• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ruby Rose vs Snow White (Koyuki Himekawa)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But her aoe is omnidirectinal, jumping back would not help, at all. Plus her aoe uses speed amp anyways.

And thats an nlf, unless she has good showings of it, luck is an incredibly nlf argument.

It doesn't matter how her aoe is, Snow White can predict before it even happens. And again, Snow also has the speed advantage at base. There's no prood Ruby's Semblance will allow her to outspeed Snow.

Exceptionnal Luck is a legit power on the wikia. Why should it not be used? It's an ability as any, and Snow's luck has a clear way it works. I think people use nlf way too often here

Predicting it does not help her to dodge it, at all. And again, the speed amp should be co. Parable to timedilatation, which gives ruby the advantage.

Yes, but it is still open for nlf, invincibility is also a power you know? What is its best showing.

Time dilatation? What do you mean? And since when are aoe attacks undodgeable? Especially when Snow knows it will happen before Ruby even properly sets her mind on using the attack

Weiss schnees time aceleration.

They are omnidirectional. While not truly undodgable, it is unlikely to be dodged because the are it affects is bigger then a jump can cover, the fact that she has a second of headstart dies not mean much.

From my pov, NLF exists only when a certain feat/power is nonsensically OP and has no limitations present, or is there are no limits, it isn't explained why. A character with invulnerability but who still has weaknesses to be exploited or said invulnerability has limits isn't NLF in my eyes. Same case here. Snow's supernatural luck comes from her item, the Rabbit's Foot. It only activates when Snow is in deep trouble of dying. RF doesn't help Snow win; it helps her survive; it's not an almighty, dominating power, bc there are rules. Unfortunately, I myself don't know the details of how it works. A6solute would, but he hasn't been on for nearly week. I'll ask him when he's back.

There's nothing about time acceleration on Ruby's profile though.

How big of an area does her aoe cover? And when you say omnidirectional, do you mean the attack is a sort of outward burst?

For your nlf thing, it doesnt matter what you think.

It not being explained how it works has nothing to di with it. Uts blf to say itachis magenkyo can affect anyone because in verse its unfallible but agaisnst his own blood and flesh. Its nlf to assume luck would be able to help someone get out of danger greater then it was shown to do.

Its on weiss page, as i already said, and its omnidirwctional by the fact that her runnin creates winds that can slam people stronger then her hard enough to make them pass our, and at least a few dozens of meters around her

Lovely. I now know that I can't have an opinion on this page; great!

No shit Itachi's magenkyo affecting anyone is NLF. Different verses work under different rules and powers. However, illusions are a power, not a stat. Luck is a stat like any other in one's life. All her item does is amp that stat when she's in high danger. And I literally just said I'll ask A6 for details when he's back, since he's read the whole thing. I'm just saying what the item does. I never claimed Snow will beat Ruby with it.

Time Dilation: Weiss is able to utilize her Glyphs in conjunction with Lightning Dust to create a time dilation field, which speeds up the user's actions

Okay, and so what? I already knew Ruby got a speed amp through Semblance. But just bc Ruby becomes faster doesn't mean she'll outspeed Snow.

Ruby with her semblance can speedblitz people who are comparable in speed to snow, yes she will be outspeeding her.

And yes, risci is right about the luck ability being used as a NLF here

Knowing a bullet is coming towards you after its already been fired and is coming towards you doesnt give you the ability to dodge it if you dont have the speed to do so.

WeeklyBattles said:
Knowing a bullet is coming towards you after its already been fired
Snow White knows the bullet is coming BEFORE it's even fired. That's my point. The instant Ruby even begins to think to use a bullet, Snow will know about it and will react accordingly. Snow knows all of Ruby's moves before Ruby can act upon them.

I watched the clip about "Ruby blitzing Team JNPR". Ruby herself "blitzed" JNPR, but not the wind. At the 12th second, you can see Jaune trying to run away as he sees the wind approaching, but he fails. At the 14th second, you can see both Pyrrha and Nora placing their arms in front of their bodies, which proves they can perfectly see the wind approaching, but just can't escape because they are in a hallway, aka a tight place. As this fight is with SBA, the battle takes place in Central Park, which is a much, much wider area, where Snow has many more opportunities to escape the wind. And again, the wind itself didn't blitz JNPR, only Ruby did (which isn't totally true anyway, more on that below).

