• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overbearing Elderly's Caretaker (Luz Noceda vs Fern)

Peppersalt43

They/Them
Luz : 0
Fern : 0
Incon : 0

Base Luz used
Speed equalized
Starting distance is 20 meters

So I've been seeing a ton of clips for the Frieren anime on YouTube. Seems interesting and some of my friends are checking it out so maybe I'll do the same someday. Anyway for some reason Fern and Frieren's interactions reminds me of a certain old and young witch (I don't even know why, I'm not even that knowledgeable on both series). There's no way I'm making Eda vs Frieren so here's the second best thing

Luz returned after a particularly tiring day of school, groaning weakly on her way. After bidding farewell to her friends, she couldn't wait to just pass out on the couch. The Owl House was in her sights, earning her sigh of relief as she continued to walk. In the front of the place stood Eda, taking notes of various trinkets she had picked up with one of them catching the young girl's eye, a crate of unlabeled purple bottles filled with unknown liquids.

"Um, Eda? What is that?" Luz asked.
"Oh these? They're clothes-dissolving potions," Eda explained, taking one of them out of the crate.

"Wait, why do you have those?"
"Well for one, they're a really good pranking tool. I used to put this in the teacher lounge's sprinklers, good times~"

She chuckled as she reminisced those old times before noticing Luz's horrified expression.

"But the second reason is because an old friend of mine really loves this stuff. She always gifts these to her male friends whenever she's unsure what they like. She actually just bought two of these off me just this day!" Eda continued, showing the money she had gotten from the transaction.
"And is that old friend of yours a scary purple-haired human?" Luz asked, noticing someone approaching the Owl House which the owl lady has yet to notice.

"What? No, she's a white haired witch with twintails," she explained.
"So it was you," Fern said, startling Eda.

"Ah, Fern. It's-" she stammered before the purple-haired woman placed down a half empty bottle of similar design as the ones shown before.

"Already opened? You know the refund policy, you can't return damaged or used objects," she looked up to see Fern's "terrifying expression".

"I'm sure we can come up with a beneficial agreement. Let me get something to compensate for your losses," Eda explained, entering her house and accidentally leaving Luz outside.

Zoltraak can have it's aim altered mid-shot to follow a target, but it's not automatic.
Ah, good. I kinda made this knowing full-well that both are glass-cannons and would likely one-shot each other. I'm just worried about weird attack properties mostly

Fern is arguably the complete opposite of Luz, who uses an extremely wide variety of Glyphs/Glyph combinations.

In combat, Fern near-exclusively uses Standard Offensive Magic "Zoltraak", Standard Defensive Magic, and Flying Magic. She seeks to completely overwhelm an opponent with speed and numbers so that they can't keep up. She also probably wouldn't kill a human if she doesn't have to.

Fern is arguably the complete opposite of Luz, who uses an extremely wide variety of Glyphs/Glyph combinations.

In combat, Fern near-exclusively uses Standard Offensive Magic "Zoltraak", Standard Defensive Magic, and Flying Magic. She seeks to completely overwhelm an opponent with speed and numbers so that they can't keep up. She also probably wouldn't kill a human if she doesn't have to.
So what can Luz do against that? Fern looks at her, sees that she has a high amount of mana and thus can use magic, then casts Soul Track because it's the standard offensive magic that any decent mage in her verse can deal with.

sees that she has a high amount of mana and thus can use magic
Luz is a human and thus has no mana or magic. She can only use Glyph Magic which relies on the lingering magical energy of the giant corpse she lives on.

Luz is a human and thus has no mana or magic. She can only use Glyph Magic which relies on the lingering magical energy of the giant corpse she lives on.
Oh, okay. I guess Fern will just fly and use telekinesis. They probably won't go all out against each other at the start.

Y'know I remember the last time I made a TOH thread, people actually came in to vouch for the verse. I think if that doesn't happen, I'll actually start addressing stuff as I've actually finished the series recently

Back