• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ruby Rose (RWBY) vs Jonathon Joestar (Jojo's Bizarre Adventures)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, hamon does not affect The World , sorry. DIO has already acknowledged that hamon cannot harm The World. Him using it with Hermit Purple was his only defense against The World.

Though, to be fair, I now disagree with what Weekly said. If there is another feat proving hamon can affect stands, then it definitely does bypass aura.

" Aura is the manifestation of our soul. It bears our burdens and shields our hearts. "
- Pyrrha Nikos, explaining Aura to Jaune Arc

So if J-Man can make a good enough argument for hamon, then we'd know that hamon can travel through stands<<stands are an extension of the soul<<aura is a manifestation of the soul<<hamon can be conducted through aura.

Boy cropping the shit out of text bubble? That was in referral to how powerless Joseph and by extension gamon would be because of his power to stop time. As shown as he says that while time is stopped. And then knifing Joseph.

To be fair joseph used hamon on empress expecting to work. Didnt because empress was technically himself as the stand explicitly explained from its mouth.

Theres also the fact hamon purified brufords soul and made brufird "human" again.

Although what reason do the ysers on this thread fir thinking ayra can cockblocked phasing attacks without feats of doing that?.

I just cropped it for clarity, here's entire panel . I see your interpretation now, and I'll actually agree to it. Though I'm still unsure why he would need to hide Hermit Purple under his shirt if he could just start doing hamon breathing to ward The World off. PIS, maybe? Plot Induced Badassary?

This is actually what made me agree about hamon working on stands. I remembered him using it against the Empress, which does mean it can channel through stands, and therefore souls.

So hamon can be channeled through aura, what does that mean for this fight? I think the fight with DIO was very specific, as he was weak to hamon, making it neccessary. Ruby isn't weak to hamon, so even though the hamon bypasses her forcefield, does it even do much?

Beats me, that's like saying Kenshiro can't bypass aura with Muso Tensei, because there is a forcefield there, it doesn't make sense.

Why? Probably because the would could time stop and lop his head off. He needed dio do that without being aware of the hamon. Or he could throw a rock or projectile. Which he dud when he found out.

Cool. Think he maybe did so on part four also. Let me check.

Hamon can do a lot of shit. Mindcontrol. Induce heart failure with enough power or potency. Stun. Hamon only dies the Regenerationn and durability negation on undead the rest free gane.

Ya agree then. cool man.

Mindcontrol? Don't know about that one, doubt it.. Inducing heart, and other organ failures with enough power is a definite, we've seen it done by young, young Joseph and Ceaser, stun is also a yes too.

But that all implies you're actively conducting it through them like a circuit. Short bursts of punches from Jonathan won't do anything, the hamon conducted through them will disipate faster than it will stack, since hamon does act very very closely to electricity, so much so DIO goes out of his way to make that comparison.

Other than that, Jonathan still has to break through her aura by sheer strength. Unless he grabs her, forces her down, and charges it through her, then that's a GG.

Remember jonathan did that on a zpmbie and Caesar on some chick.

Not really. Depends on the potency. The less power the longer the effect must be held. Jonathan for example with almost no hamon at all while bleeding could do mind control on wu at a quick tap. Plus Hamon charge can be held for a prolong amount depending on how he does that. He could channel through grass the ground netal or water or plenty of other things. Sba Central Park would let him do lot of option.

Yeah that is also true.

The wall is the most obvious one which ya well aware of. Dont think ya need that scan.

Theres an instance or two in part two but hell if I can grab that on mobile. He also sent a through a cliff at chapter 23 (or 25 or 24) of ohantom.

Thats not phasing, thats conducting, phasing would be him physically walking though or putting an arm or leg through a solid object

Why though? Ruby already had an advantage? Why take away jonathans advantage? Especially as according to weekly the difference is less that originally thought. Ruby hypersonic+ also.

WeeklyBattles said:
Thats not phasing, thats conducting, phasing would be him physically walking though or putting an arm or leg through a solid object
Rock cant conduct hamon. Also when the hell did ya hear me say jonatha could phase? Only hamon could.

What the shit. Weekly. The empror had the ability of doing a phase but thats not hol horse. Does that mitigate the ability of phasing?. Attacks or techniques can phase and not the user. Honestly should nt have explain that weekly.

Also even then ya still gotta prove aura can block attacks that can pass through materials and objects plys already went over the stand aspect. (Excluding the fact rock doesnt conduct hamon).

Also the votes are kinda reset now that speed is equalized so Ruby now takes this will a bit less difficulty due to her range, mobility, flight, ice and electricity (As speed equalization also equalizes the speed of explosions), blitz level speed amp, and tornado

Where did Emperor ever display phasing? It never once showed the ability to do that.

No actually the burden of proof is on you to prove that Hamon can bypass a barrier made of energy. Professor already debunked the stand aspect.

Week. He agreed with me. Go back and check. And all stands can phase as long as the stands considered not a bound stand. Although if ya must. Then use chariot as an example as he has feats of phasing.

Oh and why are ya so deadset on equalizing speed? When earlier you yourself were ysing the reason of ruby blitzing jonathan as why ruby would win. Double standard much? Burden of proof? Well minus hamon effected stands and has on multiple and plenty occasions outright passed through and phased through objects. How often do ya use the aura thing in debates? Earlier ya we're saying some death spell no cant bypass aura. Ya think after awhile yad find an example of aura deflecting a attack that bypasses things

>This is actually what made me agree about hamon working on stands. I remembered him using it against the Empress, which does mean it can channel through stands, and therefore souls.

