• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Diavolo is very likely to be hit by a snap Heaven's Door before he can do jack. He can't cover the distance fast enough to one-shot Rohan, either. Even if it Just Works and he skips some time, Rohan's too far away to be dead and Rohan will just Heaven's Door again.

I don't see Diavolo escaping this. Rohan just has to use Heaven's Door, while Diavolo has to look into the future and the use King Crimson, which won't even secure a victory.

I vote Rohan.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
If Diavolo looks into Epitaph and sees Heaven's Door, will he get opened up?
I was thinking in proposing Nonexistent Physiology to everything in the erased time. Just pointing that out.

Just because one can look into the future doesn't mean they'll shoot first. Diavolo needs to look into the future and then act, Rohan just acts.

They are just beginning the battle, they aren't in the middle of it.

The both start with precog and insta-win respectily, however only one of them is thought based/faster than the other.

ThePixelKirby said:
Just because one can look into the future doesn't mean they'll shoot first. Diavolo needs to look into the future and then act, Rohan just acts.
Just a reminder that Epitaph let Diavolo react to GER's movements by acting pre-emptively. Diavolo's precog is no small matter

The difference is that in that case he already was in a fight

In this fight he has to first activate epitaph then activate king crimson before being heaven's doored

Right, but he has to take the time to see into the future. He has to process that thought, then King Crimson, which won't even give him a win. Rohan only needs to Heaven's Door, so he hits first.

Diavolo could just erase time and then hide for some seconds while Rohan wonders what just happened,erase time again and give Rohan the Kakyoin treatment and if that doesnt work,rise and repeat.

Diavolo gets my vote.

He only did it at the end, without even showing that before. Also Doppio.

It's still comprehension + action vs just action. .001 seconds taken to think about the future is still more than 0.

Until this point is debated, Axl's vote can not be counted.

Since when was Rohan's ability... THAT quick?

Basically: Rohan writes into the air and summons HD > HD reaches your eye/punches you > You get booked.

It's not thought-based instantaneous incap.

He doesn't need to write, or reach, or anything. He needs to point, which with MFTL+ reactions, is fast enough. Heck, it's debatable if he even needs to point.

Meanwhile, King Crimson needs to first look into the future and see what's going to happen, realize what's happening, and skip it, while also hitting Rohan instantly since if he doesn't reach Rohan and kills him instantly, he loses.

Rohan needs to, at most, point. King Crimson, at least, needs to look through Epitaph, think of a plan of action based on it, use King Crimson, and one-shot Rohan, who is 200 meters away.

At the very least, the panels Efficiente showed do give the advantage to Diavolo. Now, maybe those panels were outliers/cherrypicked, i don't know. But looking at the panels, it seems that Diavolo looked at the future and in the middle of this forecasting is deciding what to erase. So we may not be in a situation where: he needs to look at the full 10 seconds forecast then after that erases stuff.

Now maybe Efficiente (or someone else) can tell me how the panel is supposed to be interpreted.

The second point is that Diavolo's actions seem to be thought based for both Diavolo and his Stand while Heaven Door's abilities does require movement from the Stand (pointing a finger being the movement). That being said, speed is unequalized here, so if there are indications HD is a faster Stand than Crimson I'll probably vote Rohan. Otherwise I'm strongly leaning toward Diavolo here.

Visual Ref
King Crimson erase Time boi

I think Diavolo win mainly because KIng Crimson would erase the effects of Heavens door and then proceed to punch a hole in Rohan without him noticing it

Eficiente said it the best (Diavolo re-acts before it, just like this.)

Plus im pretty sure he is faster,he blitzed chariot wich is equal to platinum in terms of speed while Rohan is much more slower.

Epitaph is OP sure, but can Diavolo run 200 m in 10 seconds? What speed are they equalised to? If its Diavolo's supersonic, he wins. If its Rohan's speed, he wins due to Diavolo not crossing the distance in time.

Note: The subsonic on Rohan's profile is not his movement speed, but his hand speed while drawing. Going by the race he ran against Avatar of Hermes, he should be Peak Human in movement speed. I'll bring it up in revisions.

TacticalNuke002 said:
The deciding factor is whether Diavolo can close the distance in 10 seconds. And for that, I need my question answered.
Speed is unequal so he can cross the distance no problem.

@TacticalNuke002 Well if you consider this: King Crimson allows Diavolo to move in a time where King Crimson completely erases, or "skips" a portion of that time for up to ten seconds. During this time, the actions that would've played during those ten seconds play out as they normally would, but everyone except for Diavolo would be aware that these actions had already occured when time resumes normally. And sinds Diavolo speed is Subsonic (Faster than the Eye) (Mach 0.1-0.5) (34.3-171.5 m/s or 76.7-383.6 mph)

Rohan can win but the chance is almost 0%. Only way I see him winning is if Diavolo messes up big time or acts like a dumbass and doesn't heed Epitaph's warning.

Thats unlikely for Diavolo becuase his Intelligence state: Devious; was able to develop complex plans while keeping his identity a secret

TacticalNuke002 said:
Rohan can win but the chance is almost 0%. Only way I see him winning is if Diavolo messes up big time or acts like a dumbass and doesn't heed Epitaph's warning.
Nah. Diavolo isn't Kira.

>Literally no argument for how Diavolo's step by step process makes him faster than Rohan's one move.

I know how Weekly feels now.

Diavolo's precog lets him see what's coming and he immediately goes timeskip. Its a smooth transition from Epitaph to King Crimson with almost no delay. Due to supersonic movement speed, he crosses the 200m distance within 10 seconds and donuts Rohan.

Back