• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Roblox DOORS Discussion Thread: The Hotel

Just to be clear, is this bit completely unrelated to every death being canon?
I mean, the Lobby being canon explains how they're able to access the Backdoor and Floor 2 directly. The new animation for when Guiding Light or Curious Light are talking to them have them floating underwater somewhere and guess what's outside of the Lobby?

I mean, the Lobby being canon explains how they're able to access the Backdoor and Floor 2 directly. The new animation for when Guiding Light or Curious Light are talking to them have them floating underwater somewhere and guess what's outside of the Lobby?
Does that mean that the rooms, the hotel, the mines and the back door are in a different plane of existence from the lobby entirely? Y’know like mortal vs afterlife kind of thing?

Does that mean that the rooms, the hotel, the mines and the back door are in a different plane of existence from the lobby entirely? Y’know like mortal vs afterlife kind of thing?
Obviously. You travel between them using portals so they're different dimensions at least with the only exception being the Hotel and the Mines which seem to just be different locations in the same dimension.

I don't think the lobby is really 'canon' to the actual game. there isn't really anything saying it is. pretty sure it's just a game lobby that's not canon to the actual lore of the game.

Obviously. You travel between them using portals so they're different dimensions at least with the only exception being the Hotel and the Mines which seem to just be different locations in the same dimension.
Ok yeah that was definitely a stupid question. Just got home from work so my brain is only partially functioning. I keep thinking “dimensions” and “planes of existence” are separate things.

I don't think the lobby is really 'canon' to the actual game. there isn't really anything saying it is. pretty sure it's just a game lobby that's not canon to the actual lore of the game.
The Player has to go somewhere after they die instead of just restarting the run, right? Would also explain how they're able to travel to the Backdoor because they would need to discover the Rooms and meet Curious Light first.

The Player has to go somewhere after they die instead of just restarting the run, right? Would also explain how they're able to travel to the Backdoor because they would need to discover the Rooms and meet Curious Light first.
this doesn't prove the lobby is canon at all.

again, the lobby is used to go to the various other levels of the game. tehre isn't any proof it has any relevance to the actual story/lore. until it is mentioned, it's assumed it's just a menu for the game and shouldn't be considered when making the profile.

this doesn't prove the lobby is canon at all.

again, the lobby is used to go to the various other levels of the game. tehre isn't any proof it has any relevance to the actual story/lore. until it is mentioned, it's assumed it's just a menu for the game and shouldn't be considered when making the profile.
Very well then. Still doesn't prove that knobs and revives aren't canon.

Figure probably shouldn't have Fear Manipulation anymore, since the heartbeat mini-game was removed from both The Mines and The Library.

Same thing for The Player's Body Control

Figure probably shouldn't have Fear Manipulation anymore, since the heartbeat mini-game was removed from both The Mines and The Library.

Same thing for The Player's Body Control
Wait, they removed it entirely?!? I thought they only removed the minigame for Hide in the Mines. How does hiding from Figure even work now? Does he just immediately lose you if you hide?

Wait, they removed it entirely?!? I thought they only removed the minigame for Hide in the Mines. How does hiding from Figure even work now? Does he just immediately lose you if you hide?
From what I’ve seen through gameplay, now it just stands in front of the closet you’re in for a few seconds and then walks away.

How do you explain the pre-run shop then?
To put it simply, my brain defaults to just “preparation”. Although with the way Doors is, it feels like an odd case where calling it canon or not canon feels like a stretch to me either way, and the big part of it that confuses me is that it’s completely unavailable if you start in the backdoor, info with which you could make a case of it also being the work of guiding light (which ALSO feels like a stretch)

Grumbles would likely scale to 3735.009808 J for biting The Player in half when killing them. The feats says for cutting someone in half, but I’ve seen other profiles linking to that feat for biting someone in half, so there’s an AP value for them.

Last edited:
Grumbles would likely scale to 3735.009808 J for biting The Player in half when killing them. The feats says for cutting someone in half, but I’ve seen other profiles linking to that feat for biting someone in half, so there’s an AP value for them.
Grumbles are massive and can't be banished by the crucifix so they can scale to Figure and humanoid Seek whom we know are 9-B.

Back