• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 35

Status
Not open for further replies.
As others have said, just report him to VSTF and/or the Fandom staff, and click "Mark all as read" after you have first opened the regular notifications that you find interesting in separate tabs. There is no need to give him attention here for thinking that he is important due to doing disgusting things in public.

So, is any action going to be taken? If he has a bad track record certainly something should be done.

Alright. As long as MICKEY is okay with it, which I would like a comment from them about that.

Speaking of MICKEYMOUSEUSERNAME. I noticed that Jirenchi, the brains behind the Mckmal troll group, contacted you a while back to ask you about joining it, to troll out of sadistic pleasure, after you wondered how he managed to find out who you are. VSTF or the Fandom staff has since erased the conversation, but what was that about?

I hadn't really known too much about it at the time, but I managed to PM them about it on Community Central. They had explained that they found me, along with some other people, on chat and sent out some random messages to try and recruit us.

Chartate101 said:
Sure its weird but nothing to report over
Most (to not say all) websites I´ve meet usually punish at the very least this sort of stuff.

A warning would be recommended.

From the Site Rules:

• Being sexually flirtatious will not be tolerated. Playing mature games, flirting, or using sexual connotations with minors is strictly prohibited.
  • Refrain from spamming, trolling, threatening, using derogatory comments of any form (ethnic, homophobic, belittling the disabled or mentally ill, etcetera), and rude, vulgar, sexist, etcetera offensive language.
Uh, yeah, this guy deserves a very serious warning. This doesn't really fall under example 1, but it does fit under example 2.

I've had this discussion with people talking about very vulger sexual content on chat, it should apply to threads too.

From Chat Rules:

• No sexual content.

I agree with Dargoo. Feel free to give him a warning if you wish.

I will delete the post, and the ones quoting him. Using talk about Yamcha committing suicide and masturbating to Deviantart pictures is not the kind of language that we want in this wiki.

MICKEYMOUSEUSERNAME said:
They get a stern warning, but I get a 2-week ban?
Because comments about a fictional character are different from comments about a real perso who uses this site.

Again, there's a difference between talking about a fictional character masturbating, and calling another user a word that starts with 'c' that fandom won't let me quote without banning me permanently.

Any similarly sexual comments you may or may not have made are additional factors towards their ban, but your actions are pretty obviously more extreme than straika's.

We cannot be expected to be entirely consistent. Rule-enforcement is recurrently imprecise and dependent on which staff members are available and the input that we receive in the RVR threads.

That said, when Straika returned he immediately called everybody in the thread m-fs, so a temporary ban may be in order.

MICKEYMOUSEUSERNAME said:
That seems somewhat backwards. You already gave him a warning, there's not much else he can do.
He could, you know, not go around insulting people after being told not to insult people.

Agnaa said:
Again, there's a difference between talking about a fictional character masturbating, and calling another user a word that starts with 'c' that fandom won't let me quote without banning me permanently.
Any similarly sexual comments you may or may not have made are additional factors towards their ban, but your actions are pretty obviously more extreme than straika's.
Using "a word that starts with c" once is more extreme than calling everybody in a thread m-fs? I've seen people use a lot of the recently banned words in chat, often in a flippant manner. Some people just forget about the new policies.

Because a general non-personal greeting to everyone in a thread, even if it includes a swear word, is different from more extreme insults directed at one person specifically? Saying just "Good morning m-fers!" once seems much less extreme than calling one specific person the c word, right?

Also, just because other people break the rules and don't get caught doesn't mean it's okay to break them.

It's not really about whether or not it's okay to break them, it's more about how consistent the staff is with what they do and don't disapprove of. If a user sees another user blatantly use language that isn't formally permitted by authoritative figures in front of an admin or chat mod, and no action is taken, than it would be rational for aforementioned user to assume that said language isn't strictly prohibited. And from the way my situation was treated, it was made clear that the language I used is strictly prohibited, no ifs, ands, or buts, therefore, if we're being consistent here, wouldn't using banned language in any manner (other than quoting) be a bannable offense? I would also like to point out, from what Dargoo Faust said in chat, that I was banned solely because of the word I used.

Well, we have turned a bit more lenient with time.

Anyway, he didn't call people m-fs after the warning, but before.

There's still a difference in scale.

Calling a specific person the c word, is different from saying "Good morning m-fers" to an entire thread, and spamming the n word on someone's wall would also be of a different scale.

Even though you could lump all of these under "saying bad words" there's a difference in scale between all those cases, so they should get different punishments.

Agnaa said:
There's still a difference in scale.
Calling a specific person the c word, is different from saying "Good morning m-fers" to an entire thread, and spamming the n word on someone's wall would also be of a different scale.

Even though you could lump all of these under "saying bad words" there's a difference in scale between all those cases, so they should get different punishments.
Well, as far as everybody else seems to be concerned, they do get the same punishments. It's true that words are put "on a different scale" than others due to their origins, but, like I said before, Dargoo Faust claimed to ban me because the word I used was prohibited by FANDOM, not because of how severe the word itself was.

Well, I personally don't mind if we ban him for 2 weeks as well, but we need more staff input first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back