• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

Well, I haven't read all of his incendiary comments, but this community is going through a hard time right now, so I am uncertain if it is a good time to suddenly ban Matthew for a few weeks or a month.

Well, I haven't read all of his incendiary comments, but this community is going through a hard time right now, so I am uncertain if it is a good time to suddenly ban Matthew for a few weeks or a month.
If the wiki is going through a hard time at the moment, surely that would be all the more reason to punish people who are making it worse instead of letting them get off with a slap on the wrist?

Hold up, why are y'all acting like those messages are something that would get a non-staff user instantly banned for a month? I searched through all of Matt's post and all I saw was:
Bro summoned the Guardians of the GAYlaxy.
Bro summoned the entire Justqueer League.
Bro filled the entire Cis Teen Chapel.
Just taking random pop culture things and chucking words associated with gay or cis people in there.

Why does this need anything more than a warning?

Agnaa makes a good point. Also, Matthew is bisexual, so I strongly doubt that he is homophobic.

Hold up, why are y'all acting like those messages are something that would get a non-staff user instantly banned for a month? I searched through all of Matt's post and all I saw was:

Just taking random pop culture things and chucking words associated with gay or cis people in there.

Why does this need anything more than a warning?
Homophobic and transphobic jokes aren't ban worthy? When did things become so lax here?

Also, apparently he was banned recently, which only makes it that much worse.

Homophobic and transphobic jokes aren't ban worthy?

That doesn't feel very much like a homophobic/transphobic joke. The punchline isn't "LGBTQ+ people are {negative stereotype}". It isn't using a slur.

I guess you could argue "He's calling people gay, which implies that being gay is an insult" but it feels like it's in a roundabout enough way (slotting it into a pop culture reference, "Guardians of the Straightlaxy" doesn't flow linguistically), and riffs on cis people too, to the point where I could see it not coming from that sort of place.

I think it mostly deserves a warning to do better, by not posting incendiary messages and threads, and not walking close to the line of bigotry.

It certainly does not deserve an instant 1 month ban like some people are saying is the only just outcome.

He also continued to use said remarks after being told not to, so he was already warned in a sense
I mean that's fair. Continuing to push peoples' buttons after being asked not to is pretty shitty.

idk how long we'd usually ban for that, tho.

Matthew is probably very shocked and upset about the Sera thread. I am personally very relucant to ban him on top of that. He has it hard enough as it is right now.

Matthew is probably very shocked and upset about the Sera thread. I am personally very relucant to ban him on top of that. He has it hard enough as it is right now.
I think that's a bad reason to not ban someone.

Especially if you're not phrasing it like "Matt has it hard as is, so we shouldn't ban him today, but we will ban him for a week starting from tomorrow."

If you're putting it off, at least concretely put it off so the ban isn't skirted entirely.

It was posted after Matt acted that way, anyway, it's past 4 AM for me. We should probably avoid bombarding the RVR thread about this though. But anyway, I'd rather stay neutral about penalties here at least for now.

You are the Leader of Vs Battle Wiki. As a leader, you must force the rules of this wiki. Matthew is responsible for what he said and must be hold accountable for breaking the rules.

Kinda derailing, but I see this said so much I gotta rant about it. Ant's not "the leader", he's just the most longstanding bureaucrat, and one that's been astoundingly active across most of the site for his entire tenure. The founder was someone else. There were bureaucrats before and after him.

There's still 2 other bureaucrats that have comparable authority.

Back