• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ruby Rose vs Tracer

SBA

Ruby Rose (RWBY) | Votes 0
Key: Beacon
AP: 3.41 Tons of tnt
Speed: 3,221 m/s - Reaction/Combat
LS: 1,233 Tons of Force

vs

Tracer (Overwatch) | Votes 0
Tier: High 8-C
AP: 5.019 Tons of tnt
Speed:
• 61.25 m/s - Movement
• 6,581 m/s - Reaction/Combat
LS: 120 kg

Last edited:
It seems pretty much in Tracer's favor with 1.4718x the AP and 2.0431x the reaction speed, although how good is Tracer in close combat?

Although, like the comment above said, Ruby's aura, semblance, and Dust Ammo are going to be hard for Tracer to deal. But I think I'm going to reserve my vote for now, I'd like to see if anyone else has anything to say.

My main concern will be Tracer's recall ability. Whatever injury or status ailment Ruby inflicts, Tracer can recall and undo it. Which would've been a problem if everything was equal but Tracer has speed and AP advantage on top of it. It's not only a hard counter to dust effects but means even if we give Ruby the durability edge from Aura Tracer can whittle Ruby down.

I don't see Ruby's semblence will pose a problem as it is essentially her own version of Tracer's blink. Even if we say her semblence let's her match Tracer's speed, she can't attack while using it. She has to re materialize first.

One question I do have is the pulse bomb. If Tracer plants the pulse bomb, can Ruby disassemble herself and let the pulse bomb fall off? Or is it like how in many scifi shows if you grab someone while they're teleporting you get teleported with them IE she disassembles herself and the pulse bomb with her.
If the bomb goes off while she is in particle mode, will it still damage her?

I don’t think the bomb would stay attached as characters like Moira who does a similar ability loses the bomb when she activates it and Kiriko who teleports loses it upon using the ability.

Tracer definitely has a physical advantage, but it’s not by a lot. Ruby’s main benefits here are her endurance, superior mobility, wider versatility, better range, and her Semblance’s elemental intangibility allow her to sidestep nearly everything Tracer has.

Except Recall. Which totally undoes any damage Tracer takes whilst not doing the same to Ruby, who would start having her resources be whittled down by this strategy.

Really, this seems to me to come down to the question of: Would Ruby target the Chronal Accelerator weakspot just sitting on Tracer’s chest, or would Tracer whittle Ruby down quick enough to beat out all of those options before they’re able to be used against her.

I think a fair argument could made for both sides. Ruby typically charges in headfirst (one of her early series weaknesses), focusing on her speed, attacking repeatedly in barrage patterns, and wide slashes to cut through opponent or straight up cause enough bleed out/aura loss so that she CAN cut them down. So even without knowing, she’s definitely going to target Tracer’s main body/chest-based area and try damage it as much as possible, which would destroy/damage the Accelerator and give her the win.

However, conversely, Tracer is a gifted top operative on her team, known for going into dangerous situations headfirst and coming back out unscathed. She’s very notably considered to be unpredictable, stay within blindspots, have impressive marksmanship, and consistently avoids having the obvious blue spot that should be a weakness from ever being touched, and due to her speed advantage over Ruby, definitely would be capable of using all that experience and skill to play keep away, slowly draining the Huntress of her supplies until she can catch her off guard, or simply down and out, to win.

So I’m currently neutral/incon.

Tracer definitely has a physical advantage, but it’s not by a lot. Ruby’s main benefits here are her endurance, superior mobility, wider versatility, better range, and her Semblance’s elemental intangibility allow her to sidestep nearly everything Tracer has.

Except Recall. Which totally undoes any damage Tracer takes whilst not doing the same to Ruby, who would start having her resources be whittled down by this strategy.

Really, this seems to me to come down to the question of: Would Ruby target the Chronal Accelerator weakspot just sitting on Tracer’s chest, or would Tracer whittle Ruby down quick enough to beat out all of those options before they’re able to be used against her.

I think a fair argument could made for both sides. Ruby typically charges in headfirst (one of her early series weaknesses), focusing on her speed, attacking repeatedly in barrage patterns, and wide slashes to cut through opponent or straight up cause enough bleed out/aura loss so that she CAN cut them down. So even without knowing, she’s definitely going to target Tracer’s main body/chest-based area and try damage it as much as possible, which would destroy/damage the Accelerator and give her the win.

However, conversely, Tracer is a gifted top operative on her team, known for going into dangerous situations headfirst and coming back out unscathed. She’s very notably considered to be unpredictable, stay within blindspots, have impressive marksmanship, and consistently avoids having the obvious blue spot that should be a weakness from ever being touched, and due to her speed advantage over Ruby, definitely would be capable of using all that experience and skill to play keep away, slowly draining the Huntress of her supplies until she can catch her off guard, or simply down and out, to win.

So I’m currently neutral/incon.
I think I'll be incon. too

Back