• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Roblox Discussion

There seems to be quite a lot of lore in Accesories, such as embodiments of concepts that i sent above, metaphysical manifestations, Madness Manip by just loAoking at him and resistance to it, Immunity to Fear hax, Immunity to Destiny hax, Precognition, Supernatural Luck, Cosmic Consciousness and things i probably haven't seen yet :v
1. Another one of those "legends say that xyz" descriptions where it feels like it could be read from the perspective of someone telling you about this "crazy viking" guy.
2. Feel like the description is giving the reader a pep-talk
3. If it's literal, it says it's 'poisoning your fate', likely meaning it does something bad. Otherwise it's too vague
4. Pretty straightforward, magic sword that whispers the future to its wearer.
5. Could be flowery descriptions. Ingame function doesn't line up since it's just a basic-ass dagger. Same issue as #1
6. Ingame function literally just summons a small tornado and tidal wave. Nothing says that you're manipulating luck to cause disasters to occur. It's a small degree of weather manipulation
7. Seems straightforward too.

Keep in mind that these are all descriptions. 5 and 6 are gears that have ingame functions, and they're not what you think they are. Elven dagger is a dagger that's weaker than the linked sword of all things, and that double disaster staff just summons a small tsunami and tornado.

"Ingame function literally just summons a small tornado and tidal wave. Nothing says that you're manipulating luck to cause disasters to occur. It's a small degree of weather manipulation." It's not because you can summon a tornado and a tsunami, it's because you are safe even when you're literally there.
"Could be flowery descriptions. Ingame function doesn't line up since it's just a basic-ass dagger. Same issue as #1" Well, we do take Lore > Gameplay so i think you could put it as a MAYBE.
"Another one of those "legends say that xyz" descriptions where it feels like it could be read from the perspective of someone telling you about this "crazy viking" guy." About the viking guy well it just says you'll go crazy from looking at it and doesn't seem to mean it figuratively as other gears's description.

"Keep in mind that these are all descriptions." Well yeah! Lore > Gameplay unless it's a ridiculous claim or things that require far more evidence or more straightforward-ness to be taken into account.
Anyway, i've developed a good way to finding wacky lore descriptions, The Roblox Wiki has a lot of catalog items giving out it's description and trivia.
Perhaps you haven't heard about this but, there's a special function that let's you search the words in a site without needing to enter it, showing all the pages in that site that have the key word. Basically you need to type in "site:roblox.fandom.com (Word of your choice, could be Fear or Laugh for example)" and it throws a bunch of results that have that key word. That's how i've been able to find these wacky descriptions for the most part, and if you guys have anymore of that then i'd be glad to have it since i'm actually already scaling the Robloxian with his Catalog in another wiki.

"Ingame function literally just summons a small tornado and tidal wave. Nothing says that you're manipulating luck to cause disasters to occur. It's a small degree of weather manipulation."
It's not because you can summon a tornado and a tsunami, it's because you are safe even when you're literally there.
Not really enough to warrant it being supernatural luck. That just sounds like the immunity you get to your own attacks in most games. Games like Terraria give you immunity to your own attacks.

"Could be flowery descriptions. Ingame function doesn't line up since it's just a basic-ass dagger. Same issue as #1"
Well, we do take Lore > Gameplay so i think you could put it as a MAYBE.
What lore is there outside of it? There's nothing else to the gear other than a description saying that it is rumored to give the wielder victory. The second part is just the description confidently asserting that it will guarentee you a victory; that doesn't mean it will. Especially when its functionality is a weak dagger that gets worf'd by any other sword in the catalog. The description is saying that there's a rumor that it guarantees victory, and the second part just sounds like it's selling something to the reader by saying that the dagger would guarantee a victory (which sounds like an exaggeration w/o anything to back it up).

A better example of lore >> gameplay would be the subspace tripmine gear. Ingame, it goes invisible, and then explodes when anything gets near it. Eyeballing its ingame functionality alone, you could say that it's an explosive weapon with the ability to go invisible.
Its description states that it becomes invisible by entering subspace and its explosion is caused by it ripping a gashing hole in the fabric of reality. Since it explains how it works ingame (and it lines up with its ingame functionality), it makes more sense that the description is talking about how the mine works. Therefore, subspace tripmine's description is literallytalking about how the tripmine functions.

Bundle of TNT's description talks about how TNT is synthesized. The gear's name is "bundle of TNT". It's TNT.

Both subspace tripmine and TNT, without any other information to contradict their descriptions, have descriptions that can be used to reliably gauge what the gear does. They talk about how they work, their ingame functionality demonstrates
The elven blade of glory, ingame, is a basic-ass dagger. There's a possibility that descriptions aren't always talking about the gear from an informative perspective.

