• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I've been watching both of their anime lately (I stopped watching Frieren because it was mid, Mushoku tensei better, I might get back to watching it later though) and I wondered who would win.

Speed unequal Equalized speed

Standard battle assumptions

Rudeus Greyrat wins:

Frieren wins:

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Frieren stomps.

Any Magic Rudeus uses that's not like 6-C gets instantly nullified or analyzed, and then she bombards him with Zoltraak spam from a kilometer in the sky.

Frieren stomps.

Any Magic Rudeus uses that's not like 6-C gets instantly nullified or analyzed, and then she bombards him with Zoltraak spam from a kilometer in the sky.
She can nullify magic? Since when? Later in season 1?

Isn’t Rudeus’ 6-C spell the one that brings a lightning bolt from the sky and needs like a whole chant? Frieren isn’t letting that get through but I might be wrong on this since I’m anime only and even then not that far in

If they're magical in nature, yes.

His future vision is only 1 second into the future. Not much help at all, even if he could do something.
Tbh all of Rudeus attacks are magical.

Frieren might stomp Rudeus. I don't see another way he can win.

Note that Frieren needs to analyze a spell in order to dispel it and I’m not sure if she can casually neg any magical attack. She’s only used anti-magic spells to dispel stuff like barriers or body puppetry, never to like delete a fireball

Note that Frieren needs to analyze a spell in order to dispel it and I’m not sure if she can casually neg any magical attack. She’s only used anti-magic spells to dispel stuff like barriers or body puppetry, never to like delete a fireball
It depends on the size and frequency of attacks, I imagine. Most Frieren mages are launching city block sized fireballs every second at her. I imagine against Rudeus (who probably isn't that skilled), she'd be able to analyze his Magic much more quickly.

It depends on the size and frequency of attacks, I imagine. Most Frieren mages are launching city block sized fireballs every second at her. I imagine against Rudeus (who probably isn't that skilled), she'd be able to analyze his Magic much more quickly.
Frieren should already know most of the spells used against her, and even against herself, whose spells she all knows, there is no attempt at anti-Magic. Imo it’s just generally unviable against offensive spells

If Frieren's magic negation isn't instant then Rudeus stands a chance

Dude has weird flying magic drill magic, fire magic, water magic and apparently he has electricity magic. Even if Frieren manages to analyze one of his magic attacks, Rudeus could just switch to another type of magic and kill her.

That and he has an advantage due to his precognition. He'd know every move Frieren will make before she makes them.

Frieren should already know most of the spells used against her, and even against herself, whose spells she all knows, there is no attempt at anti-Magic. Imo it’s just generally unviable against offensive spells
Sounds like headcanon. Reasonable, but still headcanon. It not being viable in combat in Frierenverse only means it's not viable against Frieren mages.

Even if it is possible, Frieren probably wouldn’t use smth she’d consider unviable in a fight against a mage, even if Rudeus isn’t actually a frieren mage.

Though she still wins depending on what 6-C stuff Rudeus exactly has

Tbh, how could we know her magic works on projectile magic if she never has power nulled people throwing magic projectiles at her?

It seems to be a specific powernull, not a general powernull

Dude has weird flying magic
Nearly every Mage in Frieren can fly.
drill magic
What is that
fire magic
Frieren also knows fire magic.
water magic
Frieren can freeze that with ice magic.
electricity magic
Frieren also knows electricity magic.
Even if Frieren manages to analyze one of his magic attacks, Rudeus could just switch to another type of magic and kill her.
Frieren would just sense the Mana and dodge, or counter with her much stronger Magic (Rudeus is only 6-C with one spell).
That and he has an advantage due to his precognition
That sees one (1) second into the future. It does basically nothing.
Tbh, how could we know her magic works on projectile magic if she never has power nulled people throwing magic projectiles at her?
Projectile magic is not a thing— it's just elemental magic, which Frieren knows about and has analyzed countless times.
Even if it is possible, Frieren probably wouldn’t use smth she’d consider unviable in a fight against a mage, even if Rudeus isn’t actually a frieren mage.
Not all Mages are the same. Frieren uses different tactics depending on the skill level of a Mage opponent all the time. If she sees anti magic as an option, there's no reason she wouldn't utilize it.

Feel like speed being unequal is being overlooked here, frieren does have the advantage attack speed wise here at least going by the current profiles her Supersonic possibly hyper+ attacks should just blitz rudeus even with precog if he's not fast enough to act on what he sees which I mean he ain't then its pretty much wraps

Frieren legitly just one shots in more scenarios, plus flying and zoltraak spam. Unless he can deal with her mobility, he bssically has 0 chances of doing anything

Speed equals sucks that's anyways tbh🥱🥱🥱
True

Anyway, wouldn't Frieren have an advantage because she can fly and shoot homing spells but Rudeus can't?

Nearly every Mage in Frieren can fly.

What is that

Frieren also knows fire magic.

Frieren can freeze that with ice magic.

Frieren also knows electricity magic.

Frieren would just sense the Mana and dodge, or counter with her much stronger Magic (Rudeus is only 6-C with one spell).

That sees one (1) second into the future. It does basically nothing.

Projectile magic is not a thing— it's just elemental magic, which Frieren knows about and has analyzed countless times.

Not all Mages are the same. Frieren uses different tactics depending on the skill level of a Mage opponent all the time. If she sees anti magic as an option, there's no reason she wouldn't utilize it.
I didn't mean to say that Rudeus can fly. I meant to say that he can shoot drills that fly. They're like, drills made out of metal or earth and they fly.

stop pushing for this match bruh rudeus' profile is terribly outdated as laid out numerous times on this thread.

So like, I haven't watched or read either of these series Mashle is already enough of a magic series for me, but is 1 second really all that useful? Like, just 1 second? Can it at least be spammed, or does it have a short cooldown?

And how many of Rudeus' spells are 6-C? I feel like if it's only 1 spell in his arsenal that packs that much power, then it'd become repetitive fast if avoided. Speaking of arsenal, do his other spells have AP values?

but is 1 second really all that useful? Like, just 1 second? Can it at least be spammed, or does it have a short cooldown?
It's a continuous overlap of his vision with the present and future, like 3D glasses. It's more than one after the very first arc he gets it in, but that isn't on his page because it sucks.

And how many of Rudeus' spells are 6-C? I feel like if it's only 1 spell in his arsenal that packs that much power, then it'd become repetitive fast if avoided. Speaking of arsenal, do his other spells have AP values?
It can actually be any spell he wants because he's one of 3 characters in the story that can use magic as a NPES, but that isn't on his page because it sucks.

Both of these verses are under revision so this should be closed.

Back