• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
One piece 635 roronoa zoro by spitfire95-d477lqk
02. Takeshi Yamamoto2
Ok, another match between swordmnn begin!!

3 swords vs 4 swords

use Dressrosa Arc Zoro andYamamoto with Original Vongola Ring in this fight.

Fight at Water 7.

Speed equalized.

Ok, who is the winner?

Current votes:

Yamamoto: 9 (Blanked, GalaxianAegis, Litentric Teon, GokuBold, Roymaster11, Blahblah9755, Bluetrekking, Knightofannihilation666, Theglassman12)

Zoro: 0

Inconclusive: 0

Takeshi has quite of a versitalty advantage and has more range focused abilities in case he was overwhelmed in close combat.

He's 16 in this fight and has all things that list on his page, except only Cambio Forma Version Vongola Gear which he has it in final version.

Lol, I was just about to create this match and it was already done.

Yamamoto has the advantage of being able to slow down Zoro so that his attacks can be more effective for which I don't think Zoro really has any counter.

My vote goes to Yamamoto for that reason.

How does his slowing work? Zoro has experience with that from Foxy.

Giving this to Zoro via experience, Stamina, Precog and stat amplification via Busoshoku Haki.

Yamamoto can cast the Rain flames out over the opponent and it causes them to become slower. During his fight with Genkishi in the Choice Arc, Yamamoto was able to slow down his missiles to the point that they were stagnant. It's described like this on his profile.

• Tranquility: Rain Flame's characteristic. It allows the Flame's wielder to slow down their opponent's movements or attacks. One proficient in the usage of the Rain Flame can use its Tranquility characteristic to such a degree that anything entering a certain barrier will be completely immobilized, effectively breaking a machine or killing a human.

@Knightofannihilation666 Let me explain something.

Like GalaxianAegis explained, Yamamoto can use rain flame to slow down opponents. He can also use his swallow to spatter rain flame from sky like real rain to make opponent slower. Which I don't think even Zoro's precog can dodge this rain especially when Yamamoto also attacking him too.

Another, rain flame can also negete opponent power. That's mean it can negete Busoshoku Haki too. Yamamoto always cover his swords with rain flame, so he can break through it with that.

I'd also like to note that Yamamoto has beaten people like Squalo and Genkishi that have many years of experience over him through his own skill. He's more than capable of holding his own in this fight skill and experience wise.

WilliamShadow said:
@Knight Haki is already counted in his AP as his feats are done with haki.

Actually i believe your thinking about his "Likely 7-A" Key. His other key comes from Pica's Flower Hill feat IIRC. I'll ask Cin.

My vote goes to Takeshi via his versatility advantage. Zoro does have more experience, but Yamamoto was able to defeat the literal best mafia swordsman in the country after just a few months of training, and was even able to tag the best hitman in their verse, that being Reborn. I think that this makes the experience gap relatively negligible in addition to him being able to more efficiently fight at mid range with his rain flames.

It's 5 for Yamamoto now. need 2 more for him to conclude this.

Well my thread usually be like this I used to need to bump a thread for 5 months to make it concluded. Hope this isn't turn to be longer than that.

Yamamoto for the reasons above. Also, I thought you could add at 5 if it was unanimous and a grace period had passed.

Another quick question. How does a slowing move exactly work in a speed equalized match? And if this is the 7-A forms how far is Yama into 7-A?

That's a good point. Techniques that alter speed are rendered null here. Though slowing down his attacks would still be a viable thing, as well as attacco de squalo.

I'm trying to figure out where Yamamoto's technique falls, for it's a technique that calms the body, hence the tranquility aspect, and that's what results in the hindered movement, as opposed to affecting the speed itself.

@Litentric

Tranquility might actually prove as a double edged sword here if it truly makes the enemy calm. Kenbunshoku Haki was very specifically said to work best whenever the user is calm.

With that being said I'm not sure If the previous votes should count since they were based on slowing down speed in a speed equalized match.

However if Takeshi is 172 MegaTons then he'll win with the AP advantage. Zoro scales to Pica who has a 120 Megaton feat.

Ah. I see.

That's a fair point. I agree. I'll stand by with the other things I said without regards the speed, until a conclusion is reached about whether or not the rain's slowing effects would be permitted, regardless of how they specifically fuction.

Gotcha. Thanks for the information.

Well, in my opinion, Rain Flame's main effect is hindered movement, which have indirect effect to slow down movement since the body can't move effectively. Even we didn't care about speed slow down, Zoro still has hard time with ineffective movement body of him.

I found this thread which discuss about speed equalized. Look like something that affect the speed indirectly is allowed. So I think our case should be ok.

Anyway, Since Yamamoto already won, I'll request this to be added.

Back