• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Please report any rule violations in this thread. Notifying us of such incidences is highly appreciated.

Additionally, kindly report any sockpuppets that you come across.

Only report violations regarding the wiki rules. False reports due to personal vendettas are unacceptable.

Also, this thread should be for reporting actual rule-breaking, not every single little disagreement.

In cases of extreme vandalism or trolling, you can report the accounts at the VSTF wiki.

If blocked members create sockpuppet accounts to circumvent their block repetitively, or several are created at almost the same time, you may contact the Wikia Staff, to politely request permanent IP blocks.

Note: All staff members, kindly follow, and bookmark, this thread.

You can also find specific users with the Search Function by typing with the format: "User:Username"

Here is a useful page for discovering sockpuppet accounts: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Special:Log/newusers

@VersusJunkie54

Similar usernames, similar writing patterns, a bizarre amount of knowledge on how the site works with next to no edits (not always the case), usually act with some sort of vendetta or suspiciously continuing a project where the original account left off at.

Those are some methods I've noticed over the years.

Some patterns that I have been noticed:

-Very simple usernames (I.E. SuperSoldier57, pretty much name options that the site gives you when you first register).

-Activitie on the same Verses/Pages.

-Give Kudos to each other, every reply.

-Sudden replies in treaths (I.E. Mention the Sockpuppet and inmediatly replying with that account even If they have shown zero interaction before)

-No user image or using a default Image.

-Little to no interaction with other users (Apart from the creator of the Sockpuppet to "roleplay" and look convincing)

-Make silly edits that the creator of the Sockpuppet would repair when finally complain by somebody.

Well, then we should stop talking about him, as it only encourages him.

This guy

>New Editor

>Same naming convention Homu Homu Homu, Homu Homu 2 and 12312132536a, all of which were socks of Nmcsh

>Similar grammar

>Arguing against Homura's abilities

>"Everyone here ignores it" - clearly has prior experience on the wiki

Okay. I will block him then.

Soldier Blue seems to already have handled it.

I gave them a warning, but I didn't realize the sockpuppet thing until now.

I'd feel bad about blocking him/her after leaving such a nice warning. Could someone else do it?

I have blocked him for sockpuppetry.

No clue. I looked through his contributions on the wiki's he's a fan of and I don't see anything worthy of a Fandom wide ban.

He said that he request Repp to ban him, for about 3 months, then he was in plan like "Nevermind, unban men", then Repp unban him, then he somehow got banned again.

That is strange. Skytheblue seemed harmless. He also messaged me right before about that he wanted to talk with me in private. He will send me a PM later today. Perhaps I will get more information then.

If he seems to have been banned across Fandom for no reason, I might have to ask the staff what is going on.

Sorry. I seem to have mixed him up with LuckyCharmingStar. Never mind then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back