• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

I find myself fatigued by this situation and don't have much enthusiasm to continue.

Strym did wrong, whether knowingly or otherwise, and the trend seems to be most people have come to a short ban or a warning.

Fuji did wrong, most certainly knowingly but on a lesser scale, after many instances in the past of intentionally stirring the pot. I dislike that this is the pot being stirred that results in the aforementioned camel's back being broken, but I think it is, intentionally kicking the hornet's nest on a delicate issue because the individual involved will not be punished to the highest extreme is unallowable.

I remain accepting of Strym getting either a lighter ban (anything short of 3 months) and will be contented with a final warning. He has done much to apologize, and had done so in the past when the time for jokes was over. I may have been too harsh in my initial estimation of him.

Fuji doesn't apologize and is unlikely to do so now. In my view, I doubt such behavior will realistically stop or be lessened on our current trajectory. Therefore, I am in favor of a ban of some short amount: a month would do. Some sort of action, with greater actions pursued in the future for future offenses.

I am very tired of this place, and will hopefully not respond again in the immediate future unless it is desperately important.

DarkGrath:

For how long do you think that we should ban Strym and Fujiwara respectively?
I would advocate for lenient bans for both. I would prefer to have this be short-term see if the issues brought up here will improve after that time, in place of a harsher punishment we might normally apply in a different context. A month for Strym and 2 weeks for Fuji I believe would be acceptable.

I would advocate for lenient bans for both. I would prefer to have this be short-term see if the issues brought up here will improve after that time, in place of a harsher punishment we might normally apply in a different context. A month for Strym and 2 weeks for Fuji I believe would be acceptable.
It doesn’t seem like further discussion will lead to anything, so I think applying this as a compromise solution and moving on would be best.

I find myself fatigued by this situation and don't have much enthusiasm to continue.

Strym did wrong, whether knowingly or otherwise, and the trend seems to be most people have come to a short ban or a warning.

Fuji did wrong, most certainly knowingly but on a lesser scale, after many instances in the past of intentionally stirring the pot. I dislike that this is the pot being stirred that results in the aforementioned camel's back being broken, but I think it is, intentionally kicking the hornet's nest on a delicate issue because the individual involved will not be punished to the highest extreme is unallowable.

I remain accepting of Strym getting either a lighter ban (anything short of 3 months) and will be contented with a final warning. He has done much to apologize, and had done so in the past when the time for jokes was over. I may have been too harsh in my initial estimation of him.

Fuji doesn't apologize and is unlikely to do so now. In my view, I doubt such behavior will realistically stop or be lessened on our current trajectory. Therefore, I am in favor of a ban of some short amount: a month would do. Some sort of action, with greater actions pursued in the future for future offenses.

I am very tired of this place, and will hopefully not respond again in the immediate future unless it is desperately important.
I agree with Bambu, and am very sorry that he has grown tired from this entire situation. 🙏❤️
This seems like a reasonable solution, so I I support it. Thank you for helping out. 🙏❤️

I agree with Bambu, and am very sorry that he has grown tired from this entire situation. 🙏❤️

This seems like a reasonable solution, so I I support it. Thank you for helping out. 🙏❤️
You have to make your instance clear...
Do you agree with bambu who agrees with one month ban for fujiwara and do you agree with grath who proposed 2 weeks ban? Here is something that does not add up and I would also like to know what grath says about what glassman asked, since it is true that we have to consider the time a user has already been banned previously.

On a similar note, what was the duration of Strym's last ban? I think previous ban lengths should be considered when banning someone for a second time, but honestly I've said all I've needed to by this point

Last ban was 2 months, so if we’re increasing lengths from previous bans I suppose it’d have to be 3 months for Strym.

You have to make your instance clear...
Do you agree with bambu who agrees with one month ban for fujiwara and do you agree with grath who proposed 2 weeks ban? Here is something that does not add up and I would also like to know what grath says about what glassman asked, since it is true that we have to consider the time a user has already been banned previously.
My apologies. I meant that I agree with Bambu's sentiments and DarkGrath's suggested ban times, but I personally think that 1 month for Fujiwara, due to a cumulative effect of apparently repeatedly deliberately causing controversy that is destabilising for our community, seems reasonable as well. 🙏

However, I think that our administrators can evaluate whether they think it is appropriate to ban Strym for 1 month or 2 months, and Fujiwara for 2 weeks or 1 month.

I stated this before - I would like this to be a lenient, short-term ban intentionally. I want this to be a chance for them to take a short time away and see if they can improve once they are back. I'm aware these are not as strong punishments as certain aspects of the context may warrant, but I don't think it is necessary, or efficacious for this purpose, to extend the bans out far beyond what I've suggested. I stand by my original statement.

Okay. On second thought I think that 1 month for Fujiwara seems appropriate, given the sheer number of past incidents, combined with her deliberate intent to cause destabilisation to our community, and her unforgiving and unreasonable absolutism.

