• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 35

Status
Not open for further replies.
@MICKEY Even if Dargoo did temp ban you for using a word prohibited by fandom, and even if that's why everyone else in the thread agreed to ban you, "m-fers" isn't prohibited by fandom.

As far as I can tell, they'd rather people not say that due to the age demographic of the wiki, but it's not one of the three (or is it four?) words that would lead to a permanent fandom block regardless of context. If there's a filter on it here (which I believe there is) that's additional stuff the staff added as a precaution, and because of the demographics of the wiki.

MICKEYMOUSEUSERNAME said:
"Stuff like this is inexcusable, I don't personally give a damn if it was a joke."
That doesn't say it's about the specific word, it's probably about you calling another user of a site the c word, then continuing to mock them.

Let's stop this argument. Straika received a warning. That will have to do.

Okay. Well, perhaps we were being too strict with you. I am not as sensitive as part of the Fandom staff about that sort of thing.

Agnaa said:
@MICKEY Even if Dargoo did temp ban you for using a word prohibited by fandom, and even if that's why everyone else in the thread agreed to ban you, "m-fers" isn't prohibited by fandom.
As far as I can tell, they'd rather people not say that due to the age demographic of the wiki, but it's not one of the three (or is it four?) words that would lead to a permanent fandom block regardless of context. If there's a filter on it here (which I believe there is) that's additional stuff the staff added as a precaution, and because of the demographics of the wiki.
Than why was the plausibility of Straika being banned for using the word "m-fers" even taken into consideration for him being banned as well?

Sorry, Antvasima, but I needed to bring that up.

It was considered because you called out you being banned but Straika just being warned as hypocritical.

But if, like you said, using the term "m-fers" isn't even banable, why would Antvasima claim that he would be fine with Straika being banned for that very reason?

Because you made it seem like it was a logical extension of banning you, and that banning for that would be a consistent application of the rules.

So you're basically saying that it was because I made it seem like what he said was a banable offense, right? If so, that's not what I'm asking about. If you guys knew that using such language wasn't banable, why even entertain the idea that what he said was banable?

Well we know that it's an offense, so the question of what exact punishment should be given for it is obviously up for debate and worth entertaining.

I have discussed MICKEY"s ban on my wall, and am not convinced they are undeserving of the ban.

Some context:

I banned MICKEY not only because they used the word in question and that was that. I banned them on chat for two weeks as they and another user were jeering a user behind their backs with derogatory language, I was told by said user they had already been on poor terms, and I was informed by an admin that this isn't the first time MICKEY has been warned due to poor conduct and use of language.

I don't see any sense of them owning up to their actions. While I understand they may have issues with how strongly I feel about this, they don't seem to actually care about owning up to their actions and instead desire to tally them up against other rule violations. If they actually apologized for what they did to the user on my wall instead of accusing me of being inconsistent with other staff actions (a claim I was not provided evidence for), I would have been much more open to decreasing or eliminating the ban.

Now I feel it should firmly stay the entire duration.

Okay. That seems to make sense.

No more arguing about the issue will be allowed here in any case.

I closed the thread and give the user a warning, but if he doesn't learn, and Admin or above could ban him.

I deleted the thread and gave him a warning that any further rule-violations would lead to a ban. Literally showing the community the finger over our ratings is not acceptable.

My advice is take a 15 minute break (suggested by your friendly neighborhood Wal-Mart) to cool off if you're losing said cool, but Saikou has a point. I do understand why, Im just offering the solution since you're not at all volatile on purpose.

If Phantom is a black dude the word is very likely not to have the same meaning to him, but...seems like he set it off.

As African Americans, Dragon and I both agree that even as black people, the word shouldn't be used at all here.

Sorry for speaking for you, Dragon.

Is that chat? Because using the n-word on a thread is not advised.

In the words of Angelica Schuyler in the musical Hamilton...

"You know why Jefferson can do what he wants? He doesn't dignify schoolyard taunts with a response!"

What qualifies as "large amount of profanity" exactly? To me at least this seems to be an example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back