The wind doesn't cover the entire hallway and isn't even that strong, because none of the glass windows break. Blowing a human away with wind isn't really that hard, especially teenagers. How heavy are they? The girls likely aren't above 50kg and the boys likely aren't above 70kg; very fast winds can lift them up. But said wind didn't break any glass. At the 16th second, the wall is heavily cracked, but doesn't even break, and all that happens is team JNPR slamming against the wall. Being slammed against a wall by fast winds is nothing post-timeskip Snow can't handle; even pre-timeskip Snow could handle that .

Finally, on the profiles on JNPR, all of them are Hypersonic, while Snow White is Hypersonic+. You can't claim Ruby will blitz Snow when Snow is at least Mach 10, and JNPR is Mach 6. In order to blitz Snow, you'd need to be at least Mach 50 (x5). To blitz JNPR, you'd need to be Mach 30. Even in the best case scenario where Ruby becomes Mach 30 with Semblance (which she isn't because at the 12th second, Lie can still see Ruby, but just can't react in time, aka Ruby isn't a blur), Snow still isn't blitzed.

Doesn't disprove my point.

And we've been using pre-timeskip Ruby here, not Vol.4

Does the speed on RWBY characters' profiles include movement speed, or just combat/reaction speed?

The image in the OP is post-timeskip Ruby and we use the strongest version on the profile unless specified.

That's what I thought at first, but...

Jinx666 said:
OH AND AGAIN
This is pre timeskip.the one where she cant do all that semblance shit yet.the peak is using it to dodge or that massive wind attack. And she dodges rarely, she prefers blocking with a scythe. If they were [post-timeskip], then it would be a stomp.

WeeklyBattles said:
If this is pre timeskip though then yeah semblancr is kinda out the window as she doesnt spam ot nearly as much, though she still uses it. She still has the ap to oneshot though, and her slipstream attack is still a viable option.
And since you seemed to be okay with it, Weekly, I thought that's what we decided it was.

Snow's profile says she's resistance to air resistance (Confusing name). Apparently this means she can't be hindered or slowed by wind or something. (I don't like that description). Wouldn't that mean she can't be out in the Ruby cyclone, or at least resist it?

Seeing as how this is basically a high 8-C vs an at least 8-C, doesn't that make this a stomp or is this still fair?

Yeah this is Volume 4-5 Ruby. Just wanted to see if SW could go against Ruby at her strongest with the amount of range and abilities that she had. If it's a stomp then we can close this 0v0.

Oh well, RIP. Vol.4 Ruby does make this a stomp. The range is really just for her magic, aka mind reading, not weapons or combat.

This thead literally create to destroy Snow white when her gretest stregth in the novel was her intellect and ability to prepare for her enemies. She got rekt without it.

Alright so let's talk about this. I don't now much about Ruby but I do know Snow White. Let's go into details of her abilities, strengths, weaknesses, etc.

Strengths:

1) As a Magical Girl, Snow White has improved strength, speed, reaction-time, endurance, etc. over that of any human. Magical Girls in MGRP are described as being capable of moving faster than a normal human can even perceive. And that is without using their Magical abilities. They have the power to destroy concrete with their fists or hurl tanks. They can heal wounds at a greater rate. And they can take massive amounts of punishment.

HOWEVER, it should be noted that Magical Girls from MGRP are not IMMUNE to non-Magical weapons. This is a misconception. Keep in mind that Magical Girls have killed each other with non-Magical weapons and environment. La Pucelle was bleeding heavily from her face when thrown into a concrete wall. Ripple threw glass shards and debris at Calamity Mary, and Mary saw it as enough of a threat to attempt to dodge/block against it. In Restart, a heavy boulder is used to smash a character's head in. Snow White knocks a Magical Girl out by beating her over the head with an industrial-grade fire extinguisher. They are not immune to non-Magical threats, just very durable. But anything can hurt/kill them if it hits with enough force.

2) Snow White is heavily trained and experienced. She's got some years of combat experience on her as the Magical Girl Hunter, having taken down and captured at least 27 Magical Girls (many of whom at the time were above her in terms of power and skill).

3) Snow White's magical power seems innoculous at first. It's even described as a non-combat Magical ability. However, she's honed it into something she can use in combat. Hell, she hones it into one of the most effective combat abilities. Her power is to "hear the voices of those in distress". The thing is, that power leaves a lot to interpretation. Essentailly, it's a fear-based mind-reading ability. And since technically everyone is at least distressed about something on a subconscience level, she can read just about anyone's mind, in or out of battle. Whenever she's in a fight, she knows exactly what her opponent will do before they do it as, subconsciencely, every fighter is thinking about what to do if their attack doesn't connect. And she can read a person's weaknesses and prepare ahead of time.

