• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

He should be warned to tone down his behavior, and that when making a point, he should specify/elaborate his points more, and as well as stop derailing or causing a derailment, because people constantly misunderstand his statements, and sees his behavior as unproductive and disruptive. For example, here or here, while they are generally harmless, short and pointless, others did not perceive it that way, because of the lack of context. And as well as some unproductive remarks that others consider as derailing the thread. He's either constantly misunderstood or disruptive, and RVR reports about him are starting to unnecessarily flood the RVR thread because of those elements, and this will eventually need to stop happening.

Someone could also give him an encouragement for him to avoid being disruptive and unproductive in discussions, regardless if it is intentional or not.

You can reword it the way you like.

I also tried looking for other evidences for his warning, but others aren't really report-worthy, and digging about reports and warnings in his past seems kind of irrelevant to the current reports about him, as they vary case by case.

Okay. Is somebody else in our staff willing to handle giving Garchomp777 a warning please?

Real life is really getting in the way for me. I don't want to talk about it here though.

Could the Archie Sonic characters be match banned? People are putting them against really OP characters or just spiting them in general due to the Low 1-C upgrades. They should likely be match banned for 3 weeks or so

I don't see a reason why we should ban them. Almost all popular, and semi popular verses that get upgraded will have stomp matches right after the upgrade, it's no surprise. There are no versus threads that don't have a stomp thread, and most vs threads that I have seen aren't spite, but people just not understanding the power difference.

Also, this ain't the place to discuss this. I think all purpose thread is better.

I don't see a reason why we should ban them. Almost all popular, and semi popular verses that get upgraded will have stomp matches right after the upgrade, it's no surprise. There are no versus threads that don't have a stomp thread, and most vs threads that I have seen aren't spite, but people just not understanding the power difference.

Also, this ain't the place to discuss this. I think all purpose thread is better.
Fine I guess

We had a precedent case with Demonbane, when the massive downgrade happend. Demonbane had a good 20 spite matches in the span of a day, due to the massive downgrade and due to a general dislike towards the series ("P*dobane"). So if Sonic reaches similar amounts of spite, when a matchban should definitly be considered, just so people get used to the new rating before going crazy.

From what I can tell, it isn't intentional spite, besides a few exceptions. It is more people testing out his new power on the characters they know, however, most people only know the strongest characters in those Tiers so you can imagine what happens.

Should probably just be warned and instructed about rules and CRTs. Not an expert on the page they edited but they don't seem to be a vandal.
Now IMO I kinda understand what they were trying to say about "Supernatural Condition" but I don't think it's a necessary page or even a thing at all, if he wants that page to be added he should be told to make a CRT and people can discuss it.

From what I can tell, it isn't intentional spite, besides a few exceptions. It is more people testing out his new power on the characters they know, however, most people only know the strongest characters in those Tiers so you can imagine what happens.
If thats the case then yeah, dont matchban him. Just saying that matchbanning pages for a few days IS a valid response when things get out of hand.

Super Natural Condition just sounds like an unspecified status and a huge NLF. And the edit looks like more like big naivety rather than troll/vandalism. So I think a warning is better yes. Which I have taken care of.

Since he is a new member who instantly significantly changed the statistics for several profile pages, I blocked him for a year.

I’m with AKM, strange behavior aside I don’t know if the profile was vandalized. It could’ve been an accident that the user probably didn’t know how to fix and another user saw it in recent activity and attempted to fix it. It would help to know what exactly was edited out since “1,000 characters”, while obviously significant, is somewhat vague.

I honestly find this one a bit weird, but to expand on the edit that happened: he replaced the entirety of the Powers and Stats section of a Witcher character with a brief discussion on parallel universes in Dark Souls. I honestly couldn't tell you if it was a troll action or not because it is simply too bizarre. I'd say hold off on pulling the trigger for now.

Is somebody willing to give him a warning then?

I think this user might be a sock puppet of the user Starlynn and Underneath Somethinghttps://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:Underneath_somthing
oh yeah. i just remembered that this happened. let's see...
This is due to their grammar of upper case and less lower case
i don't think i actually used upper case that much, i mostly just capitalized the first letter of each sentence and name (which is just proper grammar), at least until i gave up and switched to 100% lowercase
and they also rage comments as well as shown here that he raged at us
i was persistent about whether or not a character should have a page, so you decided to permaban me. i think it goes without saying, but that sort of experience can leave a bad taste in a person's mouth. how dare i try to not get permabanned for being stubborn.

also, ya know who else accuses people of being sockpuppets of starlynn with little to no evidence? pandimensionalbeing042. that's right baby, mikebro is a pan sockpuppet, your argument is invalid

Back