• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ruby Rose (RWBY) vs Jonathon Joestar (Jojo's Bizarre Adventures)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kadmus Prime said:
Wait wait wait. I just want some clarification, how effective is hamon against a human being? ]
Since the energy it produces is said to be identical to the sun. iirc The only time it ever shown to hurt a human was when Pefect Kars burned Joseph with hamon 100x stronger than what Joseph can output other than that is techniques that Jonathan do not have.
Hamon itself won't really hurt anyone. However, it can still be very effective in either knocking a person out (got me ****** if you want me searching for that in the manga, ask J-Man), or straight up killing them , though it does require to be held there for some time.

It can also override vampires, and humans body control , allowing the hamon user to literally control them from a pinch.

>Thinks Aura is a forcefield due to a statement, though doesnt work in the same way as a traditional forcefield does, and more a coat of energy armour. And apparently in all RWBY fights, they dont actually physically touch.

>Denies Aura is linked to a user's soul, despite it outright being stated its a manifestation of the soul, and that Grimm lack it because they dont have a soul.

Id say Aura can be affected by soul manipulation tbh, since theyre clearly linked.

We dont treat forcefields as if they had no molecules either. Its not on the forcefield page and You have yet to explain why thats even the case. What, just because something looks like it doesnt contain molecules? Does everything need confirmation of having molecules in order to have them. See, its more the fact you cant back up shit and think you can still get away with it that pisses me off, not the fact you disagree with me.

Jinx, how you think forcefields work goes against every way we treat forcefields on this wiki. Make a crt if you think otherwise. And yes, it needs a confirmation of having molecules to be treated as having molecules.

@Professor Aura also gives Regenerationn. And stat amps. And senses amps. Aura is not the forcefield, its what makes the forcefield.

Again, where the hell is it stated that this is the clear way that EVERY forcefield in fiction works. Its not on the page, and theres nowhere its clearly stated that this is how we treat them. Its your own deluded view Weekly in order to make RWBY seem stronger than it is.

Aura in RWBY doesnt generate the same typical forcefield, as say like, Violet from Incredibles or Sue Storm from Marvel, who demonstrate the particular idea of one. A forcefield would physically sponge and take attacks for the user, by creating a solid barrier while Aura only dampens the attacks and protects the body (With a coat of energy, sorry, imo) perhaps the only strain it giving being something mental.

CRT from anyone whose opposing a bunch of admins never work, im not wasting my time when you're going to be spouting the same non-backed up bs. And with that logic, i suppose every character in fiction has to prove they have molecules. If theres not a direct showing or statement that they have molecules then they can easily resist molecular hax?

Without molecules, energy cant be corporeal through transfers. Thats basic science. And therefore, force in attacks cant be created. C graders know this shit, so teh argument of 'its fiction' really cant apply here either. Heck, real life forcefields like electromagnetic ones affect molecules.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Professor Aura also gives Regenerationn. And stat amps. And senses amps. Aura is not the forcefield, its what makes the forcefield.
Wrong, Pyrrah clearly says, "With practice, our aura can be our shield."

Not "our aura can give us a shield" or "our aura can protect us" but quite literally, "our aura can be our shield".

Promotional video also supports this, saying "Aura is primarily used as a defensive mechanism, passively coating the wielder in a protective force field." This clearly means the aura in reference, is passively coated in the form of a force field. I'd also like to point out the word "coated", it's not like other verses forcefield, it's more the shield from Halo.

Who cares if it gives Regenerationn? An overdrive to Ruby would override her bodily controls, causing her to either stand still or walk continually into Jonathan's fist until her aura shatters. He did it to Wang Chan, and Ceaser has done it to Senorita.

So can we stop this "aura protects against hamon" argument? It's now been debunked.

Arigarmy said:
nah i really dont care about who wins/loses i just dont want people to get jojo facts wrong
coolio.

so since aura being immune to hamon has been debunked, all votes using that logic should now be rendered false, right?

Acting like it's been debunked when it hasn't doesn't change the votes. No one has proven it can bypass a forcefield yet.

I voted for Ruby too, though now I believe Jonathan would win.

Jonathan might be a tad weaker than Ruby, but he makes up for it with hax through hamon, letting him completely knock Ruby by charging an overdrive to her head, or simply punching her and forcing her body to walk into his fist over and over till she gets KOd. In-character he might not start like this, but he's durable and fast long enough till he realises it's his only option to take her out.

Ruby has the range and speed with her semblance, but in-character, she also ties physical combat with her attacks, going in for a slash or two which will end up being her downfall. Jonathan will counter her scythe with a metal silver overdrive and slam her into the ground, charging an overdrive against her skull or something along those lines.

