giving the full name of a person that someone on the wiki was outright claiming to be was stupid and dangerous

this is all buying the claim they didn’t believe Deagonx was the person in the video in the first place, which itself is another rabbit hole to go down to see if that claim has any truth to it. Your actions were reckless and dangerous at best and malicious and appalling at worst

Last edited:
Ok, I just got back from a weekly live voice chat gaming session with a friend and see things haven't gotten any better for Malomtek. I have permanently banned him for the following reason.

Was reported numerous times for his hostility and drama and resorted to publicly sharing another user's real name without consent.

If another Admin thinks that's too harsh, we may discuss that, but this topic doesn't need to be dragged on any further aside from other staff thoughts. But sharing name without content is still doxxing in a sense, so I think the permabanned is earned.

Ok, I just got back from a weekly live voice chat gaming session with a friend and see things haven't gotten any better for Malomtek. I have permanently banned him for the following reason.

Was reported numerous times for his hostility and drama and resorted to publicly sharing another user's real name without consent.

If another Admin thinks that's too harsh, we may discuss that, but this topic doesn't need to be dragged on any further aside from other staff thoughts. But sharing name without content is still doxxing in a sense, so I think the permabanned is earned.
Thanks a lot, Medeus.

If you wouldn't mind clearing out the comments about the debacle that just happened, I would appreciate it. I'd like to avoid his 2nd doxxing remaining a public spectacle

The main ones have been deleted but there are little bits and pieces in the comments that surrounded it.

If it isn't too big of an ask I'd just like it to be nuked and we can all move on. But if that's not okay then alright
How about I just delete any comments from the beginning of the conversation?

Up to you. I think the initial discussion me and the mods participated in isn't a big deal, for posterity sake. I am mostly concerned about the 2nd dox attempt at the end of the last page and beginning of this one.

Well, Pikaman is generally a well-behaved member at least, and made a constructive message above.

I don't remember RandomGuy being a problem either.

Is it possible to only ban any of them from this particular thread for a specific time period?

I'm honestly just also gonna report @Pikaman for unnecessarily jumping into the thread and help cluttering it the absolute **** out, we have ******* rules, stated multiple times over half a ******* year at this point, and y'all still put up this dumb a display.
I cannot speak for Random and Jibz from a personal standpoint. But I was very careful with this report to maintain that all of my comments were either the first comment to debunk a certain point, or looked at a new aspect of the issue at hand. In addition, when I first joined this report, I posted my reasoning for involving myself, and expressed that staff were free to delete any of my comments that were unhelpful, of which I believe only a small handful of mine had to be, mostly as a result of being Ninja’d. I did make comments that did not contribute to this thread, to temporarily explain further to members such as Malomtek. In these instances, I made sure to delete these messages once I knew they had been read by the person they were directed towards. I understand how 3 different members could have clogged up the thread, and again, I cannot speak personally for Random and Jibz, but I think my personal comments made valuable contributions to this thread, failed to derail it, and I deleted any messages that did not fall under this category for the most part. I apologise if I caused any confusion, but I don’t think my behaviour on this report is even remotely deserving of a ban, and honestly I feel even a thread ban is unfair on me too, I feel like I’ve been lumped in with the possible derailment of others just because I wasn’t directly involved with the issue as well, regardless of the validity/worth of my contributions to this report. Of course though decision is staff’s, and if I have without realising caused them grievance in getting through this report by posting unhelpful messages, then I of course apologise

I'm honestly just also gonna report @RandomGuy2345, @Pikaman and @Jibz for unnecessarily jumping into the thread and help cluttering it the absolute **** out, we have ******* rules, stated multiple times over half a ******* year at this point, and y'all still put up this dumb a display.

I think Jibz and RandomGuy may have been warned prior.
Please don't report me over something I literally apologized for.

I posted that comment, but it was then deleted by a staff member.

Once again, don't report me over something I already apologized about. Thank you.

I'm honestly just also gonna report @RandomGuy2345, @Pikaman and @Jibz for unnecessarily jumping into the thread and help cluttering it the absolute **** out, we have ******* rules, stated multiple times over half a ******* year at this point, and y'all still put up this dumb a display.

I think Jibz and RandomGuy may have been warned prior.
All ive done is a rightfully say what Malo did wasn’t doxxing because nobody else pointed it out, and it was a false narrative, and then the next thing i did was tell someone else they shouldnt be conversating inthe rvr.

Yeah, im maintaining the stance ive done nothing wrong. If it wasn’t for misinfo i wouldnt be saying anything.

Back