And although Strym has sincerely apologised, and as such likely did not act out of hatred or genuine ill will, his sum total offences are still considerably worse, so maybe 2 months would be appropriate in his case? I am not certain though, as they were committed offsite.

Delving into this case is the last thing I'd want to do for the sake of my mental health but a few people wanted me to share my opinion nonetheless, so here goes nothing.

I'm not sure why we're giving harsher punishments for Strym but lenience towards Fujiwara. Both of them have made distasteful jokes that are discriminatory and anyone can consider it offensive. Strym was banned for 2 months because of off-site harassment against ImmortalDread which had nothing to do with blurting enflamed nonchalant jabs. He hasn't committed the same offence as constantly and deliberately harassing another user off-site; his remarks towards Curry were insolent but it doesn't fall into the category of systematic persecution. If considering past offences as a precedent towards current cases without taking in the relevancy then @Twisted_Little_Raven should've been permabanned rather than given a 2-week ban + 2 months ban for non-recurring offences -- my point is that we don't do things this way; we need to determine if the current case has any correlation towards the past offence(s) in-order enact a harsher punishment.

Second of all, Strym has apologised for his off-site offences and comments; Fuji did not apologise for her derogatory distasteful nudges that were posted publicly on-site. As inferred in previous statements by Antvasima and Dereck03, Fujiwara has been reported and filed for her toxicity multiple times. Why is Strym considered a harsher punishment than Fujiwara? I don't understand at all. And as Dereck questioned, where's the equality in this handlement?

I, as a content mod, have no stake in the case but as a managing staff member, I feel like I should express my opinions on the management of this case and the precedents we are setting. I'd expect we'd at least give equal punishments to both of the accused -- 1 month of ban for both parties is fine.

Last edited:
Second of all, Strym has apologised for his off-site offences and comments; Fuji did not apologise for her derogatory distasteful nudges that were posted publicly on-site. As inferred in previous statements by Antvasima and Dereck03, Fujiwara has been reported and filed for her toxicity multiple times. Why is Strym considered a harsher punishment than Fujiwara? I don't understand at all. Just like Dereck questioned, where's the equality in this handlement?
Let me simplify this for you:
  • No cis person has ever been attacked, killed, or otherwise discriminated against on the basis of being cis. They are not an oppressed group.
  • Over the past few years, in the United States alone, dozens of laws have been passed attempting to criminalize the mere existence of transgender people and violent attacks on the community happen with alarming frequency. I have personally had family members attack and attempt to kill me because they thought I might be trans. I had to run away from home for the sake of my own life and have not spoken to any of my relatives in over 4 years because of this.
These things are not equal. I often tell people to not try and compare oppression, but there is a key difference here in that cis people experience no discrimination on the basis of their gender identity.

Let me simplify this for you:
  • No cis person has ever been attacked, killed, or otherwise discriminated against on the basis of being cis. They are not an oppressed group.
  • Over the past few years, in the United States alone, dozens of laws have been passed attempting to criminalize the mere existence of transgender people and violent attacks on the community happen with alarming frequency. I have personally had family members attack and attempt to kill me because they thought I might be trans. I had to run away from home for the sake of my own life and have not spoken to any of my relatives in over 4 years because of this.
These things are not equal. I often tell people to not try and compare oppression, but there is a key difference here in that cis people experience no discrimination on the basis of their gender identity.
Fuji, with all due respect, this case revolves around the behaviour of you and Strym. If Strym really is a transphobe then that's a completely different story and should be handled differently but we currently do not have enough evidence to be certain that his mind purely revolves around hostile bigotry. Your comments can potentially raise political tangents so I'll not discuss about it here, but one thing I'll point out is that from a moral standpoint: it is right to treat all groups as equal whether they are a minority, oppressed, or not.

Though personally, I do genuinely apologise for the misfortune and tragedy you have gone through just for being a transgender person and I understand your feelings if your experiences were true. I myself and my family have been through discrimination during the COVID era, but it isn't right for me to think that we Chinese need to be more favoured and prestigiously treated better than other ethnic groups just because we've gone through hate crimes.

Fuji, with all due respect, this case revolves around the behaviour of you and Strym. If Strym really is a transphobe then that's a completely different story and should be handled differently but we currently do not have enough evidence to be certain that his mind purely revolves around hostile bigotry.
"Not enough evidence" my brother in christ we have multiple comments of him stating he hates trans people, doesn't think they exist, and he's intentionally misgendered them both specifically (in regards to me) and in broad strokes. When people tell you who they are, listen.

Garrixian, Antvasima directly instructed that only admins and bureaucrats were to provide further input. I can only imagine it was to avoid further this exact thing: the needless provocation of more drama. Do not continue to go back and forth with Fuji on this matter in the RVR.
As a staff member, I have the right to express my thoughts on this matter and an admin even asked me to express my opinion here. The directions and discussions regarding this are indeed up to admins and thread moderators, but I hope you all consider my words. I'll back off this case, of course, already said I have no stake in determining where this will go.

