• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ruby Rose vs Snow White (Koyuki Himekawa)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
Yeah, again, thats not intangibility, thats her being able to split herself up. If it was intangibility, she wouldve been able to go straight through it instead of dodging it.

Seriously though? I remember when that was listed as friggin duplication, but theres been intangibility the whole time.

Also shes literally nothing but rose petals at the very end of that video, right before she kills the beringel

Its really sad that she only ever used her semblance like this for one fight and then comeplitly ignored it later on in seasons

She hasn't ignored it though, she used it like that against the Geist a few episodes later and hasn't been in and fight where she wasn't either immediately stomped or fought entirely off screen since

Golden is right, she doesn't have intangibility pre-timeskip, just just a speed amp and tornado/slipstream

WeeklyBattles said:
Elemental Intangibility is being able to split yourself up into your respective material or element
Dont chicken out on me now Weekly, these threads always get derailed

According to this wiki, "Elemental Intangibility: The ability to become intangible by transforming into a substance, such as wind, fire, or water, making it so that most attacks merely disperse them instead of truly damaging them, allowing them to regenerate. However, this would still leave the user vulnerable to many forms of attack, such as sufficiently powerful energy or elemental attacks."

What happened in thay short was that Ruby actively split herself apart to dodge that projectile, if you watch, you see that it did not disperse her through, SHE dispersed herself in order to dodge, or at least if you deny this which is expected, theres nothing there to say it went down in that way more so than Ruby actively splitting, and the past feats prove that she doesnt go intangible in this form, with no way of saying improvement wont make her any more intangible.

Splitting yourself up in different components to create a blatant hole =/= Elemental intangibility.

Not yet. Snow White can predict Ruby's every move through mind reading and is more than enough a good fighter, so I'm not sure if Ruby has any way to bypass that

Aoe attacks, Snow White can handle. She effortlessly killed a MG with aoe fire attacks. For the speed amp, I'm not aware of any examples.

Also what's the conclusion of the "dust vs magic weapons" argument earlier?

For the first, how is she going to counter winds strong enough to swat someone wuth rubys lifting strenght away exactly? It is omnidirectional

They are not equalized, but to say that snow white is immune is also wrong

That's the question we were trying to have answer. The only energy within MGRP is magic, so I have no idea if dust-energy would work.

Ruby has almost an 8x ap advantage, a speed advantage with her semblance, likely an experience advantage, versatility with dust, and easily more manuverability with her recoil

It kinda does considering aura coated weapons are considered enough to bypass stuff like the total immunity to conventional weapons for fate characters, the same should apply here.

@Apies Not in the first 2 arcs, no. All the damage and deaths are caused by magic. A6solute would know, though. He's read all of it.

@Weekly The experience advantage is very debatable. Snow White has as much experience as the longest-lived MGs, and her job is literally to hunt down and kill rogue MGs

Dust should also work, plus Golden even stated that their immunity isnt total damage negation and if they were hit point blank by a weapon of their tier it would damage them even if it werent magical

@Golden Ruby has been training since she was a child to fight grimm and spent most of her teenage years training directly under her uncle qrow, arguably one of the most skilled huntsman on the planet, with Ozpin recognizing her skill being so great that she was able to skip two full years of combat training in order to and trend Beacon, where she recieved further training alongside people who didn't skip those two years who she has no trouble keeping up with in combat

@Weekly I don't think training time is always proportional to quality of experience, as Snow White can kill other as-experienced MGs no problem and was directly trained for months by a combat-oriented MG, but fair enough. I never assumed Snow White was more experienced, just that it's on the same level.

I just realized that, since speed is unequalized, Snow White is faster than Ruby without her Semblance (Hyper+ vs Hyper). Thought I assume Ruby can close the gap with it.

@Apies Actually, nvm. I remember being mentioned that MGs are unaffected by non-magical explosions. However, they can be affected by collapsing buildings, but only if they are higher than their tier (so basically at least High 8-C)

Snow doesn't have the ap to do much of anything to ruby

Ruby's slipstream can also harm high 8-Cs like pyrrha

Snow can't one-shot Ruby, but can still damage her overtime. Ruby's AP advantage is, at most, x4.84: the calc for her 8-C+ tier puts her at 1.21 tons -> divided by the lowest entry for 8-C (0.25), you get 4.84. Even then, that's a huge lowball because post-timeskip Snow is far stronger than pre-timeskip, so the gap is lower than that.

Ruby scales to a 1.41 ton feat and her semblance can damage high 8-cs. Ruby also has better mobility and her elemental ammo can freeze or stun snow.