The Bluesteel Alterer of Destiny is an example of another gear where the description is too vague and doesn't line up with the functionality of it ingame. It says that the "future lies in your hand" and its functionality is that of a sword. Are they saying you can literally manipulate the future with some kind of magic power, or is it more likely

"Another one of those "legends say that xyz" descriptions where it feels like it could be read from the perspective of someone telling you about this "crazy viking" guy."
About the viking guy well it just says you'll go crazy from looking at it and doesn't seem to mean it figuratively as other gears's description.
The hat doesn't have an ingame functionality either, so there's not much you can really do with it.

"Keep in mind that these are all descriptions."
Well yeah! Lore > Gameplay unless it's a ridiculous claim or things that require far more evidence or more straightforward-ness to be taken into account.
It sounds like you're describing Occam's Razor (the assumption with less evidence is usually [note: usually] the more likely scenario). The Bluesteel Alterer of Destiny is another another gear where the description sounds crazy and doesn't line up with the functionality of it ingame. It says that the "future of all lies in your hands" and its functionality is that of a sword. Are they saying you can literally manipulate the future with some kind of magic power, or is it more likely that the description is saying that it's a tool that you can use to change the future (by killing somebody). Because you can also influence the future by killing some important guy with a sword. The name of the sword sounds like it'd be used by some kind of hero.

Another gear with a description that sounds like an absurb claim would be Poseidon's Quake Trident. It states that you can "shake the land and sea" with it. Its ingame functionality doesn't let you create hugeass earthquakes and tsunamis with it, but it does let you create localized quakes and small tidal waves with it. Therefore, its description lines up with the fact that it can shake the land and sea, just not THE land and THE sea; it can't shake a huge landmass and/or the entire ocean at once, just small amounts of land. There's the possibility of it just having a nerfed ingame functionality - it is what appears to be Poseidon's trident after all - but there is nothing else suggesting otherwise.

Anyway, i've developed a good way to finding wacky lore descriptions, The Roblox Wiki has a lot of catalog items giving out it's description and trivia.
Perhaps you haven't heard about this but, there's a special function that let's you search the words in a site without needing to enter it, showing all the pages in that site that have the key word. Basically you need to type in "site:roblox.fandom.com (Word of your choice, could be Fear or Laugh for example)" and it throws a bunch of results that have that key word. That's how i've been able to find these wacky descriptions for the most part, and if you guys have anymore of that then i'd be glad to have it since i'm actually already scaling the Robloxian with his Catalog in another wiki.
I forgot I could do site: with the search bar. Thank you!

Come to think about it, yeah most of what you say does make sense except about the accesories.
For the gears we HAVE something to compare, that being the functionality of it having in gameplay, to see how the weapon truly works in practice, however, the accesories are a bit more niche in the sense that they, as accesories, don't really do anything. So in this case, what should we do? I propose that we take them literally unless it's doing some weird metaphor or some wacky mental gymnastic OR that it just makes the lore be more rich, like how big the Roblox verse is, what factions is has or how it works.

I forgot I could do site: with the search bar. Thank you!
No problem!

No offense bro but some of these are the most blatant use of flowery language I’ve ever seen, especially the acausality and fate Hax. Have you tested some of this stuff in game? Because some art just cosmetic items and not actual gears with abilities.

Seriously I don’t get how you’re coming to these conclusions.

In-Gameplay stuff will always be surpassed by In-Lore stuff, we use gameplay to discover what the gears actually do and how it works.
With accesories we need to go entirely based on the lore/description to see what it means and what it can do. OBVIOUSLY an accesory won't give you the ability to alter time at whim or tell you what's going to happen in the future.

No offense bro but some of these are the most blatant use of flowery language I’ve ever seen, especially the acausality and fate Hax. Have you tested some of this stuff in game? Because some art just cosmetic items and not actual gears with abilities.

Seriously I don’t get how you’re coming to these conclusions.
Pretty much this. Accessories aren't even supposed to have any abilities. Accessories can have some kind of feat description to them, but they have zero effect ingame.

Pretty much this. Accessories aren't even supposed to have any abilities. Accessories can have some kind of feat description to them, but they have zero effect ingame.
Quoting what you said regarding this accesory: "Pretty straightforward, magic sword that whispers the future to its wearer." In any case, accesories do bring out some lore like the wars or Roblox's cosmology.
If we were to judge Lore by Gameplay, then many videogame verses wouldn't surpass Tier 2 because they can't destroy the background or shit like that. We either drop all the accesories with the lore such as Cosmology and wars or analize them all.