I would rather not come back to this but I feel discussion has come to a close, and not finishing this invites unnecessary drama. We drown in unnecessary drama, we don't need more.

As far as I can tell, the following stances are relevant and the last stated opinion of the relevant members:

Glass: Fuji 1 month, Strym 2 months
Damage: Fuji 1 month, Strym 2-3 months
Ant: Fuji 1 month, Strym 2 months
Dereck: Fuji 1 month, Strym 2 months
Mav: Fuji 2 weeks, Strym 1 month
Grath: Fuji 2 weeks, Strym 1 month
Bambu: Fuji 1 month, Strym 3 months or less
Deagonx: Threadban Fuji from Pet Peeves, Strym 2 months
Abstractions: Nobody gets banned (final warning)
Lephyr: Nobody gets banned (final warning)
DDM: Nobody gets banned (final warning)
Propellus: No stance on Fuji, Strym 6 months
The conclusion one draws from this is that Fujiwara will be banned for 1 month, and Strym will be banned for 2. I'm going to put through the bans now.

The conclusion one draws from this is that Fujiwara will be banned for 1 month, and Strym will be banned for 2. I'm going to put through the bans now.
Just so we are all clear - we are actually punishing Strym for off-site commentary through and through with this decision, as I 100% believe that not even Artorimachi (the person on the receiving end of Strym's call for suicide) is even truly upset about it at this point in time, as they verifiably confirmed to have accepted his apology whenever Strym did apologize (we share servers, I can see the conversations). If they had been they wouldn't have piled it on to this report that occurred months later and would have had a proxy post it on their behalf much earlier, where I think it would have actually mattered more.

I'm personally impartial to the guy, but I do believe he has been punished for nothing that has actually bled into his on-site conduct as of now.

Thank you for helping out, Bambu. 🙏

Also, I am very sorry about how your family and society have extremely severely undeservedly mistreated you, Fujiwara, and understand that you are under very serious stress because of this. 🙏❤️💖

I am personally uncertain if we should have banned Strym for 1 or 2 months, especially given his apology, but if I remember correctly there was a suicide encouragement toward another member involved as well.

However, at the end of the day, we are not an experienced court of law, that can find perfectly proportionate perfect solution punishments for all transgressions. We are just trying our best anyway, and this turned into a very complicated mess for us to attempt to solve, with no perfect solutions that make everybody happy available. 🙏

Last edited:
I would rather not come back to this but I feel discussion has come to a close, and not finishing this invites unnecessary drama. We drown in unnecessary drama, we don't need more.

As far as I can tell, the following stances are relevant and the last stated opinion of the relevant members:

This is a reasonable approach in my eyes.

I'd also like to possibly push a warning to @Robo432343 to not make blatant stomp or mismatch threads that end up in toxicity such as this one. Chariot had pointed out that Robo has made quite a lot of mismatches or stomps akin to this one and (although this is merely a statement from Chariot not actually Robo himself) that he knows what he's doing.

That is all I'm getting from this thread, I will reply no longer and leave it to the staff.
i would like to bring this up this guy keep making matches even when we told him or her (I'm not sure what is his/her pronounce) we have on going revision threads , that's all I won't commenting about this further

i would like to bring this up this guy keep making matches even when we told him or her (I'm not sure what is his/her pronounce) we have on going revision threads ,
you guys never told me about the revisions and i haven't made a rimuru match in like 5 months???
that's all I won't commenting about this further
you should have never commented in the first place

now you created more drama for no reason

i should be the one reporting you for pinging me for no reason and trying to add more fuel to the fire
you clearly saw that there are more important matters going on in this thread but you still decided to bring up and necro an irrelevant topic
Also Goku solos

Last edited:
reporting @Ped2018 for this comment

I feel like it's self-explanatory.
Excuse me for asking, by why is it self-expanatory? Is showing extreme hate towards a character that is the porblem, or him going into the thread to say this?

I am geniuly curious so i can understand the rules better.

I've deleted the non-staff comments aside from the initial request for clarification and the reporter's response explaining that the comment in question is about the author and not a fictional character.

For all others, this is not a venue for public discussion about the rules or to give your opinion about the viability of reports. You should only be commenting if you personally want to report someone or are responding to a report. I feel like this has gotten especially out of hand lately, so I am going to be adding these to the warning tracker and keeping a closer eye on it. If you do this too many times, you're going to be restricted from making comments on this thread.

reporting @Ped2018 for this comment

I feel like it's self-explanatory.
I commented that they not make comments like that in the future.

From what I can tell, this is not a matter of the author being involved in controversy, it's just a complaint about the author -- who is now in his 70s -- writing slowly and his work not being as good as it used to be. I am of a mind that we should take a harsher stance at a comment that publicly calls for the violent murder of an old man for no other reason than he isn't writing fast enough or not his writing decisions.

I think we should at least apply a short ban here, preferably something like 2 weeks to a month.

Last edited:
Back