• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Maybe star vs Goku? Either way, I don't think ta should be banned, but don't do that, otherwise this happens my man.
Cussing just once or twice or even thrice is not ban-worthy. Even the best of members can sometimes get pissed off and say things they didn't mean to. It's only when someone is regularly a douchebag and harasses people that a ban must be considered.

@soldier blue he powers and ability list should make it pretty clear. Compared to ryuko who is purely a brawler

And the first post was just a joke.

As for the not counting the vote thing I wrote multiple replies with legitimate reasoning. So that was a bit annoying. Didnt go around cussing people though.

The last thing was a reference to another series no-one seemed to get

Anyway it seems this has already been addressed in the actual thread

I mean, it aint killing anyone. I do hold back but I still say shit and the like on here. If it ain't litteraly every other wird and not in an offensive or bad manner it should be fine? My opinion anyway but oh well.

I have dealt with the issue in the thread in question.

It seems like LAS was mildly making fun of the thread, which AquaWaifu and TeenAngel101 reacted badly to.

I let everybody off with a warning, and asked them to respectively stop baiting others and stop overreacting to the bait.

I also deleted the inappropriate posts.

Was wondering what happened when I went there and the page suddenly froze for me when I tried to delete some posts. Thanks for taking care of that.

Light swearing is fine, but cursing at others in an insulting manner is not.

AquaWaifu, if you have made a habit of this, you must stop immediately while visiting this wiki. We have strict codes of conduct.

Antvasima said:
Light swearing is fine, but cursing at others in an insulting manner is not.
AquaWaifu, if you have made a habit of this, you must stop immediately while visiting this wiki. We have strict codes of conduct.

Gotcha

Monarch Laciel said:
While we are on the topic of cussing though, what's the stance on that here? Because I used to not cuss, then I saw staff members doing it and I assumed it was fine as long as it wasn't directed at anyone. That right?
I regularly use the word "shit" and Azzy (who is a bureaucrat) regularly uses the word "****". But we don't use these words to insult anyone or even to hate on fictional characters.

For example, I have said on calcs "This is some impressive shit" while Azzy has something along the lines of "Aku has skull ****** his own economy" on a Samurai Jack thread. Both Azzy and myself have also called some character "a magnificent bastard" (don't remember which thread though).

As long as you don't throw these words at any other member or shit on a fictional character for the sake of hating said character or harass people, it should be fine. But kindly do avoid extremely sexual and xenophobic terms. Keep the swearing light and don't make it a regular thing.

"Aku has skull ****** his own economy"

if anyone ever tells me cursing is bad I will use that as an example, that sentence becomes WAAAY less funny if you replace " skull ******"

The most important rule on swearing is simply to avoid placing it on actual profiles or using it legitimately against other members. Those are really the most important, as they regard professionalism and a friendly environment.

Other than that, myself and many other members of the staff very clearly have zero problem with it. It just preferably shouldn't be every sentence. Or like...start becoming prevalent in actual debates.

Personally, I do not think that we should use terms such as "skull ******", but I do not have authority over Azathoth.

@Ant

Context was mainly just a F&G thread where Cross, Ryu, and I were discussing Samurai Jack with a few others and making dumb jokes. Obviously not gonna put stuff like that on a page.

Though that's usually the kind of thing I don't like doing, too often. lol

TheLegendaryHerker keeps creating profiles with unreliable statistics, even though I have told him to stop several times.

It isn't like he has technically done anything particularly bad, but the disrespect when repeatedly ignoring warnings is turning into a problem.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1096425

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1113259 (He removed this thread, so I had to restore it)

@Matthew

Agreed, but we should probably try to avoid very extreme expressions regardless.

I agree with Matt's views on swearing, but even under the context of fun like Ant said people shouldn't be too vulgar or have like every other word be a swear.

So, what do you think about TheLegendaryHerker?

He doesn't seem like ill intent or a bad user at all, but I do wish he'd be more cooperative. You can handle it how you wish.

Well, the problem is that he repeatedly refuses to listen. Perhaps a two-week block as a warning, and more if he continues after he comes back?

That first one looks like a typical Tonathan sock if you ask me, but that's not important. I agree that he should receive a perma-ban for harassing a staff member.

Yeah, literally over the course of a few hours, a random bloke makes more socks than Mikoto.

And that is a grand total of 25 socks all from Tropeydopey. Most, if not all within the span of less than two hours, and not including the previous socks of Jonathanlighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back