• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

Straw Hat, I've deleted that message because it's an unnecessary comment. The report has been dealt with, so we don't need extra observations like that made in this thread.

• Do not derail the Rule Violation Threads with irrelevant nonsense or internal disputes. It is solely for making serious, warranted reports of violations of the Site, Discussion, and Editing Rules, and not for discussion or side comments. Such posts should preferably be removed by the staff, and if a member continues to derail after being repeatedly told to stop, this will result in a temporary ban.

I want to play a bit the advocate of the devil and say that after reading the discussion it really looked like DbzDB2 was baiting Timmy to get a reaction.
In the thread of the discussion, a thread dedicated to One Punch Man, he started to heavily insult My Hero Academia, calling it trash and a manga for 9 year olds, basically saying that anyone that likes it must be a child.
After that, he started to bring up One Piece for apparently no reasons, another manga Timmy likes for what I know, saying that it was trash too.
Than he challenged Timmy by saying that he had no authority, which while true it's also important to say that the discussion that was happening was actually off-topic for the thread considering that DbzDB2 was talking about MHA and OP in a thread dedicated to One Punch Man, so Timmy was actually right in asking to stop derailing the argument.
So, while Timmy's reaction is definitely exagerated and against the rules of the site, this reaction was brought up by a series of comments that can be seen as insulting, or at least that looked extremely rude in my opinion.
I agree that Timmy deserve a punishment for his excessive reaction, but I also think that 6 months are a bit too much considering all of the above.

I want to play a bit the advocate of the devil and say that after reading the discussion it really looked like DbzDB2 was baiting Timmy to get a reaction.
This is entirely wrong. I was just expressing opinions of manga I myself don't like. I am not some sort of wizard who magically knows about every manga Timmy specifically likes, and then decide to go after them. That's ridiculous. I don't know enough about Timmy's life, nor do I care about his life that much to do something like that. He simply couldn't stand it when other people think a manga he loves is bad. But that's just how opinions are. I wasn't the only one criticizing manga. IIRC, Timmy also criticized manga, saying that Demon slayer is bad and whatnot

EDIT: looks like it's concluded. I will stop with this discussion as well.

Last edited:
This is entirely wrong. I was just expressing opinions of manga I myself don't like. I am not some sort of wizard who magically knows about every manga Timmy specifically likes, and then decide to go after them. That's ridiculous. I don't know enough about Timmy's life, nor do I care about his life that much to do something like that. He simply couldn't stand it when other people think a manga he loves his bad. But that's just how opinions are.
Timmy constantly have MHA images as profile pictures. I never interacted with him once, but I instantly understood that it was one of his favorite mangas.
Also, I want to say that there are different ways of expressing opinions, and your ways are definitely rude. Saying that a manga or a piece of fiction in general is trash and made for 9 years old childrens is not a mature way to express an opinion, and can be seen as an insult by many people that read your comments.
I am not saying that you baited him into a reaction with malicious intents, but its also true that under my point of view your words appeared as a way to have a reaction from Timmy, especially considering that he was in the right when he was asking not to derail the thread.
But its useless to continue the argument considering that the decisions has been already made, so we can end the discussion here.

Yes, please do not continue this discussion here. Thank you.
My apologies for continuing, but on second thought, I think that 6 months seems too harsh, given that he was apparently provoked, and seemed to otherwise be a productive member who helps out with calculations.

Would 3 months instead be acceptable?

Last edited:
My apologies for continuing, but on second thought, I think that 6 months seemed too harsh, given that he was apparently provoked, and seemed to otherwise be a productive member who helps out with calculations.

Would 3 months instead be acceptable?
If a few other staff members agree with a reduction to 3 months, I'll agree to that, but at the moment I do not think so. Timmy has a history of this kind of behaviour and he was warned and seemingly did not listen to the warning.

Producing calculations may make him a contributor to the wiki but it does not redeem his behaviour on the threads.

Looking back, I definitely agree with lowering the ban period, mainly because it appears that it was actually DbzDB2 the one that started provoking Timmy.

The first comment was made by ByAsura that asked which is a good shonen protagonist in the opinion of other users.
Timmy replied saying that Deku or Bakugo can be considered good shonen characters, to which DbzDB2 replied with an unnecessarily rude comment by saying that they are trash.
Timmy tried to keep it cool by saying that he didn't think that and provided some argument of why Deku wasn't a bad character.
After that, DbzDB2 replied saying that MHA is trash and made for childrens, a comment made to get a reaction.
Despite that, Timmy ignored the comment and tried to keep himself calm, and in fact didn't even replied, but DbzDB2 continued his derailment by bringing One Piece up for no real reason.
It's after this comments that Timmy said him to drop it, to which DbzDB2 told him that he had no authority, causing Timmy's reaction.

The one that started provoking and causing the derailment in the first place was DbzDB2, which also made comments that in my opinion could be seen as flame and unnecessarily rude.
The reaction of Timmy was definitely exaggerated, but not unprovoked at all and DbzDB2 is at fault as much as Timmy in my opinion.

Looking back, I definitely agree with lowering the ban period, mainly because it appears that it was actually DbzDB2 the one that started provoking Timmy.

