• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

Is this the conclusion of the report then or...?

I would've answered the questions on my part but it seems like Chariot already pointed out what I've done wrong. I just don't wanna be known as the guy who "fakes pixel scaling", because I've geniunely never done that.
Yeah, I wasn't aware that MS Paint had anything so scuffed.

We uh. We probably should go through pretty much all of your calculations, though, if you've just been reading straight up the wrong thing for pixel count this entire time.

Like, if he mistook the values like that.
That gets 122px, and I def could've slapped an extra 2-3px on the big green one depending where and when he begin drawing line in particular (they overlap, obv cant tell).

Of course, this is like, not what these numbers mean, at all, they're not the "true" line lengths, but I can kinda see what happened because this shit happens all the time for new calcers stuck using the travesty that is MS paint.

As someone who uses almost just MS Paint for calcs, I think that's mainly just the fact that the user didn't know about these values being how far the line stretches across the ordinate and abscissa, with the real lenght being got through the Pythagorean Theorem.

Thus, if the line is "100 x 56", then the true lenght is sqrt((100^2) + (56^2)) or around 114.61 px.

Back