It should be assumed that in a fight with Ruby, unless Ruby has some power to shrug off mind-reading or is a mindless automaton, Snow'll be able to know what Ruby plans to do before she even does it. Now whether Snow can stop those attacks or counter them is another matter entirely. Snow White has faced opponents before where she's been able to read what they'd do beforehand but just wasn't capable of stopping them. But in a fight, she WILL know what is coming.

4) Snow White has a cyber faery that relays her information on most of her opponents. Aside from her own mind reading capabiltiies, she happens to have a familiar that also possesses a database on most Magical Girls and is capable of compiling data on the fly. It's like having a sentient supercomputer on her side.

5) Snow White has gadgets. She carries a lucky rabbits foot that can save her in a pinch (though it's finicky and activates only sporadically). She carries a 4D bag that basically functions as a Bag of Holding, capable of storing an innumerable amount of possible weapons, tools, etc. in a pocket dimension, and she can access/pull anything she stores there in a moment's notice. She has an unbreakable halberd called "Ruler", capable of cutting through or withstanding the force of pretty much anything. She's used it as more than just a weapon but to block open heavy blast doors without enough force to withstand even a Magical Girl's strength. She also has a flaming sword she keeps in that 4D bag.

5) Something not talked about here that really needs to be discussed is, despite it not being listed as a "power", one of the things that makes her so dangerous is her creativity. Even the antagonist of the MGRP series said that this was her greatest strength. Snow has a brilliant mind and is capable of thinking outside of the box, changing strategy on the fly, and will use any available tool, weapon, or technique to get the job done. This really can't be overstated. I mean, this is a girl that's used a regular, non-magical fire extinguisher to defeat two very powerful Magical Girls, the first a fire-controlling enemy by spraying her in the eyes (http://i.imgur.com/fopwrl4.jpg), the second a shadow-controlling Magical Girl by blanketing the room in foam. Which leads into the next point:

6) Snow White, as a result of her creativity and her wanting to get the most out of her power, almost always prepares fights in advance. She's called "The Magical Girl Hunter" for a very good reason. She doesn't 'fight' her targets-- she hunts them. In most cases, she's well aware of her limitations. She knows in a straight-up encounter, there are people out there that will have the advantage on her, and so she doesn't tend to engage fairly. She stalks her targets, reads their weaknesses, creates a strategy, prepares weapons and the environment she'll confront her opponents in, and then strikes only when she is certain she can win. In this regard, fighting her is kind of like fighting Batman. And just like Batman, she's able to punch way above her weight-class by virtue of thinking ahead.

That said, one cannot always prepare everything and she has been caught in fights without preparation before. She's skilled and usually still manages to come out on top because she can think on the fly; but there are times she's almost been killed or has been dominated by another being's power just because she wasn't able to find a way to win in time.

Weaknesses:

So I've discussed Snow's strengths. Let's talk about weaknesses.

1) Her powers leave her vulnerable to "mindless" opponents. Her hardest fights have been against those who use mindless automatons tagainst her, be they magical golums or something else. That's because a mindless being doesn't have fear and so she can't read their attacks before-hand. Now she's incredibly skilled and still can manage just by being good. She doesn't throw all her eggs in one basket and rely totally on mind-reading. But she has limitations and has been bloodied and almost killed before because of this. If Ruby can command a mindless being and give them vague commands, it may not stop her, but it will put preasure on Snow and make it harder for her to get the edge.

2) Snow White's power to read minds can be a double-edged sword against opponents with mental suggestion. Snow ends up brainwashed at one point because, even when closing her eyes and putting her hands over her ears, she can't turn off her mind reading to stop her from picking up the suggestions of a highly charismatic Magical Girl named Puk Puck with the power to make people like her by just seeing her or hearing her voice. Ruby is mentioned as having "Aura" abilities. When I read on that, one of those auras is the power to charismatically make people like her. Is that correct? If so, that'd be very hard for Snow to resist. This versus match may not even get off the ground if Ruby can do something like that, as Snow has yet to come up with a solution to combat that (though I wouldn't put it past her creative mind to find some ways).

3) Snow isn't invincible. She's good. She's trained, experienced, hardened. She is creative and knows how to use her abilties to their fullest to take down beings far above her apparent power. But at the end of the day, she does have limitations. There are Magical Girls that are stronger, faster, or have specialized abilities that she won't be able to contend with without preparation. And she's mortal. She's not above making mistakes. Something to always remember is in MGRP, being the 'strongest' at something doesn't immunize you from being caught off guard or killed by something you'd never guess could hurt you.

So there you have it. There is "Snow White" for you. This is your opponent. I know nothing of Ruby to give you an accurate take, but do consider all of this going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back