• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Report - V

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy came into chat.. We kick/banned him. He was spamming and using profanities and sexual slang with no context or subtlety.

Blocked from chat. Funny but not needed here.

1 - 2

I don't know. I'm not getting much of a problem from him, though coming into chat and just saying "bye" like that seems pretty weird. Weird, but likely does not seem harmful.

And he's been around here a short while back in Sep so idk if he's really shady enough or not. But if that were the case....

Also just to leave this here for anyone to just read and know.

I have been thinking that perhaps 1 month for Carmine's account ban may have been a bit too long for even me when i thought about it a bit more. So i have decided to down it to 2 weeks at most (no lower than that). However, Carmine's actions even then shouldn't be taken of light and he really shouldn't have bothered those in chat like Sera and others that time. That and i believe this is his first offense iirc and while he probably didn't mean to in that whole time, again what he did was really uncalled for and was unnecessary for him doing that. I would like for Hop or anyone to further warn him on not to ever do something like this again when he gets back. Don't really think that some people would want to be left uncomfortable by him and his comments so...

Also, i apologize to Hop and SD for my behavior on that day. It was too, on my part, completely uncalled for and rather aggressive and rude of me for doing that. I should have perhaps let this be talked more before stepping in. Again, i apologize to you, SD and Hop.

And back to keeping this as a thread of reporting.

Considering Sera never leaves Chat and is always watching it, I think everything will be alright. She is very good at detecting if someone is a troll based off their activity on other wikis. Also I will also make sure to watch Carmine.

oh ok sooooooo if you ban someone and they make a another account because you want a clean slate and join wikia again why bann them again when they aren't doing anything

DatBoyNorbit said:
oh ok sooooooo if you ban someone and they make a another account because you want a clean slate and join wikia again why bann them again when they aren't doing anything
Because sockpuppets are against the rules.

What Cal said. If we allow people to just create a new account whenever they are banned, it makes the block lose absolutely any and all value.

Why would anyone feel the need to follow the rules if they can just make a new account and then we're fine with them?

While I like to be forgiving to users who regret their actions and try to change, a wiki will completely fall apart if they let people break rules with no consequence at all.

I have notified Black-kun, a councilor, and he sorted everything out.

Do you guys have a link to the profile creastion page? This is useful for people for telling who came into chat right after making an account. Also, going to edit this comment in the future for a rule violation, this thread is over half way full.

@Star

Yup thanks a ton. Gonna bookmark it for potential trolls. I suggest the other chat mods do the same.

Yes, he does need a warning, but you guys could've handled it a little more gently IMO. But you did what you could, and I agree. A warning, few weeks at worst.

There's no reason for that I left this site we dont seem to get along much I'm a laid back kinda guy and you guys are a bit too serious here even when the subject is fictional.

That said if I offended anyone I apologize good day and goodbye.

I'm inclined to believe this guy is a sockpuppet of MarioMan123456780. He just waltzed in and spouted the same things as that guy. And one of his first comments in chat was him being worried about being flagged as spam.I questioned him. He dodged it., and Aku doesn't believe it is him based on his more proper grammar, but it is extremely suspicious.

He did not show up in our new user logs, so it's likely made this account the before that, or that they aren't the same. I'd keep an eye on him before making any harsh decisions.

He's spewing some intense, weird stuff like that other guy you reported.

He could very well be the same guy...at least from what kind of vibe i'm getting of this one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back