It's a 1.21 ton feat (https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...tning_and_Ruby_displaces_rocks_(Vivi's_calc)). It's not hard to believe a 8-C+ can damage a High 8-C, just like it's not hard to believe a 8-C can damage a 8-C+ ;)

The effects of her dust bullets won't matter if Snow can predict her attacks and avoid/block them. She won't stay in one place. The freezing one can even be directly countered by Snow with her Fire Scimitar.

Ruby's Aura will be annoying for Snow to deal with, but I don't see it stopping her for too long. She has resistance to fatigue, so she can keep going for as long as it takes. Ruby's Aura will also grow weaker as time goes on anyway. Ruby's recklessness could also go against her

No, thats not the feat she scales to, this is. Ruby has enough of a dura advantage to where snow's attacks will do very little damage. It's also not hard to see a high 8-c attack with the speed to blitz characters as fast as Ruby normally taking down down a baseline 8-c.

Blocking the bullets gets her frozen solid or stunned with chain lightning or blown up.

Considering its almost 5x more durable than snow's ap, its going to take a long time for her to bring down, and ruby is still that durable even without her aura. Ruby's recklessness isnt something that happens in actual combat, only outside of it.

While ruby wont start wist dust rounds, as she prefers to propel herself with gravjty rounds, her running really fast can make winds that oneshot.

And to claim immunity to a high 8-C weapon because its a normal weapon is NLF unless thkngs like intangibility are involved

@Ricsi I never claimed Snow is immune to Ruby's weapon, just that she's immune to regular weapons. Ruby's weapon isn't regular, of course. It was more like about Magic vs Dust, and how much effect will Dust attacks have on Snow.

@Weekly That feat's link is in the Durability section, not the AP section. Her AP links to the 1.21 feat. So Ruby has more DR than AP? About blocking the freezing bullets, I clearly said with the Fire Scimitar, not her fists or something.

Even if Ruby's still durable without her Aura, it will still be one layer gone. I'm not aware how high Ruby's stamina is exactly, but Snow has nothing to worry on her side, so by continuously striking, she'll eventually break through. With her Mind Reading and strategic mind, it'll make things less difficult to do so, as well.

Whoever ends up winning, it'll be high-dif.

Can she run out of Dust ammo?

No, she scales in both ap and dutability to the 1.41 ton feat. And ice dust froze ilia's whip which was charged with electricity so....

She fought for an entire day against a city infested with grimm alongside her teammates before getting tired. And how exactly does mind reading help her avoid an attack capable of speedblitzing you before you can react?

Eventually but each clip she has holds several dozen rounds and she has multiple clips of each.

The link on her AP leads to the 1.21 feat. If it's the wrong link, that's not my fault. I just take what's there.

My point about the Fire Scimitar was she would create flames to stop the bullets, not let the bullets hit the weapon.

The Mind Reading lets Snow predict exactly what her opponent will do, even if said opponent doesn't exactly think about. If Ruby's intention is to use her Semblance, Snow will know about it before Ruby even uses it, and thus Snow can evade just in time.

Is there actually any proof Ruby will speedblitz Snow with Semblance? At base, Ruby is slower than Snow (Hyper vs Hyper+), and her profile also says "Higher with semblance" without precising.

Again, she cannot dodge aoe attacks thta her semblance makes, and ruby becomes at last comparable to time dilatated weiss and co. (mhs)

Why can't Snow dodge aoe attacks? What's stopping her to do so? It's really not rare to see characters dodge aoe attacks in fiction. And again, Snow can predict the aoe before it even happens.

Because the aoe is far to big fir that, and she cannot attack unless she goes close to ruby, which means she would be in the aoe

Well, yeah, of course.

But the instant Ruby is intentioned by do her AoE, Snow will jump back.The instant Ruby is intentioned to shoot bullets, Snow will dodge. The instant Ruby is intentioned to use her Semblance, Snow will react accordingly and avoid in advance or block with one of her weapons. The instant Ruby is intentioned to do anything, Snow will know about it before Ruby can even start casting/attacking. Snow is faster than Ruby at base, in both combat/reaction speed and running speed. If Ruby goes further and is thinking of a strategy to beat Snow, Snow will be completely aware of that strategy and counter with her own, as Snow is a great strategist herself.

Snow has her Luck on her side, so if she ever comes close to being in trouble, something will happen to save her. Ruby has the range and versatility advantage. Ruby has the AP superiority and Snow has the minds superiority (not saying Ruby is dumb, I've read her profile, but Snow can strategize against armies and governments, and will use any information and ressource at her disposal to execute her target). Ruby has her crazy acrobatics skills and Snow has mind reading, allowing to pick up on any anxiety, nervousness and fears Ruby has and exploit them. Their stamina, experience and weapon mastery are comparable.

From how this looks like, Ruby can keep Snow at bay, and Ruby can't hit Snow. That leans more towards an inclonclusive result, if anything, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back