• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Report - V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we ban MasterXar, or at least block him temporarely?

All he seems to do is try to wank Dragon Ball everytime new episodes show up, and them call us biased when we don't agree.

@Darkmon

He's not harmlessly voicing his opinion if he's directly attacking the staff for turning down proposals that go against our rating codes.

@Darkmon No at all as it can be a indirect attack as well and it doesn't need to mention someone in particular, but rather a group of people.

He was also acting rather self-entitled and snobby to Matt while he was trying to explain Infinite and Immeasurable speed:

Fine, apology accepted. But if another situation pops when they are moving where time doesn't exist or is completely stopped and they are still moving fine and dandy and they don't get that speed upgrade I am calling BS.

@Darkmon

Saying, "Fine apology accepted" implies Matt did something wrong, even though he did nothing of the sort in that conversation. Besides, this isn't the place for discussion, so I suggest we drop this topic and move on.

I agree with Darkmon, even though it was kinda stupid from Xar's part to say something like that the "insult" is as indirect as it gets.

We cannot continue to spam this thread about this. It is supposed to be used for reporting rule violations, so the staff can discuss what to do about them.

@Kkapoios Well, perhaps a 1 or 2 week block, or a warning is enough?

Well I'm not sure how you do for how long to block someone but I do know he currently has a 3 month block so that should be changed at some point.

I think that does seem too long, yes.

Well, I blocked him for that long because he's been like this for quite a while. This isn't a new development. I've been paying attention to his behavior.

I'd suggest moving this conversation, or debate, whatever you wish to call it, to your own walls instead of here to avoid unecessary cluttering.

Agreed. Darkmon, you are starting to turn into a consistent nuisance, here and elsewhere. I would appreciate if you permanently and immediately drop the issue, and do not bother us again. Thank you.

Apparently there's a guy who's going to be unbanned tomorrow, and who's been making quite a fool of himself on OBD. Can anyone confirm who this is?

So this guy, and this guy were pretty hostile in the recent thread that Kkap made . They treated both myself and the other staff on that thread as if we are in the wrong.

1. Paolo there was insistent on putting shame on us for not only "cursing", but he wanted us to really consider his point so much so, that we reported our own staff members. Gonna let that sink in for those of you who haven't realized we're dealing with either a troll, or an idiot.

3. Maxwel, aside from his misunderstanding of how time travel works, and arguing that it would be useless in a fight (What is this guy thinking?), and he also brought up the "consequences" such as the police and death sentences . Um... we are regarding imaginary vs fights, and indexing statistics here on this wiki, are we not? We are not here to analyze how many ways a court can persecute a fictional character for their crimes they'll commit during a VS match. But no, this guy just decided to clog the thread with such irrelevant nonsense and continue to call myself and Rep out for stupid things. He also said he'll stop, and justkept on going .

These two seem to have little intention to apologize or straighten out. They seem like they want to prolong our patience, until we give in. I think the "shame on you" card by Paolo is very banworthy in of itself, it's just plain disrespectful.

Honestly, I believe it just be best to lock that thread and move on. Neither side seemed to have done it out of hostility or malice, it all just seems like a big misunderstanding based on an event that honestly could've been handled better.

If they continue to persist on antagonizing us, what good reason to we have to believe they are going to shape up and take responsiblity? They blame shifted like two times and tried to shame a staff member over something as trivial as saying "pissed off".

Edit: Ryu already locked the thread.

I agree with Dark.

Also no offense but reporting someone just because you thought their arguments were bad such as the case with Maxwell seems awfully petty.

Unless Maxwell was doing things outside of what those screenshots were showing, he does not seem to be rude, insulting, overly argumentative, or hostile.

It seems the main basis for your report of him is you think his arguments are stupid, which honestly reporting someone for such petty reasons is a far more reportable offense than what Maxwell did.

Their use of arguements was beside the point. The fact that Paolo kept on trying to make one of us look bad was my priimary concern. Even Blue and AMM are fed up with this guy.

Also this guy is playing cop too . Dunno, maybe he's just looking out for the wiki,but he's really going vigilante on the site here. He should be reporting this, not taking it into his own hands. Isn't that what got a couple people banned for earlier this year?

And you can go back to thread. I think it was linked in my first post on the subject. Here it is again, so you can see for yourselves if you wish.

Ah, but you have a good point. It is petty of me. Sorry about that, everyone.

I'm not talking about Paolo I am talking about Maxwell, which it seems you've reported him purely out of spite.

I accept your apology, but as a staff member please use better judgement and less personal bias in the future.

I do not want this site to turn into a place where users are scared of expressing any sort of opinion of theirs cause someone who disagrees might report and get them banned. And I am pretty sure many other staff will agree with me on that.

This is supposed to be a site where people can have fun and express their opinions in a safe and civilized manner. Threatening someone's ability to be here the moment they say something you think is stupid is completely counterintuitive to that.

Are you going to gloss over the other things I said?

I am not the only one upset by him, you can see. I may ask that you mind your insight on the situation at hand, please. You solely focus on me, and not what I have said. I have not vendetta, just an obligation to do my job and try my best.

Maxwell hasn't done anything wrong, he just tend to have faulty logic. I don't think we should ban him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back