The first comment was made by ByAsura that asked which is a good shonen protagonist in the opinion of other users.
Timmy replied saying that Deku or Bakugo can be considered good shonen characters, to which DbzDB2 replied with an unnecessarily rude comment by saying that they are trash.
Timmy tried to keep it cool by saying that he didn't think that and provided some argument of why Deku wasn't a bad character.
After that, DbzDB2 replied saying that MHA is trash and made for childrens, a comment made to get a reaction.
Despite that, Timmy ignored the comment and tried to keep himself calm, and in fact didn't even replied, but DbzDB2 continued his derailment by bringing One Piece up for no real reason.
It's after this comments that Timmy said him to drop it, to which DbzDB2 told him that he had no authority, causing Timmy's reaction.

The one that started provoking and causing the derailment in the first place was DbzDB2, which also made comments that in my opinion could be seen as flame and unnecessarily rude.
The reaction of Timmy was definitely exaggerated, but not unprovoked at all and DbzDB2 is at fault as much as Timmy in my opinion.
I have to agree this is not "expressing opinions" this is more of a hate rant.

Well, i totally agree with ThanatosX, while Timmy was uncalled for, DbzDB2 was no better even though he doesn't directly aim at Timmy. So i think lower the ban seem reasonable. Also i think a warning at DbzDB2 is necessary, while he not insult Timmy by all mean, provoking action was uncalled for, he needs a warning to not repeat all there provoking actions in the future

If you're going to give me a warning for saying that MHA and One Piece is trash, then you better give a warning to pretty much everyone on that thread since a bunch of other people said stuff like "demon slayer is trash" "Black Clover is trash" "etc". We were all just expressing opinions of which manga we like, and don't like. Is that not freedom of speech? Is hating on a manga really hate speech? I thought racism was hate speech. And I really had no idea that Timmy was that much of a fanboy of these mangas.

I don't think that a warning is necessary, but since the banned user was provoked, and usually seems to help out, a 6 months block is likely exaggerated.

Also, weren't we supposed to lessen somebody else's block from infinite to the remaining part of his original year-long ban as well?

Do you remember more about that @DarkDragonMedeus ?

No. This is where I draw the line. I'm done with letting you ruin my image again and again. I have no idea why you're targeting me, but I draw the line where you try to decide what MY intentions were. You do not know my mind, you do not know me as a person, you are a stranger. Do not say that I was doing anything to provoke timmy and say that I am at fault as much as him, someone who called me a dick, said I have no social life, no friends, am too old to be on vs battles, that I should get a job, all because I said he doesn't have the authority to dictate what can and cannot be discussed on a discussion thread.

Timmy and I are absolutely not the same. Just because I said a couple bad things about a manga does not mean we are the same. I did not try to provoke him, and I simply brought up those manga because we there was already a discussion going on about mangas we like and dont like.

If you read the times, Timmy replied "Deku" at literally the exact same time as me saying "Deku is a bad character". I didn't even see his comment. If we're using your logic, ByAsura is the one who started the whole discussion on which manga protagonist is good or bad. I simply participated in it.

Last edited:
I criticized, albeit harshly, manga he likes. Which I didn't even know he likes. He replied with curse words and personal attacks, including ageist gatekeeping, and telling me to pay my own rent. That is very insulting and you know whats the biggest problem. He had ABSOLUTELY no clue that he had done anything wrong. When ByAsura warned him, he said "what did I even do?". He refused to admit he even called me names, right after calling me a dick. The guy believes that if someone insults a series he likes, that kind of action is perfectly fine.

You haven't done anything particularly bad, no. We will not give you a ban or warning.

If you're going to be on an online forum which literally is all about anime and other fictional works, you better be prepared to hear some criticism about your favourite series. Not everyone is going to magically know which series is your favourites, then do their best to avoid criticizing it. The world isn't that pretty. We have the freedom of speech to criticize manga. This isn't hate speech. There are like thousands of people on this site, if we had to make sure nobody's feeling was ever hurt, we wouldn't be able to say a single thing about any manga. And we can only lie to each other and sugarcoat and say good things, which I don't think is genuine.

I'm not sure how Dbz's initial posts are supposed to mitigate what Timmy did.

Again if more staff members think lowering the block is warranted then fair enough, but for me 6 months for Timmy's repeated behaviour seems fair.

I really don't understand why Timmy is allowed to say "Demon Slayer is terrible". Yes, he did say that. And then I say MHA is terrible and suddenly I'm the bad guy and Timmy is allowed to cuss at me. When someone said "Demon slayer ******* sucks", timmy reacted by liking the post. When I said MHA sucks, he reacted by insulting me heavily.

...honestly I disagree most of the things Dbz2 said is bad, except for fandom-bashing, comparing them to children, essentially

Saying some media is bad in a general discussion isn't exactly worth any personal insults, you go on comics threads basically everyone except me has hot takes to voice on CRTs, let alone discussions.

Like attacking the fandom ITSELF and generalizing it I think is the problematic bit in general kinda elitist and should be asked to stop right then and there, which, @DbzDB2 can you stop being Scorsese over cartoons? Anyone can enjoy whatever they like, it's rare as shit you're enjoying high art or something, and don't go around shit-talking fandoms. Consider this a warning.

I think Timmy's ban should be lowered to 3 months, more manageable, and DbzDB2 should be given a warming, which I just did right now.

Last edited:
Back