• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

To ask, it allowed to make edits based upon proposed revisions from an uncommented thread?
No, but given that your thread was only about applying accepted calculation results for an obscure verse in lack of proper attention, I am not sure if you needed a content revision thread in this particular case.

I am not sure where exactly to draw the line in such situations. What do the rest of our staff here think?

If basically nobody else cares about the verse and it's not something like updating a 9-C verse to 3-B, go ahead

Well, I definitely wouldn't make such a generalised permission. I was strictly talking about revisions that are only based on uncontroversial accepted calculations that do not contradict previous calculations for the same feats or similar.

it's fine in this case, anyway, especially after trying to get attention and failing

Yes, but generally speaking, people always need staff evaluations and permission to apply content revisions. Uncontroversial accepted calculations would be a special exception.

So like I had to laugh at that because I know Mitch and he knows me as well but for someone to report me when it’s not the actual person I’m talking to tell me that the person thought he/she was a white knight or wants to put their own experience on others when they don’t know a darn thing about my friendship with the other

But yeah ig I’ll stop even if it has nothing to do with outside interference

No CTR Changes, by James Plays 4 Games

I mostly just see added context, mostly harmless edits. Though ability additions still have content revision preferences yeah. Plus James is a good user from my experience.
-Ability to break the fourth wall to BF & GF,
-Weaknesses in the pages of BF & Monster,
-Monster Intelligence Change,
-Monster optional equipment.

No CTR Changes, by James Plays 4 Games
I mostly just see added context, mostly harmless edits. Though ability additions still have content revision preferences yeah. Plus James is a good user from my experience.
-Ability to break the fourth wall to BF & GF,
-Weaknesses in the pages of BF & Monster,
-Monster Intelligence Change,
-Monster optional equipment.
That shouldn't exactly be encouraged but they're relatively minor changes for non-controversial characters.

Though, I guess he could be firmly reminded that any actu rating changes and not further elaboration should at least be discussed in a CRT first.
@James_Plays_4_Games

Reporting Glassman. They're being very obtuse and stubborn in their judgment of a character's skills/hax/abilities. Here, multiple people have debunked their points, but they refused to back down and to accept they're wrong. They have displayed their ignorance multiple times. This isn't anything ban-worthy of course, but please tell them to mind their business. They also accused us of things we didn't do.

Last edited:
Reporting Glassman. They're being very obtuse and stubborn in their judgment of a character's skills/hax/abilities. Here, multiple people have debunked their points, but they refused to back down and to accept they're wrong. They have displayed their ignorance multiple times. This isn't anything ban-worthy of course, but please tell them to mind their business. They also accused us of things we didn't do.
I refused to participate in that Vs thread since I knew it would turn into a toxic crap fest.

I've read through all it (twice) and honestly neither side is far from blameless; the disrespectful attitudes, the arrogance and the stonewalling is pretty self-evident tbh.

This isn't anything ban-worthy of course, but please tell them to mind their business. They also accused us of things we didn't do.
That's a horrible attitude to have, considering the thread initially turned into FRA train when barely any Final Fantasy supporters showed up to make their arguments I'll imagine somewhat put off by Anos' reputation and then the thread was initially requested to be closed before @Theglassman12 could get all they questions answered or make a proper full argument for Exdeath (Ofc when the Vs thread continued onwards that's when things went downhill and both sides got unnecessarily heated).

Either way the toxicity, the derailment, the whataboutism (Is it mandatory for Arceus to be mentioned in almost all 2-A Vs threads?), etc. Both sides need to chill and remember its FICTION, we're debating with people online over character's whose ratings vary greatly across the subjective nature of the Vs community, it's ment to be just a FUN causal hobby not a means to insult people you don't really know, people have had to leave the wiki or take long breaks from it (myself included) because how overwhelming Vs debating can get to the point they get burned out from it.

At this point a warning or heck just light slap on the wrist might be in order for the unhelpful behaviours and for those who contributed to the derailment but that's probably just me.

Perhaps a bigger issue is Anos may need to get match banned since this isn't the first Vs thread that caused this level of drama (involving the character in question) plus his infamous reputation both on and off the VSBW on top of potential future upgrades making arguments in the intial Vs thread mute but I'll leave that to up the staff to decide.

That's all I'm going to say on the matter, cya!

Last edited:
I'm on the same side regarding banning Anos matches, i never participated on his matches but i can see how much atrocious his reputation both on and off the VSBW
As for the rest i'm neutral so i'm leaving to a more trusted staffs

thats all and i'm going back to the corner observing this thread#leaving

Wasn't this match-up(Anos vs Exdeath) originally made to determine which spot would each other take in the top 5 strongest because of recent ff upgrades back in late 2021 and early 2022. idk what revived the thread anyway but this drama wasn't solely because of one-sided misconduct
Guys, we have a rule, normal users don't comment here unless they are involved in a report. But anyway already comment so i agree with Anos match ban.
as this involves match banning Anos. the supporters should also have a say with this and should be involved in this report

Back