• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ruby Rose vs Snow White (Koyuki Himekawa)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ruby Rose vs Snow White
Credit to AtomicMonkey4Life for VS Template

A heroine who supposedly doesn't get enough spotlight in her own show vs a heroine who supposedly steals the spotlight in a show not dedicated to her.
Ruby Rose:

vs

Snow White:

Both are at their fullest

I think Ruby takes this? Her Semblance to boost speed, her Dust Bullets for a variety of Elemental damage types and Flight seems pretty good. Thing is, I have a few questions about Snow White. Is her profile finished? Her range states several kilometers with magic, but no spells are mentioned under Notable Attacks. Also, Magic isn't mentioned in her power set. The only thing I feel like I can say for certian is her Mind Reading seems quite usless in combat. I'll admit, I've never even heard of Magical Girl Raising Project. Once these questions are cleared up, I'd love to give a proper vote.

This matchup reminded me to update her profile. Her mind reading is different between Arc 1 and post-Arc 1, so I cleared things on her profile. If you still have questions, I'll try to answer.

I myself am not knowledgeable on MGRP and not even sure if I watch the anime adaptation, it may not be used as canon source information.

Snow White looks like some she has some good hax, if Golden could clarify how her Exceptionnal Luck and Precognition works? She also has enormous range and better Regenerationn. And are RWBY bullets regular bullets or are they magical?

They're not "normal" per se, but they're definitely not magic. They're just strong bullets with some Elemental properties.

Dust and Magic are two very different things in RWBY, the Maidens even specially have different attacks for magic and for dust, and all three use dust and have shown shown a distinct difference between the two.

Well, Snow White's profile say immunity to most non-magical weapons. What's the distiction exactly? Would Dust bullets be different enough?

Snow White's luck is described with the Rabbit's Foot item. The luck factor is mostly random and uncontrollable, but usually comes in effect when she's in a trouble to save her.

For the Precognition, just read Snow White's ability at the bottom.

Keep in mind that this is Post-Unmarked Snow White, where she has massive experience and has no limitations in her magic.

About the "immunity to most weapons", well obviously if a magical girl gets hit with a rocket at point-blank range in the face, she'll get hurt. While Magic and Dust are different, I think that the bullets are "non-normal" enough to have an effect, though not to their full potential.

while I do not believe verse equal would work, dust not being in-verse magic is not enough to say that it cannot be verse equalized with other verses magic as long as they act similiar enough (kind of like how in vegito vs triek it was discussed that despite dbz ki not being magic in verse it still worked similiar enough that equalization was a possibility).

Much like that, only because both verses call it magic does not mean it can be equalized whitout similiar sources or effects.

This time I doubt the two work similiar enough to be equalized at all, but I'll go for inconclusive because of luck being hard to predict.

She turns into petals and amps her speed, she does not use it as defense though, she uses it to get in melee range with enemies, and failed to use it as defense even when having the time to react to an attack she could not dodge

In that case, I think the only thing Ruby has to beat Snow White is her Silver Eyes. However, her profile says she can't control them well, so I don't know how useful they're actually gonna be.

Oh no, those only work on grimm, or its heavly hinted so. They did not affect anyone but people with grimm parts and a grimm, and it needs for her to be really angry, as in, killing my friend in front of me and joking about it angry

she's used her semblance to dodge attacks though, frequently actually. It's 100% in character for her to spam her semblance to avoid attacks.

Ruby really does not spam her semblance to dodge against equal opposition

She only does that when the opponent has higher AP, or shes baiting someone, and the occasional in order to get away. When has she ever spammed it against someone in a 1v1 like this?

Against the beringel

A single opponent, on equal grounds, that she spammed to avoid attacks at close range

No, the Beringel is an example of higher AP. Ruby couldnt dent it with normal strikes, she cluld only compete by spamming her semblance. Plus, its a grimm, which characters in Rwby usually fight differently to than grimm.

Ruby does dodge in character, but she does not use her semblance to be unaffected by attacks, only using its speed amp to easly get out of the way.

Honestly,the creators might not even realize that ruby has intangibility.

The beringel was clearly a higher AP. Its whole thing is being a stronger grimm, and ruby was barely hurting it. It was on a completely different level to anything else shes fought. She doesnt spam it on any other opponents either, which only proves that she is selective towards thpse where getting smacked would be grave.

Unless you think the Beringel was weaker than Ruby physically. And somewhat she was still having trouble. She literally does not show to spam her semblance like that against actual opponents who we have seen are at least comparable to her

And honestly, wheres this intangibility thing coming from? She clearly has a tangible centre at least, otherwise Mercury wouldnt have hit her (Which btw, theres no actual proof saying shes 'mastered her semblance' to the point she has real intangibility. She merely improved it) and she wouldnt have needed to split up in order to dodge that grimm if she could merely phase through it. It only compacts her size and makes her HARDER to hit.

In fact, rewatching this now, she only kicked out the new shit with her semblance after the beringel completely bodied her while she wasnt using it as much. And she had to spear it right in the centre of the chest, which would most likely kill that thing with less trouble than other spots.

OH AND AGAIN

This is pre timeskip.the one where she cant do all that semblance shit yet.the peak is using it to dodge or that massive wind attack. And she dodges rarely, she prefers blocking with a scythe

Oh, this is pre timeskip? Well, then her using her semblance to dodge is somewhat less likely, her using silver eyes is not possible, even if useless here, and she is much more of a close range fighter

@Jinx Do you know what Elemental intangibility is? People with Elemental intangibility can't phase through things, only disperse around them.

If this is pre timeskip though then yeah semblancr is kinda out the window as she doesnt spam ot nearly as much, though she still uses it. She still has the ap to oneshot though, and her slipstream attack is still a viable option.

Elemental Intangibility would be an example of Juvia's water body allowing objects to pass her, And it actually uses an element.

Ruby has to physically split apart her petal form in order to dodge, it doesnt naturally let attacks pass through it. Try again

@Jinx When has ruby ever had to physically split herself apart? Her semblance is literally described as the ability to disperse into a cloud of rose petals and move at higher speeds. We literally see her disperse against the beringel

She split her petal burst into 3 different clusters in order to dodge that projectile. That isnt dispersing, dispersing is a more open term in its smaller parts.

And while she 'disperses' perse, she can still be hit, like she was with Mercury, so it only really compacts her size and makes her harder to hit. it doesnt give her actual intangibility, since she remotely has to dodge and split up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back