• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(RP) Legion of Man - Meta Thread #1

Yeah but in the context of the rp Snake really has no choice but to keep Jayden, not to mention the OP WBS ability of which Jayden bears could be a gargantuan asset to Snake during missions (ie. Erasing walls, ears, people, keypads, etc.) Plus it's not like Servant stealing tech exists of which could extract Jayden's Servant and bestow it upon a more worthy person...

Overlord775 said:
unless Snake pulls out a medikit, Jeffery is dead. None of us has healing abilities, so we can't save him
Why do people forgot that just because somthing is a weapon, it doesn't mean that it can't help you?

Andy can just use Yago and get a weapon to heal him

Or a "Slurp juice" or sorts. After all this RP does include many fictional verses, who isn't to say that Snake merely stole one of these from an alternate verse? Although keeping Jeffery injured would keep the story more realistic and serve to generate future drama.

SwathingDegenera777 said:
Although keeping Jeffery injured would keep the story more realistic
we are fighting by summoning persons from dead universes, all of which have magical abilities like scraping space or turning in to stone

realism was trown out of a window the moment we met All Might

Also I have an idea of sorts for something we could do to pass time between chapters... Canonical fluff of the PC group getting to know each other. Think, while Proof is writing up the next chap, they bestow upon us a short guideline and we just fly with it? Our PCs hang and they get to know each other better?

That js, of course prof deems such "aokay"

Yago can create a healing weapon.

Snake does have a medkit but he would rather not use it on strangers.

@Swathing I actually like that idea, I'll think about it.

A story can be realistic in other regards. Such as grief, injury, trauma associated with injury, hope, failure, etc.

Imagine a story about a bunch of kids embarking on a quest to find a water source for their hometown after a corporation privatizes water and charges excessively for it? Only for the protags to die of dehydration as they slowly realize that the water source they were told of was a false lead.

Now you could transplant that into a fantasy setting with Chocobos and Aliens, and the core message of pouring all your hopes into one last venture and failing horribly would he maintained. And nothing is more relatable than trying your hardest only to fail.

The point is, a story can be realistic In ways other than setting Overlord. Hopefully this doesn't come off as ruderino or dickishcito...

[Also thanks for liking me idea prof! Anyway if y'all need me I'mma be working on a short story implementing ASCII art... I'll be back sometime later...]

I am quite busy and am not able to consistently answer questions atm.

If someone can explain the plot as of now for this chapter I would appreciate it, though really people are just being lazy. There's nothing stopping you from glossing over the paragraphs of context that I wrote.

Yobobojojo said:
I tried. I am still bamboozled
to re-cap:

we were sent to another universe

we found ourself in a water container, we escaped,

then we took an elevator and killer a few guards,

after that we went to the armory and Jeffery got shot by Snake.

Then we fought against Snake and the new players

and after a while we decided to stop tring to kill each other and be friends.

that's all you need to know

I will resume the game in an hour or two, I think I can be consistently active after that. Again, sorry for the inconvienance, I can answer questions about the chapter here if you are confused, though I cannot fully commit to being active.

I could stop the break now, but seeing as how I didn't initiate a break and left you guys alone for half a day or so and the thread was completely shit on (lol) I think it's best if I only continue in high activity moments such as now if I am fully active and can commit.

EDIT: I'm available around 2PM EST. I will get this chapter done today. I also have been proactive on chapter three, so there should be little delay for that.

Back