• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

*RISE OF SKYWALKER SPOILERS* Rey's Page.

I mean I kinda took that possibility as a guarantee given there's really no other explained way and I assumed authorial intent

Though JJ seems to contradict that

Palpatine wasn't amped. He was rejuvenated to his prime. "I am all the Sith" is like Louis XIV saying 'L'etat c'est moi' ('I am the state')

You can thank JJ Abrams for not giving us enough information and pulling Palpatine out of his ass.

It was stated that the Dyad would "restore the One True Emperor". That implies that he will be restored to his prime, not be amped

Wookipedia states: During the battle on Exegol, the life force of their dyad was used to restore the Sith Lord Darth Sidious.

@DTG when he outright says that the Dyad will restore the true Emperor?

When we see him visibly regenerate before oneshotting the fleet

The fact that's the whole point of the scenes?

I wish the Emperor blew up like half the fleet, like how Ronan in GotG used the Power Stone and his ship to destroy the Nova Corps. I don't know why but whenever Palpatine shoots his lightning into the sky, I just laugh out loud. It looks so dumb, and I'm comparing this movie to a Marvel movie starring a walking, talking raccoon and tree.

Natse I think the main problem with Palpatine (aside from apparently having become a dumbass who exposes his secret plan to everyone when he could have just attacked them by surprise) is that they made him NOW. His return should have been made in TFA or in TLJ at least so there would have been a sense of dread during the entire trilogy, with his shadow clearly looming over the events of the previous movies and then, you show him in the last movie. Doing what they did with Palpatine is like if we would have learned that Vader is Luke's father in ROTJ instead of ESB.

The most dramatic thing is that JJ, Disney and Kennedy didn't stop to say that everything, including Sidious's return, was planned from the beginning. So either they planned to make such bad move or they didn't planned anything and changed the entire movie and in both cases, that proves Disney didn't know how to manage the saga.

For Palpatine's profile, almost everything we have indicates draining the Dyad only restored his former power and nothing indicates he was amped (aside from the fact that technically he was amped from his "dead" form to his "alive" form. Also, i would add some other abilities to Palpatine like Fire Manipulation (based on the blue fire he created in Rebels).

Hellbeast1 said:
@DTG when he outright says that the Dyad will restore the true Emperor?

When we see him visibly regenerate before oneshotting the fleet

The fact that's the whole point of the scenes?
I remember him saying Rey was going to be more powerful than himself.

According to sources from Disney palatine did die on the Death Star but he just brought himself back to life with the force

Well if the proposal gets accepted, sure. Would Vader be the only one to be High 7-A or is it someone else (like Ahsoka and Obi) ?

Also, can we add some stuff for Palpatine like limited Fire Manipulation (for his blue fire in Rebels) and Illusion Manipulation (Via Sith Magic) ?

I believe so. The feat was performed only a little while after A New Hope.

• It is a period of unrest in the galaxy. The Sith Lord Darth Vader, enforcer of the Galactic Empire, has learned that it was Luke Skywalker who was the rebel pilot responsible for blowing up the Death Star. Vader is now more determined than ever to track down his son and turn him to the dark side. Luke, unaware that Vader is his father, fights against the Empire with the Rebel Alliance. New to the ways of the Force, Luke has discovered the journal of Ben Kenobi and has begun investigating any information he can on the Force-using Jedi Knights and their ways. Through the underworld sources of his secret ally, Dr. Aphra, Vader has received word of Luke's location-the former Jedi temple on the planet VROGAS VAS...

I've been wondering, does Rey have more potential than Anakin? After just a year of training under Leia, she's just as good as Anakin after he trained for ten years.

Natse said:
I've been wondering, does Rey have more potential than Anakin? After just a year of training under Leia, she's just as good as Anakin after he trained for ten years.
Yes

Natse said:
What?

This is the thread that accepted Sidious having Resurrection? I want to disagree with it.

Natse said:

I don't think she is on Anakin level in ligthsaber combat.

Natse No i don't think she has more potential. The Dyad thing and her lineage as Palpatine's grandaughter give her a great power but Anakin is the Chosen One of the Force. In truth, Anakin is superior. It's just that Rey is shown to use new powers while Anakin used the Force in a more conventional way. The Mortis arc proves that he is much more powerful though.

Rey defiantly does have more potential. She was able to use the Jedi mind trick after seeing it once, Was able to use force lightning without even knowing she could, she used force healing(something I recall Plagueis was only able to use). She beat Kylo Ren on her first time using a lightsaber. She killed Sidious after having all of her power drained form her. She is way WAY above Anakin, to the point of it being disgraceful.

Eficiente said:
This is the thread that accepted Sidious having Resurrection? I want to disagree with it.
Sidious confirmed that he died in the movie, and cited his quote that the Dark Side has many abilities. Hard to see how this doesn't confirm resurrection.

Anakin brought balance to the Force for less than thirty years (the prophecy is older than 1200 years old btw). Rey likely brought balance to the Force for longer, so it is hard to argue she isn't superior. Her lightsaber skills is comparable to Kylo, and she can improve.

For Rey's 6-C key, I think "Spirit of All the Jedi" is appropriate. She is powered by the Force Spirits of all the Jedi afterall.

ShadowWhoWalks said:
Sidious confirmed that he died in the movie, and cited his quote that the Dark Side has many abilities. Hard to see how this doesn't confirm resurrection.
The first is true but we don't know he resurrected himself on his own. Maybe his followers did that, maybe they helped him, many things that don't give him that power can justify what happened with all of them being just as valid given how it was portrayed.

the balance thing isn't about power. Anyone could have killed Sidious that way. He was destined to do this and was powerful enough to overpower the Son and the Daughter at the same time in the Mortis arc, even if he was empowered by the "planet" (we know he was), it is explictly said that only the Chosen One could dominate them empowered or not and that no one else could do this. The main problem is that since his duel with Obi-Wan on Mustafar, he never reached his true potential. Rey can improve but if you just look at what Vader SPOILER does at the end of Fallen Order (wich is completely canon), you know he is more powerful (and he did it casually). Rey's power comes from her lineage (the Dyad thing is only valuable when she is united with Kylo, otherwise she is not empowered by it).

And no, Rey didn't brought balance to the Fore, she destroyed the Sith Order, wich is somehting different. The balance is about giving a new beginning to the Force because at the time of Anakin, the Light was "in inferiority" since the Jedi Order had fallen to the Dark Side by the time of the Clone Wars. To restore the balance, Anakin had to destroy the Order (wich was corrupted by the DS) and then the Sith (Sidious and Vader). He fufilled the prophecy and brought balance indeed. What happened later wasn't a part of the balance thing.

Rey's key proposal seems fine to me (it must be clear se was "empowered").

I would incorporate the 6-C rating into her second key since it looks like a very brief and temporary power-up.

Well, Sidious easily overpowered her and Ben and he was really weakened so i don't think she can scale outside of summoning the Jedi's spirits. Maybe we don't need to add a key for that, we can simply add "at least 6-C via the Jedi's spirits" or something like that.

I think she could go for a secondary key for when the Jedi amp her

Though you can make an argument the lightning doesn't scale to his durability since it's melted him

Back