Because I didnt know that Jonathan was Mach 22 and speed should have been equalized in the first place. Affecting stands =/= bypassing a forcefield. Conducting through materials =/= bypassing a forcefield. You need to show proof of hamon bypassing a forcefield otherwise it cant. Aura is a major part of all RWBY characters powersets so it comes up a lot. What death spell? No RWBY character has the ability to phase so no. Aura deflects things all the time though, its the reason the characters are allowed to fight in organized tournaments using bladed weapons, live ammunition, high-grade explosives, elemental attacks, and their own powers without the risk of being seriously injured.

Yeah and turns out Ruby is hypersonic+. Which would mitigate that slightly. All this would do is take away the key advantage Jonathan had while doing nothing about him fighting an opponent multiple times above him. The speed advantage balances that out. (Plus ya still ysed that as a reasoning earlier hence kinda unfair to suddenly go back and claim speed advantage not fair ) .Also was wrong. Mach 21.

Missing the point weekly. Effecting stands and passing through stands means gamon can effect and pass through soul based things. Such as aura. Keep saying conducting yet how many times must ya hear me say rock doesnt conduct gamon? Hamon passed through the rock. From the qrow thread.

Cool although I asked for aura **** blocking an attack that can pass through or ignore obstacles and objects weekly.

Ruby isnt Hypersonic+, she's Hypersonic and only Hypersonic+ with her semblance which, as this is pre-timeskip and not post, she doesnt spam in character. Pre-Timeskip can blitz mach 11 characters, even with it Jonathan would still outspeed her.

Aura isnt soul-based, its a forcefield. You do know a lot of rocks have metal of some kind in them right?

Nothing in RWBY has those properties and Hamon cannot do such a thing.

Yeah? And ? Ruby out powers him? Also ya said yourself. Tornados can harm and the dust would blitz. Ya also still were fine with ruby blitzing jonathan which still makes me quite obviously against equalizing the moment ruby ends up being at a obvious glaring disadvantsge.

Still missing the point. If hamon can channel and pass through a stand. Than it sure as hell could do so on a forcefield. Despite the fact earlier on the thread i was told aura was mentioned to be soul based or used soul energy.

College then stop saying aura can do that and ya keep saying that but denying it wont make it any less true weekly. Hamon can and iften does pass through objects. Most of the thread including the debunker had agreed hamon can effect matter less or soul based things and pass through that. Anything else weekly?.

Me and ya weekly obviously wont come to an agreement. May as well let the other users decide on what character would win. Me and ya clearly disagree.

Pre-timeskip Ruby is only 1.8x stronger than Jonathan, shes stronger but not enough to grant her a guaranteed win. Yes her tornado would blitz and likely oneshot him but she doesnt use her semblance pre-timeskip that ofter, more relying on rifle recoil to get around.

Those two things are not the same though, thats the problem. Aura is a manifestation of a person's soul in the form of a forcefield around the user's body, it is not their literal soul (Though i secretly wish it was as that would mean RWBY characters have some insane soul manip resistance and can regenerate their soul after its been destroyed), whereas Stands are completely different. Im actually not sure where youre getting that Stands = Souls when a Stand by definition can be anything from the personification of a person's life energy to their fighting spirit to their psyche itself. They cannot be classified under a single thing as what a stand is varies entirely depending on the person the Stand is bound to.

Stop saying Aura can do what? Block an attack that has no feats of bypassing something like Aura? Passing through objects does not equate to passing through a forcefield, and Aura is not soul-based.

Weekly going off the deep end, eh? My turn to explain.

Hamon has been channeled with a stand, (hermit purple) and has been channeled through a stand. (against Empress , DIO also recognized it would channel through The World to a degree.)

THEREFORE, it stands to reason that hamon can be channeled/conducted through stands, and therefore souls. (Recall, a stand is just a manifestation of your soul, narrarator explained that when Iggy died . Jonathan also purified Tarkus/Brufords souls with hamon, which also ended up killing them . Stands can even interact with souls .)

Why does this matter? Because:

"Aura is the manifestation of our soul. It bears our burdens and shields our hearts." (Also said to be a manifestation of the soul herein this promo video .)

- Pyrrha Nikos, explaining Aura to Jaune Arc

THEREFORE, hamon can be channeled through the aura forcefield since it's been channeled through and against another soul manifestation, bypassing it, allowing for body manipulation, organ failure, etc.

Understood?

Aura is not their literal soul, and is not even soul-based, its just a forcefield. Even artificial beings like Penny, who is a robot, are capable of projecting an Aura. If Aura were their literal soul every RWBY character would be able to shrug off having their soul damaged and destroyed and would have the ability to regenerate their souls.

Gonna be off for a hour or two. Gotta get ready for a trip tomorrow.

Also despite that weekly ya keep saying aura can **** block shit the aura would honestly have no feats of doing. Hamon can go through things akin aura and has feats of doing that while on the other hand lack of feats for aura for blocking a technique that can pass through defences makes me think hamon would.

WeeklyBattles said:
Aura is not their literal soul, and is not even soul-based, its just a forcefield. Even artificial beings like Penny, who is a robot, are capable of projecting an Aura. If Aura were their literal soul every RWBY character would be able to shrug off having their soul damaged and destroyed and would have the ability to regenerate their souls.
Yeah soul based. Doesnt have mean an actual soul. Hamon effecting actual souls would be enough thougj. And energy? Define energy . May have a feat on hamon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back