• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Roblox Discussion

No, it just counts as reaction timing, much like how Rivals of Aether characters can parry lightning (ik they’re two completely different games but they both have a parry system so I’m using it)

Im thinking of how parry legit was mean to work on anything but ig it doesnt matter because how would the player survive ethiron stuff which is actually happened lore wise

Actually since you brought it up, why don’t we have a normal robloxian profile again?
The "default" Robloxian doesn't really have any consistent lore and, even if they do, most games will ignore that. The closest thing to lore were whatever admins (e.g, Sorcus, Shedletsky/Telamon, BrightEyes) posted on the site: catalog items, groups, blog posts, the like.
Robloxians are shown to be a kind of character in promotional material. In player-made games, however, anything like "inherent abilities" that these characters may or may not have will almost always get ignored cuz' game developers don't really care about them. There's default systems like Roblox pre-made inventory system and character controller (hence infinite-sized inventories and player characters that can withstand extreme falls in a lot of games), but it shouldn't be assumed by default for player characters. Monster Islands, for instance, only lets you use a small number of items at once.

As for site admin stuff, it's all over the place:
Sorcus made a blog stating that 20 studs is equal to 1 meter. (studs are the game's unit of measurement that the engine uses, name is from the old studs that parts used to have by default). Almost a decade later, Studio's world panel states that 1 stud is equal to 0.28 meters (20 studs is equal to 5.6 meters). Regardless of both of these, developers on the site just use whatever scale is convenient for them. I like to lowball my calcs to the 1 stud = 0.28 meters thing, but a more full human size (e.g, 1 stud = 0.3368 meters) scale would be more accurate for most games since characters are outright stated to be humans a lot of the time.

Shedletsky had a blog stating that the world of each game is entirely made out of plastic and that "new materials were being discovered and that Robloxians were implied to be small (The size in the video is a little small, a player that is 0.25 meters tall would definitely be halfway up to an adult man's knee)

Gears are an even bigger mess because 1). they're no longer being developed and 2). they were developed by different developers over the years (the most recent one, TakeoHonorable, I actually have direct contact to). Gears are basically like Marvel comics: bunch of different authors as time passes by. One gear developer could make Rainbow Periastron a basic melee weapon, whereas Takeo had plans to make it have an attack that could annihilate an entire-ass galaxy.
Gears have feats that can get scaled, I've done it before, it's just that most of them are bugged and games seldom use them anymore.

Old Roblox definitely had more of a "games are kinda interconnected" kind of thing going on, what with the idea of gears. New roblox functions more like a platform with individual games. Old robloxians were like the player characters, New robloxians are more akin to Xbox avatars.

About the Deepwoken Player page, how will talents be treated? Do we list all the possible talents they can get in-game on the profile? How would it work in an actual matchup, since the Player can't really have every talent in-game simultaneously, nor can they use every attunement simultaneously.

About the Deepwoken Player page, how will talents be treated? Do we list all the possible talents they can get in-game on the profile? How would it work in an actual matchup, since the Player can't really have every talent in-game simultaneously, nor can they use every attunement simultaneously.
There's a Deepwoken discussion thread and I believe we already gone through this there

Hey guys, can you vote on this thread? There's a high chance that the SBO page will get deleted soon but I don't really care to be honest, just wanted a match for Combat Warriors.

well thats where we come in! what games deserve profiles?
Rogue Lineage and Deepwoken is being worked on so I won't mention them. HOURS is a pretty good one with different flavours of time hax. Heroes of Robloxia, Brickbattler, Phigting, Entry Point, maybe another well made horror game,... I can find some more later but these are the ones that immediately popped into my head.

Last edited:
Rogue Lineage and Deepwoken is being worked on so I won't mention them. HOURS is a pretty good one with different flavours of time hax. Phigting, Entry Point,... I can find some more later but these are the ones that immediately popped into my head.
i DO know phighting has some meat to it, it has canon heights to boot so if anyone wants to do calcs be my guest

Back