@Jinx then youll just be spiuting the same unsupported arguments in threads until the admins get fed up woth it and make a rule banning the use of it as an argument

We don't need to debunk hamon bypassing a forcefield, I've proven it can bypass aura. Here you go, for the third time, be sure to click every single link:

ProfessorLord said:
Aura ITSELF is what is coating the user in the forcefield, it's clearly proven in the promotional video. Aura does not generate energy to coat the user, it is the energy.

A stand is not your soul
, it is a manifestation of your soul. Narrarator explained that (admittedly anime only), even Kira appearing as a soul/ghost proves it, if his stand really was his soul, he would look like Killer Queen. He even summons Killer Queen as a spirit, so his soul clearly isn't Killer Queen. Regardless if you label a stand as a "soul", it's clearly not, since you can't have two souls. Having a manifestation of your soul shattered (in this case, a stand) doesn't necessarily mean your soul shatters, it just means that manifestation created has been destroyed.

Aura is not your soul, it is a manifestation of your soul. Promotional video explained that, Pyrrah explained that as well. To say it is not is incorrect, no matter how you spin it. Having a manifestation of your soul shattered (in this case, aura) doesn't necessarily mean your soul shatters, it just means that manifestation has been destroyed.

Joseph using hamon against a tangible manifestation is cano. Aura appears as a tangible manifestation, it's proven when the Grimm, whom lack a soul and therefore aura, are also able to interact against aura.

Now let me REALLY spell this one out for anyone who likes to misinterpret shit:

This means JONATHAN is able to use hamon against TANGIBLE manifestations of the soul, which INCLUDES aura.

There's no difference between Joseph and Jonathan's hamo (or any hamon, really) aside from maybe proficency and potency, and even that is not too far off. If Joseph is able to use hamon against tangible manifestations, this means Jonathan should be able to use it too.

No, thats does not in any way debunk aura as you refuse to acknowledge how aura actually works in favor of your personal opinion. Even arigarmy, our jojo expert, agreed it wouldn't bypass aura?

1) Joseph attacked the World with Hermit Purple

2) Being able to harm a soul =/= being capable of bypassing forcefields, hence why we established many times that people like Sans cannot do that.

WeeklyBattles said:
No, thats does not in any way debunk aura as you refuse to acknowledge how aura actually works in favor of your personal opinion. Even arigarmy, our jojo expert, agreed it wouldn't bypass aura?
So you don't actually have a counter-argument? Saying I refuse to understand how it works isn't a counter-argument of any kind.

Your jojo expert provided an actual counter-argument, to which I refuted and I haven't seen a response against me since.

Hes not going to be able to hold her down, if he tries she just semblances away like she did when roman tried to restrain her.

pre timeskip ruby has lead with range on more than one occasion, hell the first fight we even see for her is lead with range. FreeIng him in ice or electrocuting him woth lightning dust with a homing explosion would leave him vulnerable, her semblance can both blitz him and oneshot him, And sba places them far apart giving ruby a starting advantage with her far better range

DMB 1 said:
1) Joseph attacked the World with Hermit Purple
2) Being able to harm a soul =/= being capable of bypassing forcefields, hence why we established many times that people like Sans cannot do that.
Correct.

Correct. Luckily, Joseph/Jonathan have never harmed anyones soul. Joseph has however interacted with a tangible manifestation of the soul. Aura is a tangible manifestation of the soul.

Hamon can pass through hamon. Which is life energy and jal stated that hamon can do that only if hamon can go through hamon. Which hamon can.

Joseph "hurt" the World only thanks to Hermit Purple. Everyone with a stand can punch one, that's why hamon worked, because Joseph had a stand

Jonathan here doesn't.

WeeklyBattles said:
Hes not going to be able to hold her down, if he tries she just semblances away like she did when roman tried to restrain her.
pre timeskip ruby has lead with range on more than one occasion, hell the first fight we even see for her is lead with range. FreeIng him in ice or electrocuting him woth lightning dust with a homing explosion would leave him vulnerable, her semblance can both blitz him and oneshot him, And sba places them far apart giving ruby a starting advantage with her far better range
Still no counter-argument to hamon being able to bypass aura.

Yes she has range, but like I said, she tends to give it up a lot when she approaches her opponent for CQC. Ice rounds are easily countered through Jonathan's Scarlet Red Overdrive, in which is hamon literally generates flames, which should allow him to break free. Electrocuting him will slow him down would leave him vulnerable, but as Ruby goes in to close the gap, it should wear off by then.

