• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 45

Status
Not open for further replies.
I banned him for a month and mass-deleted his posts.

We usually permanently ban people who instantly start to troll, but since he seemed more reasonable than usual disturbances, I suppose that we might be able to take a chance in this case.

I feel like even if we think the ban is warranted, we should probably report it here to see if other members agree. We should preferably come to a concenious, rather than ban him on one member's will alone.

I reported for the sake of preservation and transparency. The fact that the post is so aggressive makes the banning a sort of unanymous decision however.

Unanimous isn't the correct choice of words and this alone makes your decision invalid

Okay then.

So The Tetromino King is having a glitch on his account. When he tries to edit his page, he gets this.

You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:

Your IP address has been automatically blocked because it was used by another user, who was blocked by WeeklyBattles. The reason given is this:

Autoblocked because your IP address has been recently used by "Embodiment Of Lies".

Also when he goes to his contributi9ns, he gets a message of his most recent ban. I assume this keeps him from editing or something.

You can unblock the IP if you go into the blocklist.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
So The Tetromino King is having a glitch on his account. When he tries to edit his page, he gets this.

You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:

Your IP address has been automatically blocked because it was used by another user, who was blocked by WeeklyBattles. The reason given is this:

Autoblocked because your IP address has been recently used by "Embodiment Of Lies".

Also when he goes to his contributi9ns, he gets a message of his most recent ban. I assume this keeps him from editing or something.
There's no glitch there. Weekly must've chosen the block IP settings. Don't do that for user request blocks. Simple as that. I fixed it, by going into Block List and unblocking the IP. It's easy.

Promestein said:
There's no glitch there. Weekly must've chosen the block IP settings. Don't do that for user request blocks. Simple as that. I fixed it, by going into Block List and unblocking the IP. It's easy.
I did on accident but Ant said he fixed it?

You have to get the IP to get it to work.

While I haven't seen this user do anything major yet; mostly necro'd a thread made back in 2015 then tried to upgrade Saitama to Star level. The real concern is his username; it sounds inherently controversial for someone to have "Jew" or "Jewish" in their username. Even if the words are harmless, those being in the username are typically seen as troll names.

Nothing wrong with the term, but it still raises about as many eyebrows. No penalty, but perhaps we could ask him to change his name? Just wanted to here other thoughts.

I don't know if i'm supposed to post this here? but looking at the blocked users page Aeyu attempted to make a sock account but was ip banned today. Might want to keep a eye on new users that share similiar interests.and behaviours (btw I don't know which new acc was banned idk how to check)

@DDM honestly he doesn't seem like a troll based on his history, just seems like someone already in the entire powerscaling and fictional fights scene that is learning and adapting to our standards and what we consider common sense.

I don't think jew is a bad term, it's just used negatively.

Wait, so Aeyu's IP address was used to create a sock?

Is that... even possible without Aeyu being involved in some way? And I understand Aeyu talks to several users off-site to help with the wiki but that can be said for a lot of banned users, can't it?

I dunno how IP addresses work but to already take Aeyu's side without evidence of foul play seems a bit hasty, unless of course you guys already have it. In which case, carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back