• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

I... don't think it was a good idea to let this dude back in.
It's in Fun and Games. It does no harm there since it can't actually be used to argue for an upgrade of any type and more importantly he's not bothering anyone by putting it there. No one has to take it seriously, he's not being argumentative in any way, and generally its just whatever as it is now. We should just leave him be.

It's in Fun and Games. It does no harm there since it can't actually be used to argue for an upgrade of any type and more importantly he's not bothering anyone by putting it there. No one has to take it seriously, he's not being argumentative in any way, and generally its just whatever as it is now. We should just leave him be.
It's been moved to Fun and Games? Good to know then.

Okay. Is some staff member here willing to place an official warning on his message wall please?

'Kay so what warning should I give and how would I describe the thread being? "Edgy" isn't formal enough but at the same time it isn't stern enough.

Well, it should preferably be handled by an administrator or thread moderator, as it is a part of their assigned tasks.

However, since none of them have volunteered yet, I suppose that I will handle it instead.

It has been a little over one year since @WeeklyBattles was banned from this community, and as decided, he has now been allowed to come back to make an appeal regarding whether or not he should be allowed to stay here.

Important:

Take note that this is not remotely intended to be a public shaming kangaroo court. Our members should simply mention if they have some genuinely relevant objective matter-of-fact information about how Weekly's behaviour has been after his ban started. Not before, only afterwards, as he has already been punished for the former. We are trying to investigate whether or not he has sufficiently shaped up to be allowed to stay around.

Thanks in advance for any help.

No, but we have to go through our official procedure regarding this situation due to what happened a bit over a year ago when you were banned, as this is what we decided back then.

Also, please try to keep your temper in check here, even if some of the comments from other members get rude. It will likely worsen your case otherwise.

I've had a slight amount of interaction with Weekly after his ban. About uploading images for/evaluating some calcs he or others created. But from what I remember, he also did these sorts of things before ban.

While my interactions with him post-ban have been good and all, I had similarly good interactions with him before his ban. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I haven't seen him pushed in the sorts of stressful situations where his bad behaviour came out in the past, so I can't say whether he's improved in that regard or not. He could have a better temper, or the topics could've just been easier for him to engage with peacefully.

No, but we have to go through our official procedure regarding this situation due to what happened a bit over a year ago when you were banned.

Also, please try to keep your temper in check here, even if some of the comments from other members get rude. It will likely worsen your case otherwise.
No worries, tbh I've worked out a lot of the animosity between myself and a few people in that time, even bambu is seemingly okay with me now

If need be I can explain some stuff that happened in that time as well

I personally think Weekly deserves a chance. I get along with him quite well and there are some things he notes will probably not be getting to extensive into in the future. And keep in mind he has been through a lot in general and I feel as if the user with the 2nd highest number of contributions deserves some credit. I'm not saying anyone for that matter should be getting away with things normal users wouldn't, but considering other users are more okay with him than they were back then and he's learned from past mistakes.

I am glad to see WeeklyBattles back here.

I agree and would want WeeklyBattles to return. They have done a lot of work and expressed wanting to continue that.

The only thing that would hold me back is concerns over legitimacy after what happened. But if the community is willing to observe with good faith, and if Weekly is willing to put a lot of effort into references, then it should be fine I think.

Alright, this was something that started right when he got banned. Weeklybattles got KingofWolves and Spinoirr into a DM group on discord, which at first started off as just them discussing RWBY threads and getting to ask Weekly for any scans or help from the series. Later on it just devolved into Weekly constantly nagging at both of them to debate in virtually any versus thread that has any of his verses from RWBY to Kill la Kill to Steven Universe, essentially having his arguments be made while not being there, so pseudo-sockpuppeting others. Even going as far as to beg one of them to not vote against RWBY.

Given what was accepted in this thread about banned users using proxies, This is a violation of the rules in regards to banned users as they're bypassing their own ban to throw their arguments back into the wiki. For Spinoirr he's the one that was used as a Proxy for Weekly the most given he's admitted to not being the best at making arguments, all in all I vehemently disagree with Weeklybattles coming back as he's not only blatantly violating rules, but is honestly not going to help him in the long run, especially when in the past, he threatened to abuse his mod status over a CRT that was accepted to downgrade LoL, and of course his bribery over making an inflated calc acceptable to the pages. These kinds of action is not normal for anyone and is a clear sign Weekly should not be here as it will be a problem for his mental health in the long run, and I'm not saying this as an insult, I'm saying this as an advice to him that vs debating isn't going to help at all with this level of obsession. @Kingofwolves999 can further clarify some of the events that occured in case I've missed any important details.

Nah you're not getting banned since you didn't participate in this, if you can elaborate on any of the points I made as well as any scans I got here, go right ahead.

For the proxy stuff, that thread is kinda old, a more recent example of precedent was that people seemed to be ok with Speedster arguing by proxy (albeit to a lesser extent) in addition most if not all of the stuff you posted is either pre-ban or very shortly post-ban, the point of this discussion is to evaluate if time has passed enough for changes to be made in Weekly’s character. Posting stuff they did before they even got banned does not contribute to said discussion, especially compared to character statements that paint Weekly in a positive light post-ban from both Impress
he's been active within my own server ever since the ban, and he's been gentle, kind, and thoughtful throughout the duration
and DDM
I personally think Weekly deserves a chance. I get along with him quite well

I mean, you’ve hit most of it I’d say.

However, I will speak that his character has definitely improved and he seems to only care for improving verses, not getting an agenda or being spiteful.

While it is true he essentially tried to force his opinion into the wiki despite his ban, through constant Discord messages and utilizing Spinoirr as his main source (basically just giving him arguments), his current demeanor has changed a fair bit since then.

These events happened near the beginning of his ban, and ceased for me personally at around September last year. Last time I contacted Weekly was from March-April this year where we buried our hatchet and we’re cool with each other, even helping with some League of Legends revisions.

Personally, I say he deserves the second chance. Despite his infractions before and during the ban, he has clearly in my eyes cooled off and matured, though his generally eccentric attitude has remained. After my time on the wiki, I doubt Weekly is anymore toxic than a normal user in his current state.

Time will tell if he returns to his more impulsive ways, but right now I think he’s allowed a probationary period.

Back