Her semblance cannot blitz him, it just allows her to be faster than him. Ruby couldn't even blitz past Mercury, he intercepted her with a kick, basically ending the fight. Jonathan would do the same, and then remove her weapon, ending the fight.

DMB already debunked it. interacting =/= bypassing

And how exactly is Jonathan going to be able to breathe to activate Scarlet red when he's frozen solid in a block of ice?

No it can blitz him, speed is equalized. Her semblance has speedblitz ed people who are as fast as and faster than herself before then could react.

Hamon itself won't really hurt anyone. However, it can still be very effective in either knocking a person out (got me ****** if you want me searching for that in the manga, ask J-Man), or straight up killing them , though it does require to be held there for some time.

It can also override vampires, and humans body control , allowing the hamon user to literally control them from a pinch.

Can Jonathan do any of the moves you listed other than the knocking out a human one.

DMB 1 said:
Joseph "hurt" the World only thanks to Hermit Purple. Everyone with a stand can punch one, that's why hamon worked, because Joseph had a stand
Jonathan here doesn't.
DMB 1 said:
Problem is, if you can interact with something, it doesn't mean that you can automatically go through it.
I specifically didn't use The World in my argument, I used the Empress. The Empress was a tangible stand, since it was connected to Joseph's flesh. The Empress is still a manifestation, even if it is tangible, and Joseph had successfully conducted hamon through her, without Hermit Purple.

If you had read what I said, you would have known this. Joseph can conduct hamon through tangible manifestations of the soul. This includes aura, since it is also a tangible manifestation of the soul.

And nobody said Jonathan could bypass aura altogether, I had just said that hamon can bypass aura, allowing for the multiple body hax it carries.

WeeklyBattles said:
Hamon is not is not life energy, its solar energy
It is though weekly. Its outright stated plenty of times. Hell its why hamon can evolve into a stand . Ya claim ya well aware of how hamon and jjba yet ya deny a key aspect of hamon? .

Also dmb. Hamon wpuldnt have damaged a stand anyway even when being used with hp because only a stand can harm a stand or something on par (the alley) joseph would have ysed hp and how would have damaged the world while the hamon whould have phase through za warudo. Or can hold channel water and make water harm stands or something mate? No.

Hamon is stated so many times that its energy identical to that which is produced by the sun that im amazed that people are arguing its not. Its the reason why it works to counter vampires and the pillar men, even when Kars attains his ultimate form he flat out states that the sun doesnt affect him any more which is why hamon has no effect against him.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
It is though weekly. Its outright stated plenty of times. Hell its why hamon can evolve into a stand . Ya claim ya well aware of how hamon and jjba yet ya deny a key aspect of hamon? .

Also dmb. Hamon wpuldnt have damaged a stand anyway even when being used with hp because only a stand can harm a stand or something on par (the alley) joseph would have ysed hp and how would have damaged the world while the hamon whould have phase through za warudo. Or can hold channel water and make water harm stands or something mate? No.
Well I'm not sure if it would count as life energy. Because it specifically says that it is an energy identical to the sun's ray that is produced through controlled breathing.

WeeklyBattles said:
DMB already debunked it. interacting =/= bypassing
And how exactly is Jonathan going to be able to breathe to activate Scarlet red when he's frozen solid in a block of ice?

No it can blitz him, speed is equalized. Her semblance has speedblitz ed people who are as fast as and faster than herself before then could react.
Correct, but it still means hamon can interact past the skin-tight forcefield that's connected to Ruby as well, allowing for body-hax.

When has her ice rounds ever just frozen someone solid in one go? And Jonathan has used hamon when he hasn't been able to breathe before, he just gathers whatever residual hamon in his body and uses Scarlet Red to burn a hole for himself to breathe, and later break out.

She can't blitz Mercury when he was right in front of her. She can't blitz Jonathan.

WeeklyBattles said:
Hamon is stated so many times that its energy identical to that which is produced by the sun that im amazed that people are arguing its not. Its the reason why it works to counter vampires and the pillar men, even when Kars attains his ultimate form he flat out states that the sun doesnt affect him any more which is why hamon has no effect against him.
Yeah. Hamon had been used because hamon can be and acts alsmost the same as the sun. That doesnt change the multitude if quotes dictating hamon is also life energy and acts and can act the exact same way as aura and when not having a channel acts passively.

And gamon also has the whole nonphysical aspect as well.

Oh and hamon actually was made because solar energy wasnt enough. Kars can walk and move around the sun. See satana. The men would only turn to stone for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back