• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 45

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that it seems safest to ban her.

It seems like Sans2345 really wants to come back to the wiki.

I am personally uncertain. On the one hand he doesn't seem to mean any harm, and has apologised and promised to try to do better. On the other hand, he has a history of being extremely incompetent when editing pages, and of not listening to instructions.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Thread:1249762#9

Well if the reason he was banned was for making bad pages, if he comes back under the condition of not being able to make any more pages/edit pages, I don't think it should be a problem.

That could be a solution, yes.

Maybe tell him that if he wants to make pages, he has to do so in blog format first, and if he's showed clear signs of improvement then that condition could be lifted?

Well, I find it very unlikely that he has improved enough to edit properly. His skills in that area were extremely low.

Perhaps, but there's no harm in letting him create profiles in his own blog. In the off-chance that he has improved significantly, then there's no real point in keeping the condition in place

Were bad edits the only problem he created? Apologies but my memory on Sans is a bit foggy.

From what I recall, he didn't cease with creating bad profiles even though we told him several times, so we had no other means of stopping him.

If he continuosly ignored staff warnings then letting him back might be a bad idea.

However. My understanding of this situation is not very clear so it would be best to take my statement with a grain of salt

Okay. He is very eager to get back though. He has regularly asked me for several months.

@Antvasima I'm pretty sure his punishment was supposed to be over a while ago actually. I think if we want to let him in we just have to really illustrate to him how he should be making pages/editting profiles (ie as a community, not an individual).

I think if he's improved and he's willing to actually listen to our warnings then sure, he can come back. I know I'm not staff, but I feel like I should put out this opinion.

Okay. It is very late for me now though.

Well, I will talk with him in the morning.

he necroed a thread on purpose and said he necroed a thread intentionally which is so off-topic.

By the fact of knowing the Rule Violation Reports thread he's obviously a troll.

In other words trying to get a rise out of them with a question that is clearly antagonistic/mocking?

Edit: Wright Way is correct. Just ban him and delete this post

I mean. Antagonizing on the internet to provoke a response is like word for word what a troll is.

Not saying whether or not he needs a ban, but that ain't a defense.

Gonna say this should be considered an official warning for now, and I'd like you to cool it with trolling, especially so early on with an account. Shitposting is one thing, antagonizing regular users with a brand new account is another and it's pretty common to take such a thing seriously around here. We're sort of the target of a lot of trolls that mean more than just a joke.

So just cool it for awhile, if you don't mind. I don't think this needs any more discussion beyond this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back