Quoting what you said regarding this accesory: "Pretty straightforward, magic sword that whispers the future to its wearer." In any case, accesories do bring out some lore like the wars or Roblox's cosmology.
If we were to judge Lore by Gameplay, then many videogame verses wouldn't surpass Tier 2 because they can't destroy the background or shit like that. We either drop all the accesories with the lore such as Cosmology and wars or analize them all.
I don't think you understand what I'm getting at. Most of these are cosmetic items with cool descriptions meant to just... sound cool and sell the item. If it was a gear that you brought in game and could do stuff with that would make more sense but these are just cosmetic items that don't have any powers or use.

In this case judging lore by gameplay is VERY applicable and if anything is proving to me we may need some rules on how we powerscale roblox stuff.

I don't think you understand what I'm getting at. Most of these are cosmetic items with cool descriptions meant to just... sound cool and sell the item. If it was a gear that you brought in game and could do stuff with that would make more sense but these are just cosmetic items that don't have any powers or use.

In this case judging lore by gameplay is VERY applicable and if anything is proving to me we may need some rules on how we powerscale roblox stuff.
You could create rules for scaling ROBLOX specifically but you'd need more proof other than "Um, it doesn't do anything in the gameplay even though Roblox wouldn't want players to be GOD in everygame"

In-Gameplay stuff will always be surpassed by In-Lore stuff, we use gameplay to discover what the gears actually do and how it works.
With accesories we need to go entirely based on the lore/description to see what it means and what it can do. OBVIOUSLY an accesory won't give you the ability to alter time at whim or tell you what's going to happen in the future.
So the conclusion is, those descriptions are just hyperbole if feats don't match

You could create rules for scaling ROBLOX specifically but you'd need more proof other than "Um, it doesn't do anything in the gameplay even though Roblox wouldn't want players to be GOD in everygame"
Why creating an exception rule for roblox to let those hyperbolic statements to be scaled?

When i say rules for roblox I think it could also widely apply to other gaming platforms where most of the content is user generated.

I am arguing over the crux of the rule itself. It will allow hyperbolic statements to be counted, which goes against the whole site's standards.

I am arguing over the crux of the rule itself. It will allow hyperbolic statements to be counted, which goes against the whole site's standards.
I'm with you on this. I was just bringing up rules being made for Roblox in specific because stuff like hyperbolic statements is def an issue but with Roblox it can be more ambiguous

Stuff like the clan accessories/gears add onto the worldbuilding of a specific group on the platform because somebody who handles the lore for said group states that they're canon to it, yes. Otherwise, the cosmology is too damn over the place for me to really come to a conclusion right now. Remember that hats were made over the years by different creators, and not all of them bother with consistency. It's not like the guy who

Actually, hold on, there's a community called the Loreverse community (Here's the group for Loreverse). Story behind the clan stuff is that Brighteyes (a roblox admin) created a hat called the Korblox mandible helmet, serving as a generic berserker helmet. Sorcus expanded on the whole clan thing (redcliff, korblox, KotSS) with new hats and gears.
One of Roblox's admins expanded upon the clan stuff, not "roblox itself". Loreverse is a continuation of said clans that isn't done by the admins but, rather, high ranks of the groups made by admins. Loreverse could probably be its own lil' verse that isn't part of 'official roblox'.

Loreverse doesn't actually take the rest of the catalog into account. Just whatever they want to use. This is saying no to stuff like "muh sword that tells the future".
gear.PNG

They also swatted away the idea of using the overseers cuz' the seventh sanctum took their spot in their lil' lore.
image.png

The reason I bring up gameplay is because hats don't have any functionality whatsoever. Gears had functionality and abilities ingame that paired with them - either adding onto that description by demonstrating that it does something, or contradicting it. Gears without their descriptions would be missing a lot of details because descriptions added onto them - either with flowery language, flavor text, or an explanation talking about how it works. Hats had no ingame functionality and were just made to sound cool for the most part.

I can understand why you concern "lore >> gameplay". Lightning Wand has a description implying it harnesses lightning to perform attacks. Now, it doesn't have any in game visual of it summoning lightning to it, but it looks like a a lightning rod and it shoots lil' lightning bolt projectiles ingame. That has more of an implication that it's using said lightning to attack than something like Alterer of Destiny manipulating fate to do stuff.

The individual game devs wouldn't want players to be god in every game. There are games where you can play god, but forcing that in every game would turn developers off from the platform

Roblox has turned from a sandbox game that lets you toy around to what is effectively its own platform for games made with Studio. Not all developers would want to deal with the people running the site doing something astoundingly stupid such as forcing them to abide by dumb lore.

The reason I bring up gameplay is because hats don't have any functionality whatsoever. Gears had functionality and abilities ingame that paired with them - either adding onto that description by demonstrating that it does something, or contradicting it. Gears without their descriptions would be missing a lot of details because descriptions added onto them - either with flowery language, flavor text, or an explanation talking about how it works. Hats had no ingame functionality and were just made to sound cool for the most part.

I can understand why you concern "lore >> gameplay". Lightning Wand has a description implying it harnesses lightning to perform attacks. Now, it doesn't have any in game visual of it summoning lightning to it, but it looks like a a lightning rod and it shoots lil' lightning bolt projectiles ingame. That has more of an implication that it's using said lightning to attack than something like Alterer of Destiny manipulating fate to do stuff.
I do acknowledge that they're worded in a way that it makes it seem "cool" or "outstanding", but we can't just disregard it only because of that, you quite literally accepted an accesory being capable of looking through space-time with absolutely nothing to back it up.
Accesories are a pretty niche topic but i think that if they're straightforward or talk about the lore or cosmology then we can take them in account, there's certainly questionable things like a spear that never misses, Robloxians having some sort of gravity pull or truly flowery language like the minion's googles being since the dawn of time but i think we're missing out a KEY point here.
SURE, for us they're accesories that do nothing in-game other than being cosmetics, but have you thought what the Robloxian's perspective looks like? Imagine you had, for example, this sword, yes, it's an accesory but the character STILL has it, and with the immeasurable amount of proof that we have that the Robloxian can use swords with no problem, why can't he use this sword? The answer is quite simple, and i will further back it up in my next reply.

The individual game devs wouldn't want players to be god in every game. There are games where you can play god, but forcing that in every game would turn developers off from the platform

Roblox has turned from a sandbox game that lets you toy around to what is effectively its own platform for games made with Studio. Not all developers would want to deal with the people running the site doing something astoundingly stupid such as forcing them to abide by dumb lore.
It is true that not all developers wouldn't want to abide by some random lore the staff thought about, but you're forgetting an important thing.
IT'S NOT the developers that forbid the use of accesories as legitimate weapons, it's ROBLOX themselves due to them cataloging accesories as well, acessories. You have the option to allow or not allow gears into your game, but most developers don't forbid accesories, which don't do anything because of ROBLOX not actually giving them an actual function in-game.

About the other thing you were commenting up there, that seems like we could use it for doing a profile eventually and i don't think it's nearly as slow to do as an hypothetical official Robloxian profile.

Final Stand protagonist about to solo all tier 9 verses.

Unsure, Plates of Fate maybe since they can do shit like link peoples lives together, summon a giant eye (that can target themselves) amongst other things
I haven't played Plates of Fate in a while so my memory is a bit hazy. Is there a wiki or something that lists all the ingame events?

Here's the P&A from Player events

Forcefield creation (Can be given a forcefield for a Minute), Self-Size manip (Can be turned smaller), explosion manip (Can be turned into a time bomb), self-Perception Manipulation (Can be blinded or have their vision blurred), Stat amp (Can have their HP Doubled) self ice manip (Can become frozen) Purification (Can be removed of effects) self-Electricity Manipulation (Can be given a Shock Collar that will electrocute them if their not on their plate),
Fragrance Manipulation (Can be made smelly which forms a toxic cloud around them)

Also I'm a bit unsure how to word some of the powers cause the players can't really control what happens to them.

Heres what they get from weapons

Explosion manip (Can call down explosive airstrikes with Airstrike Radio, can cause explosions with C4, Dynamite, mines, Rocket Launcher, Explosive Barrel, explosive pie, spike bomb, spike bomb Launcher, time bomb, and Self Destruct Button), Healing (Can heal with various items), Death manip (Can select a player and choose how they die), Fire manip (with Flamthrower), greater ice manip (with freeze ray and Frost Barrel, Freeze trap), Greater Forcefeild creation (with Forcefield Potion and Placeable Forcefield), minor light manip (the Lantern produces light),

I probably missed some stuff but I'm to lazy to check

Okay, I read through everything and here's what's notable and stuff every Etherian can scale to: (the scaling chain might be more complex but here's a basic idea)

Scales to Single Stage Etherians​

Scales to Second Stage Etherians (only for ones that have three stages)​

- Ramprant can ram into boulders and Etherians and tank it

Scales to Final Stage Etherians​

Scales to the "legendaries" of the game​

So if anyone is capable of calcing these, feel free to. I might also try to get a friend to if she can.
But yeah what I know for sure if Wall and Subsonic single stage Etherians

Back